ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsChromatic Dragon Outlook Sync

Chromatic Dragon Outlook Sync
Brian

Posted: Jun 24, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Is this still an issue for this add-on?

"Warning: We have received a number of complaints that the Outlook sync tool can sometimes accidentally delete all of your tasks from inside Toodledo. Please remember that Toodledo cannot be held responsible for misbehaving third-party applications."

Thank you.
Brian

Posted: Jun 29, 2010
Anyone heard of this?
Kirk

Posted: Jul 01, 2010
I started using this yesterday. So far, so good. To be extra safe, I exported my Toodledo list to a txt file, so in the event I lost my todo items, I could restore from file. All seems okay so far.

The one issue I have is when I completed a recurring task that originated from Toodledo with Outlook the task was marked completed, but the next recurring task was not created as the application documentation says it should.
jl_stansbury

Posted: Jul 08, 2010
Installed it yesterday, and so far so good as well. To make things really weird--I'm using the Netcentrics add-in (pc is Outlook w/o Exchange, phone is Samsung Moment). Outlook --> GTD Add-In --> Google Calendar Sync | Chromatic Dragon Outlook Sync --> Toodledo --> Got To Do --> Phone; and back. All seems to be working, amazingly so.
gotors

Posted: Jul 20, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I"vew been using this software for about a year without problems. Nevertheless, ALWAYS create a periodic backup with any snycing software because they are ALL susceptible to errors.
shawndpaul

Posted: Jul 24, 2010
Will Chromatic work with Outlook 2010?
kevin

Posted: Jul 26, 2010
jl_stansbury,

I am trying to run the same setup as you - Outlook --> GTD Add-In --> Google Calendar Sync | Chromatic Dragon Outlook Sync --> Toodledo --> Got To Do --> Phone.

What do you do with the Netcentrics Projects and Subprojects Folders? I figure since Action is automatically copied to Categories by netcentrics that I would map that to contect in Toodledo. But can't figure out what to do with project and subproject? Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted by jl_stansbury:
Installed it yesterday, and so far so good as well. To make things really weird--I'm using the Netcentrics add-in (pc is Outlook w/o Exchange, phone is Samsung Moment). Outlook --> GTD Add-In --> Google Calendar Sync | Chromatic Dragon Outlook Sync --> Toodledo --> Got To Do --> Phone; and back. All seems to be working, amazingly so.
juanantoniod

Posted: Jul 28, 2010
Posted by shawndpaul:
Will Chromatic work with Outlook 2010?

I have successfully used Chromatic Dragon (CD) with Outlook 2010 and Toodledo.
HilarieP

Posted: Aug 02, 2010
I am DYING to know how you handle the issue of the Outlook - GTD Add-In - Toodledo Netcentrics Projects issue. I rely heavily on my Netcentrics Projects. I cannot figure out a way to get any of that info to go over to ToodleDo.

Any advice?
TS272727

Posted: Aug 11, 2010
Hello,

I'm using Outlook - GTD Add-in - Toodledo - Toodledo iPhone App.

It is working quite well (no synch errors yet, amazingly) but I have basically accepted that projects and subprojects won't make it over to toodledo or my iPhone.

I only use toodledo as an intermediary so I'm not worried about that part. I have the actions from GTD add-in mapped on to Toodledo contexts so that shows up in my iPhone.
With that, I'm able to usefully filter by the date and the context in the Toodledo app to manage my tasks on the go.

Anything more sophisticated with projects and subs just doesn't seem feasible now to synch outside of Outlook -- at least not until Netcentrics makes apps for mobile platforms that have a true one-to-one correspondence with the desktop plugin.

The current system is enough to get me through the day though and be able to tackle the tasks I need to while on the road.
Philipp Stephanus

Posted: Jan 30, 2011
TS272727,

How did you manage to map the actions from the GTD add-in mapped on to Toodledo's contexts?
Sander

Posted: Feb 01, 2011
That's quite easy. In the Chromatic options, second tab, choose Map Categories to Context.
docmel

Posted: Feb 02, 2011
Using Outlook exchange with two tasks folders - the Company tasks are stored on the To - do list, but I maintain another task list in my name which is kept on my machine and not available on other PC's

The Chromatic Snch function picks up the company tasks but not my personal ones, which is what I would prefer - any one know how to do that?
AndyShap

Posted: Feb 04, 2011
It appears that Chromatic Sync ONLY syncs the Main Tasks folder and the Main Notes folder. I have about 10 different tasks folders. ALL of the items in Tasks folder "one", I gave a catagory of "one". For folder two, I gave a catagory of "two". I then moved all of my tasks into the main tasks folder. They now all show up as separate folders in Toodledo. This appears to be the only way to get the job done.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.