PeterW 

Posted: Jul 27, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Transisto

Posted: Jul 31, 2010
Hooray !

We're thrilled with all the new abilities of iOS 4

Appigo is pushing 3rd party apps a lot. (with a contest) Ex: TextExpander.

They must love IOS4 new multitasking.

This message was edited Jul 31, 2010.
apastuszak

Posted: Aug 19, 2010
IOS4 multitasking isn't really multitasking. Apps like Todo and the Toodledo app will NOT run in the background according to Apple's rules for background apps. The best these apps can do is finish syncing and then suspend themselves.

Any belief that your task list will happily sit in the background and sync your tasks with the web is sadly mistaken...
Rusty Castleman

Posted: Aug 29, 2010
I use Pocket Informant to synch with Toodledo. When I open Informant, it synchs automatically with Toodledo and this usually takes 10 secs or so. Given that, why would I need to synch in real-time? I can't use boths apps at one time anyway.
mco

Posted: Sep 28, 2010
Posted by PeterW:

It's out. The big new feature is it can sync to Todo Online, a $20/year OTA sync service. Syncs Appigo Todo and ical, with an alpha web browser interface. No screenshots of web browser, no details on features. There's a 14-day free trial.

Leaving aside the question as to whether this new service is a good value compared to, say, Toodledo, the lack of detailed information, the brief free trial, the known difficulty of providing robust syncing, and the alpha browser interface tell me that one should think twice, and then twice more, about chasing this one.
PeterW 

Posted: Sep 28, 2010
I was on the beta team and trialled Todo Online as part of the program.

Syncing is very reliable - no problems at all and the new version is very smooth indeed on the iPhone.

As you've noted, the Todo Online web interface is still in alpha but shows a lot of promise. I'm a big fan of Appigo Todo - in my opinion they provide a nice balance between power, ease of use and the iPhone "fun factor". I've no doubt that the web interface will succeed.
mco

Posted: Sep 29, 2010
Posted by PeterW:
I'm a big fan of Appigo Todo - in my opinion they provide a nice balance between power, ease of use and the iPhone "fun factor". I've no doubt that the web interface will succeed.

I keep looking at Appigo because of sunk costs, I guess. I suppose people who do straight-ahead priority and due date may like it, but it just doesn't have the power and flexibility of Toodledo for me. And I absolutely hate the iPad "paper planner" interface.
Dave

Posted: Sep 29, 2010
Not too impressed with the new version, will be sticking to Action Lists for now
Warren

Posted: Oct 25, 2010
I purchased Todo for ipad and I agree with mco about the "paper planner". This theme is completely worthless to me. It wastes alot of screen space for silly ring binders.

The app supports themes, I hope the developers can find some time to develop one that doesn't try to mimic paper. If I wanted a 3-ring binder, I would buy one.

Appigo, please provide a clean theme that promotes task presentation for quick scanning. Please review any of the successful task management websites for examples.
PeterW 

Posted: Oct 25, 2010
Appigo has their own forums - probably best to post there as I've never seen them on the Toodledo forums.
learned

Posted: Jan 24, 2011
I disagree about the Todo paper theme. While I agree about the binders taking far too much screen space, I find that overall their presentation format does let me drill in easily to a project as I'm doing reviews and thinking through next actions. Having as much information as possible thrown at me vs. having the information I need in an elegant manner? I will take the latter.

Personally I think with the iPhone and iPad, no one has yet found a good presentation method that really uses the platform to it's maximum potential. I'd love to get away from lists entirely and move to more graphical representations. StockMap which is used to present the health of the stock market is one concept that comes to mind. Ok, I'm waxing philosophic now, so I'll shut up.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.