ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskAngel for Windows syncs directly with Toodledo

TaskAngel for Windows syncs directly with Toodledo
Dave

Posted: Jan 26, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Andrew,

It would be great if you could put up a few large screenshots of TaskAngel on your site so we could see it before installing it. Thanks.
robert.griffin1

Posted: Jan 26, 2010
So far, this appears to be the most promising desktop app for Toodledo yet. I'm still testing it myself. But the work is most definitely headed in the right direction. These items are still very important:

* Reminders
* Subtasks
* Advanced repeats
* Calendar
* Goals
* Import / Export

Aside from Reminders, Subtasks, and Advance Repeats, the others are less critical for those of us who travel and use laptops in areas that do not have wireless capability IMHO. Adding those three items would make this a mobile must for Toodledo users...
Dave

Posted: Jan 28, 2010
Nevermind Andrew I found the screenshots in the guide. App looks great. I will probaby buy when sharing is supported since I use that a lot
andrew

Posted: Jan 30, 2010
Thanks for your positive comments.

What formats are most important for Import / Export? TaskAngel already uses XML for its Tasks file and its Settings file. And it also talks to Toodledo using XML. So features to import and export native XML and other XML formats will be the easiest things to put in.

Regards,
Andrew
MyPocketSoft
http://www.taskangel.com

This message was edited Jan 30, 2010.
robert.griffin1

Posted: Feb 01, 2010
CSV would be a good option as well. Again...I was thinking in terms if moving between Outlook if one does not use the Outlook Toodledo Plugin.

Looking forward to the next build.
Robert
andrew

Posted: Feb 05, 2010
OK thanks. Our priority list currently stands as follows:

Subtasks (with Drag and Drop)
Reminders
Goals
Advanced repeats
Import / Export (especially for Outlook)
Tags
Custom Filters
Trash Can
Calendar

Regards,
Andrew
MyPocketSoft

This message was edited Feb 05, 2010.
bahetc

Posted: Feb 05, 2010
Hi - any idea of timing on some of these enhancements? this would also be useful to know if possible
andrew

Posted: Feb 08, 2010
Hi,

I don't want to make any promises with timing. Subtasks is currently in development and will be available soon.

Regards,
Andrew
MyPocketSoft
bahetc

Thanks - what about syncing to Toodeldo?
robert.griffin1

Syncing with Toodledo works well. I've been testing with TaskAngel and no problems with keeping tasks in sync.
1991mm

Posted: Feb 09, 2010
Im just testing Taskangel. and it looks promising.
How did you guys find the syncing to toodledo?
Alisa

Posted: Feb 14, 2010
I had a minor glitch on my initial sync with Toodledo but it was when I was using our home wireless internet connection and had to do with a proxy setting. As soon as I disabled it everything synced up nicely and was very fast!

Thanks for creating this offline app. I am coming up on my renewal for Toodledo and was debating about whether to continue. Now I will for sure since I can get to my list offline.

Agree with the others that sub-tasks are essential. After playing around with TaskAngel I realized none of my actual tasks (sub-tasks) are included. I use Tasks (in Toodledo) as projects and sub-tasks as my actual tasks list. I may list my sub-tasks in the notes section for each task so I at least have an over-view of what I need to do. Keep up the good work!

This message was edited Feb 14, 2010.
andrew

Posted: Feb 14, 2010
Hi,

Thanks for your comments. Subtasks design has been done, and testing is underway.

Best wishes,

Andrew
MyPocketSoft
jayb

Posted: Feb 21, 2010
Hi Andrew:

I am already a fan of TaskAngel. My 30 day trial is up and I am about to pull the trigger and purchase the program tomorrow. I really need tags and advanced filters to use it completely, but I see those are on your list of developments so I will put down the money and be patient.

The UI for Toodledo on the web is just awful. Already, TaskAngel has improved my workflow by giving me my folders, contexts, etc. along the left hand pane. Thank you!

As a Version 1.1 product, TaskAngel has a lot of growing to do - but is an excellent start. Here is hoping that many people will check it out and decide to purchase it so that it can become a truly great product.

Perhaps one day it will be as developed as Omnifocus and I can give up my fantasies about getting a mac!!

Everyone should try this product if you want to work on your tasks on your PC!!
andrew

Posted: Feb 23, 2010
Hi Jayb,

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement.

TaskAngel 1.2 will have subtasks. When it's ready I'll let you know via this forum. Tags and advanced filters are still on our todo list.

Best wishes,
Andrew
andrew

Posted: Feb 28, 2010
Hi,

I am delighted to announce that TaskAngel version 1.2 is now available. This adds Groups & Subtasks, and Drag & Drop.

Please visit our download page at http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/download.aspx

This is a free upgrade for existing customers.

Enjoy!

Andrew
MyPocketSoft
www.mypocketsoft.com
Nicholas

Posted: Feb 28, 2010
Advice:
You need to make your website look better.
Add screenshots!
tek

Posted: Mar 01, 2010
I took a look at your site and TaskAngel looks interesting. One of the main reasons I picked Toodledo out of the hundreds of products available is that I am old school and like the ability to print pocketmod mini-booklets. Since no one else has mentioned it as a priority, I will. You know, I have lousy reception in my gym and at Costco, so can't always depend upon an online solution....Plus, you've got to admit that people using PDA's to read their grocery lists just plain look idiotic. Paper is so much better.

One person is reporting in the TaskAngel forum that the sync was more the equivalent to a download from Toodledo. That's obviously not acceptable but there has been no reply even though it's an older post. Is this truly two way sync of all add/change/deletes according to date/time sequence?

Thanks,
T

This message was edited Mar 01, 2010.
andrew

Posted: Mar 02, 2010
Hi tek,

Thanks for your message. I've added booklet printing to the enhancement list. Meanwhile, TaskAngel does have some useful printing features, that might be worth a try.

Yes, TaskAngel does a true two-way sync of adds/changes/deletes with Toodledo.

Thanks,
Andrew
MyPocketSoft
Dave

Posted: Mar 02, 2010
@andrew, have you thought about having subtasks indented on the list. Visually it is hard to discern them on the list except for the plus sign next to the main task. Would be great to have the subs indented a bit.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.