ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsOutlook Sync Database to transition to new computer?

Outlook Sync Database to transition to new computer?
jdaniel1

Posted: Apr 23, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have over 1000 outlook tasks, spread out over a dozen different folders/categories. These have been successfully sync'd back and forth with Toodledo.com and my desktop's Outlook 2007.

I have recently upgraded my computer. When I tried to sync for the first time, it created duplicate tasks on both toodledo and outlook. This will be a royal pain to manually correct, especially as I don't know which one to delete, as they are identical. It is even complicated further as I have so many! The following is a snippet of a task which is on both Toodledo and Outlook. The end result are two identical entries on both Toodledo and Outlook.

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : OutlookTaskProcessor:CreateTaskItemFromTask(): creating Outlook task from ToodleTask: 43693083 [Media Room HTPC]
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : OutlookTaskProcessor:UpdateTaskItemFromTask(): updating Outlook task from ToodleTask: 43693083 [Media Room HTPC]
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : TaskSyncContext:switchState() moving to state SyncStateSynched

Is there a way to "copy" the sync database from my original installation, and reuse it for the new computer? That way it will recognize that the tasks have already been sync'd.

Thanks!
jdaniel1

Posted: Apr 24, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am updating my own thread, as I ended up finding the solution. ;-)

What I did was copy the folder c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\ToodledoSyncApp

from my old computer to the new one. I overwrote what was there after installing toodledosync.

Worked like a champ.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.