ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskAngel for Windows syncs directly with Toodledo

TaskAngel for Windows syncs directly with Toodledo
Ian McLeod

Posted: Jun 08, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I first downloaded the app at v1.4a and think it does a solid job overall. I'm not sure yet if I'll purchase, but there is no doubt I will as features expand.

A few ideas that have come up:

1. More keyboard shortcuts for doing the most important things.
2. Customizable New Task shortcut. Can it be made to work from anywhere?
3. Field defaults in New Task dialog. This would save a huge amount of time.
4. In New Task dialog, make tab move from field to field as laid out.

That's it for now. Thanks for all of your hard work on this.
andrew

Posted: Jun 09, 2010
Hi Ian,

Thank you very much for your feedback and ideas. We will address some of your points in our next build.

Currently the New task dialog takes its default values from your currently selected task. Would you prefer this feature to work differently?

Thanks,

Andrew
MyPocketSoft
http://www.taskangel.com
apastuszak

Posted: Jun 10, 2010
I just bought the app. With this, the web site, and Got To Do for Android, I can get my tasks almost everywhere. I wish there was a client for Mac that would sync.
osmanbo

Posted: Jun 11, 2010
I finally decided to purchase TaskAngel when Rev 1.3 came out after watching the developer's response to suggested functionality, regardless of whether you had purchased the product or not. And today I found out 1.4 is out with a couple of the features I had seen requested on other posts.

I encourage folks to go forward with the paid version in order to support the developer with their improvement efforts as they have proven themselves to be responsive.

Please note that I do not work for or with the developer. I am just another "Satisfied Customer".

Thanks to the Developers, and Keep Up The Good Work Guys!!!
Ian McLeod

Posted: Jun 12, 2010
Thanks for the reply, Andrew. Looking forward to new features ahead.

My thought for new tasks would simply be to set a global default. I hadn't picked up that the defaults were based on the currently selected task, as it wasn't what I would have expected.

I should probably read the manual too :)

Thanks again.
brill

Posted: Jun 13, 2010
Great application. I most definitely will buy it. One bug/note: tasks that have a "repeat" do not seem to sync to TaskAngel. Thanks, and keep up the great work.
brill

Posted: Jun 13, 2010
Allow me to add one more request: there should be a "multiple filter" option whereby you can select (via checkboxes) multiple criteria for filtering. Thanks.
andrew

Posted: Jun 14, 2010
Hi Brill,

Thanks for your comments. I'll add your vote to the requests for multiple filters. That gets it to the top of our enhancement priority list.

TaskAngel and Toodledo should sync repeating tasks correctly. So maybe you have found a bug. Please contact me by email - at [email protected] - and we can talk in more detail.

Thanks,

Andrew
MyPocketSoft
andrew

Hi,

TaskAngel 1.5 is now available. This includes the following improvements:

New Features
* You can operate TaskAngel without a mouse
* You can use Hot Keys to open TaskAngel and to create a new task
* You can customize which key combinations are used for Hot Keys
* Improved keyboard shortcuts
* Improved layout for Task Properties window

Small Changes
* Changes to Completed Date are synced back to Toodledo
* Removed blank column on right of printed task list
* Fixed error when you cancel printing to a PDF writer
* Overdue filter no longer includes completed tasks

All of these improvements are in response to your comments. Please leep them coming.

Thanks,

Andrew
MyPocketSoft

This message was edited Jun 14, 2010.
brill

Hi, I have a suggestion:

On your web site you say TaskAngel can sync with iPhone, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Q5: Which hand-held devices will TaskAngel sync with?
A5: TaskAngel syncs with Toodledo, so any handheld device that can work with Toodledo can work with TaskAngel. For example:

iPhone Download Toodledo from the App Store
Blackberry Use TaskJot. See their site at www.taskjot.com
Windows Mobile Use the Toodledo web portal at www.toodledo.com/slim
--------------------------------------------------------------------

You should add Android to the list. GotToDo for Android is a great program.
osmanbo

Hello Andrew, and thanks for 1.5. Is adding a "Snooze" on the Task Due time reminder functionality on the list of any requested improvements?

Hopefully it is... If not, I hope you can add it sometime soon. So that we can get even closer to eliminating the dependence on MS Office Tasks...

Thanks
andrew

Posted: Jun 15, 2010
Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I've updated the FAQ to mention Got To Do for Android.

We're now planning version 1.6. This will add the following features:

1. multiple filters
2. notes with web links and simple formatting (like Toodledo does it)
3. 'duplicate task' command
4. snooze button for reminders

Thanks,

Andrew
MyPocketSoft
theZimmee

Posted: Jun 22, 2010
Andrew, I've heard a lot about task angel and I would really like to take a look at it; but when I type in your URL there is no website available at the URL I am typing... I have tried multiple times over the past couple of days thinking the site might be temporarily down, but it still doesn't work. Is www.taskangel.com the correct URL??? Thanks.

Tyson.
Dave

@tytyzimmy try this link http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/
Tim

Entering "Taskangel" into Google reveals the website as

http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/
andrew

Posted: Jun 24, 2010
Hi,

You can use www.taskangel.com. This is a shortcut to www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel

I don't understand why this didn't work for you. It seems OK now. Please let me know if you have trouble with it again.

Thanks,
Andrew
robert.griffin1

Posted: Jun 29, 2010
I think you must be having some website issues. Neither link seems to be working at the moment.

Hope you get it resolved soon! I need to download the update. :-)
Dave

@robert I have tried a couple of times and both links work today just like they did 6 days ago when the issue was first posted. No problems here.
Tim

Agree with Dave!
robert.griffin1

Tried it from three different browsers without success. If you visited the site recently, it may still be in your cache, and you would not have any problems. With a clear cache, I'm wondering if you have any issues.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.