ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsPocket Informant not Syncing

Pocket Informant not Syncing
hlempert

Posted: Aug 31, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Suddenly, 3-4 days ago, pocket informant stopped syncing with Toodledo. Is anyone else having this problem? It appears to have happened with the latest update from Toodledo. I wrote to Toodledo and they said that it is a 3rd party application and they are not responsible for compatibility issues. I think that they did an update that has stopped syncing, and they should update so it works again. Any one agree?
Anders

Pocket Informant is syncing fine for me, and I haven't heard about any new problems either here or in the WebIS forums. WebIS (the developer of PI) has very good support. You should start a ticket with them: http://www.pocketinformant.com/sup/support_request_iphone.php
Or post in their PI iPhone forum: http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/index.php?showforum=61
Anders

Also, just FYI, Toodledo has what's called a public API. This is the interface that allows all the other third party apps to share information with Toodledo. No matter what Toodledo changes about the website, the API will always work the same way. It is just a language programs can use to request or send information to/from Toodledo. It is possible that changes could occur that would require other apps to interpret the information differently. For instance, if Toodledo were to implement multiple Contexts or something like that, the other apps would have to be changed to support that. But in general, if an app just stops syncing, it is a problem with the app.
hlempert

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
I did srate a ticket with them. They said that it is a known issue and they are working on a correction for version 1.1. I'll post a note there too.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.