ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsMapping of several outlook categories to several Toodledo Folder

Mapping of several outlook categories to several Toodledo Folder
info

Posted: Jan 26, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

I posted already in questions section but think that it might better fit here. Therefore this repost

I have in Outlook tasks, which can belong to several (more than one) categories: Example I have project 1, project 2, ... Then there is a folder urgent and a folder important. Some of the tasks in the category project 1 are also in urgent.

I use the sync program to map between outlook and toodledo (and then sync to Iphone again)

The mapping of tasks, which are in several folders does not work correctly as I expect it. If I check the box create folders, then there is a folder created called "project 1, urgent". If I do not check the box and create the folders in toodledo, then the task from the example is neither in project 1 nor in urgent but in a folder "no folder". What I want is that I find it, when I open folder project 1 and that I find it, when I open "urgent"

Is there a way to replicate the principle of using the categories in outlook to toodledo? Would it work with using context instead folders?

Thanks and regards

Ulrich
tim.bader

Posted: Jan 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
I have the same problem.
I asked the creator of the sync app about it and unfortunately, it does not allow for multiple categories from Outlook: I find that it only keeps the first category that is assigned to a given task.
I don't think he has any plans to change either but it might be worth asking.
I've tried using Context but all I get is a list of categories that represent both Outlook Contexts and Outlook "Projects", all appearing under the Toodledo contexts area, with each task being assigned to whichever of these happens to be the first category within Outlook!
Not very satisfactory.
If anyone knows a way around this, I would be grateful to hear it as well.
Regards,
Tim
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.