ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsIphone Pocket Informant / Outlook/Toodledo sync issues

Iphone Pocket Informant / Outlook/Toodledo sync issues
pauldcullen

Posted: Sep 11, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Keef, are there issues with Pocket Informant for Iphone syncing? What seems to be happening is that if I mark a task complete on PI on iphone, then sync it to toodledo, outlook doesn't seem to be aware that the task is now complete and syncing between outlook/toodledo does not update the task in outlook, even though it's complete on the toodledo webpage side. I just noticed my time settings weren't set correctly - could this be the reason, or is it something to do with outlook not recognising that the task status has changed because PI has "marked" the item in a certain way that outlook can't recognise the task has changed. Could really do with your help here as I effectively now only have one-way sync. Thanks!
Anders

Posted: Sep 11, 2009
I would guess that the time-zone setting was your problem. That will cause problems even if you're just syncing one app with the website, and even more problems if you throw an additional app in the mix. I doubt it is anything specific about using PI and the Outlook sync tool together. PI just uses the same method to mark a task complete on Toodledo that other apps, including the sync tool, use. Please update here if the problems continue even after correcting the time-zone setting.
Skip Allis

Posted: Oct 21, 2009
I seem to be having trouble sycing between Toodledo and Informant (version 1.11.08) for iPhone (actually I am using it on an iPod Touch). When I set a custom repeat on the iPod, it syncs correctly with Toodledo, but the repeat is removed on the iPod side. That is: set a task to repeat Mondays and Wednesdays on the iPod, sync, then Toodledo says to repeat Every Mon, Wed but Informant on the Pod has no repeat any more. Any help?

This message was edited Oct 21, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Oct 21, 2009
First of all, make sure you are not looking at a completed version of the task, since the repeat is removed from the old task when a new one is created. If that's not it, you should contact WebIS to let them know about the issue.
Their PI iPhone forum is here: http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/index.php?showforum=61
And their iPhone support request page is here: http://www.pocketinformant.com/sup/support_request_iphone.php

One thing to note is that there are a few repeat types that PI can handle, but Toodledo can't, and in those cases the repeat pattern will be changed to something Toodledo can do. For instance if you set up a task in PI to repeat every other week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, it will be changed to every week (not every other week) on M, W, and F. However, the repeat you mentioned shouldn't cause that problem. If this is something you can reproduce, let me know all the specifics of the task, and I will try to reproduce it myself, but in the end this is something that WebIS is going to have to fix.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.