ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTask Surfer for Mac - Request for Beta Testers

Task Surfer for Mac - Request for Beta Testers
mikestew

Posted: Jul 22, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Task Surfer, the Mac task management software that syncs to Toodledo, will be heading into beta testing here in the next week or two. Two Dogs is looking for 50 beta testers to help hammer out those last few bugs before release.

Task Surfer fully supports all of the Toodledo features found in the free version (of course, pro features will be coming later). It also supports all of the data in both free and pro versions. That means two-way synchronization for either version, Task Surfer will just ignore what it doesn't support (such as subtasks).

Along with online synching, Task Surfer gives you the niceties of a Mac OS X client, such as drag-and-drop, keyboard hotkeys, offline access, and quick task entry from anywhere. More information can be found at http://frostydogs.com/taskSurfer/taskSurfer.html.

To apply for the beta, please fill out the form at http://frostydogs.com/tasksurferbeta/tsbeta.php. Note that Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard is required. The beta should start rolling out around the first of August, and selected participants will be notified shortly before the beta starts. Depending on a lot of things, the beta may be expanded, so feel free to pass this on to folks you think might be interested.

Mike Stewart
Two Dogs Software, LLC
Irklak

Posted: Aug 06, 2010
I responded and am curious to see what you application offers!
johnwin

Posted: Aug 08, 2010
I'm on the beta test for this app and must say that it looks very promising and Mike is a most responsive developer.

I'm not sure if there are still beta test spaces left but would recommend it to anyone who is happy to be part of a beta test.
Irklak

Posted: Aug 14, 2010
I second john win
mikestew

Posted: Sep 27, 2010
Posted by mikestew:
Task Surfer, the Mac task management software that syncs to Toodledo, will be heading into beta testing here in the next week or two. Two Dogs is looking for 50 beta testers to help hammer out those last few bugs before release.

TaskSurfer has hit release candidate status, and the beta is now closed. Thanks to all who signed up, filed bugs, and offered feedback.

For those looking for a Mac OS task management application that syncs with Toodledo, you can soon download the 14 day trial or purchase online at the TaskSurfer website: http://www.frostydogs.com/tasksurfer/

Mike Stewart
Two Dogs Software, LLC
Salgud

Posted: Sep 28, 2010
Posted by johnwin:
I'm on the beta test for this app and must say that it looks very promising and Mike is a most responsive developer.

I'm not sure if there are still beta test spaces left but would recommend it to anyone who is happy to be part of a beta test.

What if not doing beta testing anymore is a big part of the reason I'm happy? :)

This message was edited Sep 28, 2010.
mco

Posted: Sep 29, 2010
Well, it's out. I downloaded it. The dmg file turned itself into a folder instead of automounting, but no harm done. It reminds me a little of the splashdata desktop software, but not that bad, maybe a little rough and un-mac-like. It does not, alas, seem better than the Toodledo web interface.
PeterW 

Posted: Sep 29, 2010
Posted by mco:
It does not, alas, seem better than the Toodledo web interface.

Good grief - that bad?
enick2002

Posted: Oct 27, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
I am interested in being a tester for this software and the possible interface it would have with iCal to be synced with the iPad
AJD

Posted: Nov 03, 2010
have the App Trial- and think it is substantially better than the ToodleDo interface. But I cannot make this purchase until the SubTasks are enabled. Looking forward to that and then I am onboard.

Exactly what I have been looklng for. I use 2Do on my iPhone, ToodleDo for the cloud syncing and need a desktop app for when I am not connected . . .unbelievable to me that it has taken this long to find a ToodleDo desktop partner for my MAC.
michal.zdansky

Posted: Jan 05, 2011
Same problem here. I use 2do and I`m looking for a way to sync Toodledo with Things, Omnifocus or another Mac app. Subtasks are required. Any suggestions?
mikestew

Posted: Jan 10, 2011
For those looking for subtask support, please see the new thread in this forum: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/9124/0/tasksurfer-v11-mac-os-x-client-now-with-subtasks.html

And thanks for the feedback, it raised the feature up the priority because of the number of folks here and elsewhere stating that it was important to them.

Mike Stewart
Frosty Dogs
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.