ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsAnother iPhone App: Listmaker

Another iPhone App: Listmaker
Anders

Posted: Sep 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I saw another iPhone app that syncs with Toodledo appear in the appstore this morning, and I wanted to share the news. It is called Listmaker, and is designed for keeping lists, though from what I have seen playing with it for a few minutes, it could also make a good super-simple to do list app as well. It only uses the Title, Folder (List), Due Date, and Notes fields. You can create sublists as well, but they obviously won't show up as such on Toodledo. This app is from the same developer as the GTD-focused app, Action Lists, and they do a very good job of creating apps that serve specific needs rather than trying to do the same thing as all the general purpose apps like the official app, Todo, etc. I am still figuring out how to get the most out of this app, but it seems like it is best to use a second account, separate from your main task management Toodledo account (unless of course you are planning to use Listmaker as a basic to do list). Anyway, it's very unique, and worth checking out if you think it sounds useful. Also, there is a free lite version (I'm not sure what its limitations are). Happy Toodledoing, and Toodlelisting :)

Edit: I just noticed that the app's developer made his own announcement about this app recently: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/3145/0/announcing-listmaker-for-the-iphone-and-iphone-touch.html
Somehow that one slipped by me. Sorry for creating a redundant thread.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2009.
c.e.perry

Posted: Sep 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the kind words Anders. As for suggestions for use, I use it every day to reference random information that I want to keep at hand, but that isn't a todo item. I have my Christmas list that I add to as ideas pop in my mind, music that I want to buy, vacation ideas, and dishes that my wife wants me to make for dinner. As you mentioned, the due date field does also give Listmaker the ability to serve as a super simple task manager.

I'd also like to reiterate your suggestion about a second account. If you plan to use Listmaker in addition to your regular Toodledo client, you will probably want a second (free) account. Listmaker pretty much takes over your folder list in Toodledo. Every folder is assumed to be a list, and will be sync'd as such. So if you use folders for something else (like area of focus or projects) Listmaker will try to sync all that data. In those cases, a separate account is recommended.

Finally, you asked about the limitations on the free Lite version. The lite version will only allow you to create 15 list items, but otherwise it is fully featured.

If anyone wants more information about Listmaker, you can read about its features and look at screenshots at the Listmaker homepage. If you have questions, you can post in the Daze End forums.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.