ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsOutlook Plugin Doesn't Work with Outlook 2010

Outlook Plugin Doesn't Work with Outlook 2010
jay.shen

Posted: Dec 14, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Anyone tested this plugin with Outlook 2010? I can't seem to get it to work and not sure where to start....any advice on this??? Thanks...
matt.t.hines

Posted: Dec 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Mine works fine.
bjarte.ask

Posted: Dec 20, 2009
Do you have the Outlook 2010 x86 or x64?

Mine are not working. I have the newest Outlook beta and using Windows 7. Advice?

Thanks!
matthew.mcdermott

Posted: Jan 24, 2010
Posted by matt.t.hines:
Mine works fine.

Matt, do you have the 32 or 64 bit version. I am running x64 and it fails to init the Outlook interface.

I swapped out the Interop and Office DLLs for thier version 14 replacements and it appeared to work, it actually transferred one task. THe problem is I have about 30 that should have gone.

Here is a snip of the trace. Each failure has a Null Reference Exception.

M
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ToodledoTaskProcessor: UpdateTaskFromTaskItem(): updating Toodledo task from Outlook Task [RE: Intellectual Mind Share Data.xlsx]
SyncApp.exe Warning: 0 : TaskSyncController: ProcessContextStates() Error processing item Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SynchLib.TaskSync.ToodledoTaskProcessor.UpdateTaskFromTaskItemInternal(Task task, TaskItem taskItem)
at SynchLib.TaskSync.ToodledoTaskProcessor.UpdateTaskFromTaskItem(Task task, TaskItem taskItem)
at SynchLib.TaskSync.States.StateUpdatedOnOutlook.Process()
at SynchLib.Common.StatePattern.SyncContextBase`1.Process()
at SynchLib.TaskSyncController.ProcessContextStates(List`1 contexts)
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : TaskSyncContext:switchState() moving to state SyncStateError
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ToodledoTaskProcessor:GetTaskById() loading task data for task 22365883
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ToodleProxy: Auth token is 5.82 minutes old, 224.18 remaining
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ToodledoTaskProcessor: UpdateTaskFromTaskItem(): updating Toodledo task from Outlook Task [Revamp the Extranet]
SyncApp.exe Warning: 0 : TaskSyncController: ProcessContextStates() Error processing item Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SynchLib.TaskSync.ToodledoTaskProcessor.UpdateTaskFromTaskItemInternal(Task task, TaskItem taskItem)
at SynchLib.TaskSync.ToodledoTaskProcessor.UpdateTaskFromTaskItem(Task task, TaskItem taskItem)
at SynchLib.TaskSync.States.StateUpdatedOnOutlook.Process()
at SynchLib.Common.StatePattern.SyncContextBase`1.Process()
at SynchLib.TaskSyncController.ProcessContextStates(List`1 contexts)
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : TaskSyncContext:switchState() moving to state SyncStateError
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ToodledoTaskProcessor:GetTaskById() loading task data for task 22365887

This message was edited Jan 24, 2010.
asutton64

Posted: Jan 29, 2010
Mine isn't sync'ing either since installing Outlook 2010 beta. Running the 32-bit Office on x64 Win7. Here is what the trace output shows.

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:Synchronize() method called
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : OutlookProxy:Initialize() initialization error Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)). at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass.GetNamespace(String Type)
at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.Initialize()
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: Could not Initialize outlook interface
at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.InitializeInstance()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.Synchronize()
at SyncApp.frmMain.PerformSync()
Dave

Posted: Jan 29, 2010
I am running Outlook 2010 beta on x32 with no issues at all on XP.
asutton64

Posted: Feb 01, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
That's odd, that would indicate it's something to do with Win7 (security?) but I was running fine on Win7 prior to Office 2010. Sure do miss my tasks on my iphone.
Mutlee

Posted: Feb 04, 2010
Toodledo please note:

You (as well as us users) will need to ask Chromatic Dragon to produce a sync app for Outlook 2010 32-bit AND 64-bit versions.

Regards
asutton64

Posted: Feb 05, 2010
and fast too because I miss being able to update my tasks on my iphone. This sync utility was really nice until it stopped working after I updated. Having to choose between Outlook 2010 and iphone tasks is too much. Please please make it work again.
asutton64

Posted: Feb 12, 2010
Very odd but I removed the 32-bit Office 2010 and loaded the 64-bit Office and now the sync utility is working. I also installed some kind of Office 2010 beta update from Microsoft which is more likely what helped. But in any case it is sync'ing so all is good.
arturo.ortiz1

Posted: Feb 22, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
Wich outlook update did you install, where in Microsoft can i find it?

Regards
toodledo

Posted: Feb 25, 2010
I'm having a very bad experience with Toodledo outlook sync and Outlook 2010. It is duplicating tasks on every sync. I initially let it periodically sync and it caused hundred of tasks! I uninstalled both Outlook and the Toodledo sync to no avail.

I'm looking at Remember the Milk to see if anyone has that working with Outlook 2010.
bytemi

Posted: Mar 24, 2010
I have my Outlook 2010 (32-bit) beta on XP Tablet Edition 2005 and I have not yet had any problems. I installed the Toodledo Outlook Sync after installing and setting up my Office 2010.

Outlook 2010 v 14.0.04536.100 (32-bit)
Toodledo Outlook Sync Application v 1.0.1.6
asutton64

Posted: Apr 30, 2010
How I corrected mine and got sync working:

I had loaded the Office 2010 beta, then back to Office 2007, now back on the full release of 2010. Sometimes loading 32-bit, sometimes 64-bit. Seems that somehow the PIA file msoutl.olb was not where it needed to be. Used Microsoft's process monitor to determine that it was looking for this file in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 and the file was actually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14. So I copied the file over and now it is syncing fine. I'm sure there is someplace in the registry that could be modified but just glad I can sync my tasks to my iphone again.
nickbhavsar

Posted: May 14, 2010
Does anyone know how to get sync to work with a clean install of Office 2010?
j.eggen

Posted: May 17, 2010
I upgraded from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 last week (32 bit) and have not had any problems. This isn't the only plugin that won't work on Outlook 64-bit. Google Apps Outlook Sync is not supporting 64-bit either... FYI

Correction: I was working with the old version. Once I tried to updated to v1.0.1.6 this morning it stopped working. When I went back to 1.0.1.4 it worked again. Might want to try downloading 1.0.1.4.
http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/utils/GoDownload.aspx?file=ToodledoSync_1_01_4.msi

This message was edited May 17, 2010.
mail

Posted: May 26, 2010
I tried both - 1.0.1.4 and 1.0.1.6 with 32bit - it doesn't work. The message is "the outlook interface couldn't be initialized".
Tim's Tasks

Posted: Jun 11, 2010
Had the same problem as asutton64 having moved from Office 2010 x64 beta to x32 for RTM. 1.0.1.6 is working again after copying msoutl.olb.
Beugnen

Posted: Jun 30, 2010
my outlook 2010 x86 retail version WAS working on Win7 x64 and now its NOT. im getting:

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:Synchronize() method called
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : OutlookProxy:Initialize() initialization error Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)). at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass.GetNamespace(String Type)
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: Could not Initialize outlook interface
at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.InitializeInstance()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.Synchronize()
at SyncApp.frmMain.PerformSync()
Acrosome

Posted: Jul 01, 2010
I am runnning Windows 7 (64 bit) and Toodledo Outlook sync version 1.0.1.4 and get the error message "could not initialize outlook interface". I have seen that several people have tried to copying the PIA file msoutl.olb to the path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14. I never found this file. I am running Windows Outlook 2010 (32 bit) and would like to know how I can get access to the msoutl.olb file.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.