ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsCommand line revisited

Command line revisited
srhuston

Posted: Aug 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I started to hack together the ruby gem interface to Toodledo (mentioned at http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/21/-1753/command-line-client-in-ruby-available.html ) since I want to have some commands run when I login that refresh a local todo file that I check routinely. Unfortunately, after not much hacking today I got an error about being temporarily blocked for creating too many tokens (I was well under the 120/hr limit on API calls I'm sure, maybe having used 20 in the past hour). Since the API page mentions holding the token for four hours, I'm guessing that the ruby app's lack of caching caused the site to take action against me. It seems the Perl module would therefore do the same thing.

Since any other talk of a command line app or interface has been long ago (including a "Thanks for the suggestion" from last year), and those topics have therefore closed up, I'd like to see if anyone has a good method for getting the data in a human-friendly format from the website without using a web browser. I'd be willing to share my conglomeration of shell scripts which make that output quite useful on a handful of machines if you do :>
srhuston

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
I guess nobody else is using any of the command-line apps that interface with Toodledo? Best I can tell they would all suffer from this same problem (not caching the auth token) so I would think if anyone was using these it would be a more widespread problem.
Anders

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
I don't use anything like that, but your reasoning seems logical. I just wanted to mention that you might have better luck posting a question like this in the Developers Forum since it is API related, and that forum is more likely to be browsed by people who are interested in these sorts of things.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.