ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsAnnouncing Ultimate To-Do List for Android

Announcing Ultimate To-Do List for Android
dnicholson

Posted: Nov 02, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
Today, our company is pleased to announce the release of Ultimate To-Do List, version 1.0. Ultimate To-Do List (UTL) is a professional to-do list and note manager for Android smartphones. One of the goals of UTL is to provide support for Toodledo features that are hard to find in other Toodledo Android apps. These include:

- Goals
- The notebook
- Advanced repeating patterns
- Expected length field
- Actual length / timer functionality
- Due date modifiers (optional and exact date)

UTL supports all of Toodledo's functions, with the exception of locations and goal notes.

Other key features include:

- Multiple account support
- Filter your list on any task field
- Up to 3 levels of sorting (on any task field)
- Configure which fields display in your task list
- Saved searches and custom views of your tasks
- Optional nagging alarms remind you again if you don't hear the sound or feel the vibration
- Custom ringtones and vibrate patterns
- Snooze function for alarms
- Subtask support without a pro account. (To sync subtasks, you will need a pro account, however.)
- Home screen widgets

Ultimate To-Do List is available on the Android market as a 14 day free trial. After the trial, you can purchase a license for $5.

Our web site, http://www.ToDoList.co, offers additional information, including a comparison chart of the more popular to-do list Android apps.

On this site, you will also find a link to our discussion forum, where you can request and vote for new features.

This message was edited Nov 02, 2010.
sergeev.maxim

Posted: Nov 07, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Best for Android + Toodledo!
MaureenH

Posted: Nov 20, 2010
I purchasd this app for my DROID Incredible and am very happy with it. Functions like the web site and they have already issued an upgrade. Would recommend.
AJS

Posted: Nov 21, 2010
Downloaded the trial version and I think I'll probably pay for this. Syncs absolutely everything even the Notes field which is key as I often need to produce certain information on the go and this is a very quick way of getting to it.
gtd

Posted: Nov 22, 2010
Just what I needed, to replace a dying got to do.

The only so called problem I see, is that there is no black background look, its just a white one.
dnicholson

Posted: Nov 24, 2010
We chose dark text on a white background because it is easier to read when outdoors in bright sunlight. We have had a few requests to also support a black background, since it saves power on devices that use AMOLED screens. I expect this to be implemented as an option in early 2011.
sts.alfasolar

Posted: Nov 25, 2010
Hey. I would like to know how I can set up ultimate todo that it always displays subtasks too. If I choose list by status / next actions I want to see all actions that are flagged as next action including the subtasks. They are counted but do not appear.
Tasks that slip under my radar for reasons like this are dealbreakers...
dnicholson

Posted: Nov 26, 2010
Most likely, subtasks are set to display indented and the parent is filtered out of the list. To show the missing subtasks, press Menu -> Display Options and choose the option to display subtasks as "not indented".
AJS

Posted: Nov 28, 2010
When I set a repeating task with an alarm, the alarm doesn't repeat so I have to reset it manually. Is there a way to get the alarm to repeat with the task as well?
farfromreality

Posted: Nov 28, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Really enjoying this app so far on free trial, plan to buy. :)

Pros:
- Saving your own filtered searches is nice.
- Small screen support is much appreciated
- Widgets with filtered searches are cool

Cons:
- I do gtd brain dumps, so multiple task entry would be nice, for now I am using the website for this
- Buttons should highlight when touched, I have sounds turned off for buttons and I can't tell when my press is registered or not.
- When inside a certain folder / context etc. and adding a task, it would be nice if the add task settings used that value temporarily.
- When I sort by star / due date / start date the important items always show at the bottom of my list, even if I reverse the order...
- The widgets are cool but it would be nice if you could scroll them
typing Post deleted
dnicholson

Posted: Nov 30, 2010
The app is designed to repeat alarms when a task is marked as completed. There is a scenario in which this will not happen though. For example, consider a repeating daily task that is set to repeat from the due date (as opposed to the completion date). If a day is missed and the task is marked as complete after the due date, then the task moves forward according to the repeating pattern, which may place the due date/time for the task in the past. The alarm may also be in the past, resulting in the alarm never appearing on your device. To fix this, adjust the task to repeat from completion date instead of due date.

We just released version 1.1.2 today which fixes the sort order issue with the star. When sorting on star, the starred items now appear before the unstarred items. Date sorting is set up to show the earliest dates first, since they usually represent the tasks that need to be worked on first. However, implementing a reverse sort is on our to-do list. :)

As for the other features requested, we will, as always, implement them based on customer demand. We're keeping track of all of our customer requests and generally implementing the ones with the most votes first.
farfromreality

Posted: Dec 01, 2010
As of the update I'm no longer able to access some of my task lists. The device hangs and I have to force close. Specifically my ALL task list (199 tasks) and a filter I have set up seem to be an issue.

But it DOES sort by star now :P

Update: Seems to happen whenever I tell an area to sort by start date.

Update: Version 1.1.3 fixed it, thanks for the amazingly fast update!

This message was edited Dec 01, 2010.
farfromreality

Posted: Dec 01, 2010
"Date sorting is set up to show the earliest dates first, since they usually represent the tasks that need to be worked on first. However, implementing a reverse sort is on our to-do list. :)"

Does this mean tasks with NO due date come first in sort by due date?
dnicholson

Posted: Dec 09, 2010
Currently, tasks with no due date are sorted at the top of the list, prior to tasks with a due date. We have had some requests to put undated tasks at the end. This will be added as an option in a future release.
Dalker

Posted: Dec 15, 2010
I've tried several solutions to sync toodledo with an android app, and this has been my final choice for now. I appreciate that the developper is very responsive in the app's google group http://groups.google.com/group/ultimate-to-do-list
This is one of the few android apps I actually paid for, and I'm happy to have done so (after using the limited time trial version).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.