ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsWindows Phone 7 sync

Windows Phone 7 sync
Peter Kremzar

Posted: Nov 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I'm just planning to buy my new Windows Phone 7 and would like to ask if someone is doing an application for this new operating system?

Thanks.
mike

Posted: Nov 02, 2010
Yeah...I've got one about 80% complete. I tabled it due to a lack of interest. If there is an interest, I can resurrect the project and get it in the store soon.
jim

Posted: Nov 09, 2010
There's interest. Seriously, if you went to the official WP7 forum and told them you had an app that would allow them to access a site that synced to their Outlook tasks (I'm thinking of Chromatic Dragon's syncing tool here that I've been using for a long time with great success), you would make a whole lot of people happy as WP7 doesn't sync tasks from Outlook at all.
Andrew A

Posted by jim:
as WP7 doesn't sync tasks from Outlook at all.

What? OMG... what are they, Apple? Really, MS doesn't deserve any part of the mobile market.

Just google this some, Notes from Outlook won't synch either, and contacts requires Live or Hotmail... OK... they claim it is a cloud based phone...

Just adds fuel to what Jim said...
PeterW 

Posted by Andrew A:
What? OMG... what are they, Apple? Really, MS doesn't deserve any part of the mobile market.

Very surprising. Guess they see Android as the biggest threat.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Nov 10, 2010
Hello,

I got an WP7 and it syncs my contacts, mail and calendar from google.
mike

Posted: Nov 10, 2010
Posted by jim:
There's interest. Seriously, if you went to the official WP7 forum and told them you had an app that would allow them to access a site that synced to their Outlook tasks (I'm thinking of Chromatic Dragon's syncing tool here that I've been using for a long time with great success), you would make a whole lot of people happy as WP7 doesn't sync tasks from Outlook at all.

You know, that's a really good point.
kristos.zagorianos

Posted: Nov 17, 2010
please come out with a good working app! I need toodledo on my WP7!
nv00021

Posted: Nov 18, 2010
I am adding my name to the list of people that NEED an official WP7 app. This is the MOST used app on my Android phone and iPhone both through 3rd parties. So I don't care who it comes from I just NEED ToodleDo on my WP7!!!

PLEASE
mike

I am working on it. Getting close. I have made it very WP7 Metro looking. Will set up a blog tonight posting screenshots and progress and asking for feedback. Check tomorrow for http://photon.funkymule.com.
inssales

Hi Mike, a WP7 tool to synce with Toodledo would be great. I have not used this service before, but I came across it as I have been researching a way to sync my tasks with WP7. one of the key reasons I have not bought the phone yet. There is already a soltuion from Remeber the Milk. WinMilk. However, RMT requires a $25 dollar subscription.

There has be TONS of gripes of the lack of task sync with WP7. So many people would use Toodledo as a hand-off software. I do not mind a one-time fee but a yearly fee is painful.

If you can build a WP7 app to syn with Toodledo that was similar in look and feel to Outlook Tasks, i am confident that you could do very well for yourself.

Nice work!
mike

Posted: Nov 19, 2010
I've got my first UI concept online. Check out http://photon.funkymule.com. I'm locked out of my ToodleDo account now, but will get some live screenshots going later.

kevin

Posted: Nov 22, 2010
Looks good. I've just bought a Win 7 phone, and the todo apps that are available seem to be mostly local, and they just show a static tile, which is 100% against the design of Win 7.

I already use ToodleDo on my iPad, so a Win 7 app would be perfect. I would be happy to try a beta and give feedback, or pre-buy :-)

Do you have an eta?
lburton

Posted: Nov 24, 2010
So location based bothering would be awesome.. your here so you should work on XYZ.. or it automatically selects a context based on location prox.
Peter Kremzar

Posted: Dec 07, 2010
I think this app looks great visually. I really like that you observed the Microsoft guidelines about the application design.There are lots of other applications at the Marketplace that I really don't like because they look as confusing as they would be written for Android or iPhone. Can't wait to try.
kristos.zagorianos

Posted: Dec 09, 2010
I know there is another app in progress, and I have not seen it in action, yet...but I am really hoping whatever comes out, with integrate seamlessly with toodledo!
pfreeman1

Posted: Dec 12, 2010
Can't wait to download this app! Thanks for your effort!
jcoleman_1292408451

Posted: Dec 15, 2010
Just wanted to add my voice to the throng clamouring for a proper Task/Todo list app for Windows Phone 7. I've looked at other task apps and they're all crap - without exception they all either store tasks locally or don't support start dates or recurrances.

Toodledo looks like the way forward, but we need that Photondo app ASAP!

Three requests though -
1. Please make sure tasks with a future start date don't display, but tasks without a start date do.

2. Please allow the app to work offline so it can be used when there's no net access.

3. Make the Live Tile display the number of outstanding tasks in your current location - so when I'm at work or at home I can see at a glance if I've got work to do!

Many thanks!

This message was edited Dec 15, 2010.
fabian.hoeger

Posted: Apr 17, 2011
Hi everybody,

my Todo-App for Windows Phone 7 has a Tooodledo sync now, too.
Would be nice if there are some people willing to take a look at it.

Marketplace:

Applist:
http://wp7applist.com/en-US/app/4761/atodomap

http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=7558f044-db01-e011-9264-00237de2db9e

Kind rega
Stoley

Posted: Apr 24, 2011
Fabian,

I use this app and, so far, I have been unable to sync any todos from this site or the app.

Perhaps a setup guide would be worth dropping in here? Otherwise, your app is great.

The only other thing it needs (until MS grant 3rd party access to contacts/calendars..etc..) is a live tile which shows the next todo based on priority/deadline.

Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.