ForumsThird-Party Applications2do for iPhone question

2do for iPhone question
Peter

Posted: Nov 21, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Howdy,

I'm considering 2Do for iPhone and was wondering if

(1) Their saved searches allow you to do things like filter for starred as well as due soon (in an "and" fashion to create a sort of hotlist)

(2) It syncs the alarms with toodledo correctly (or will soon) like Appigo's ToDo, or if it uses meta-data in the notes field

(3) If the sync is asynchronous like ToodleDo's iPhone app or modal (like the Appigo ToDo app) and if it can be set to update on edit. This seems like such an obvious feature for any app that syncs, it's not clear to me why they won't all do it.

I'd still like the web app to be functional so I need to respect the fields that exist in ToodleDo as much as possible.

Cheers,
Pete
SRhyse

1- Yes
2- Alarms don't sync. Currently, 2Do's alarms sync with meta data in the notes, but soon that would be hidden somewhere, so they'd sync, but could only be created in 2Do. They 'sync' in Todo because you can set Todo to automatically alert you when a task is due, but even then you have to start thinking about due times as reminders on the Toodledo end if you want that to work. Every due time would have a reminder if you wanted the sync experience.
3- It can sync on opening or closing I think, but not on edit.
Peter

Cool, thanks. And for #1 I actually meant to say "or" for the filters (e.g. "anything starred OR due soon")...not sure if this works too?
SRhyse

Posted: Nov 22, 2010
Posted by Peter:
Cool, thanks. And for #1 I actually meant to say "or" for the filters (e.g. "anything starred OR due soon")...not sure if this works too?

I think you could work it.

The way the saved searches work from the way I've played with them, you can combine 1 date filter (due in x days or due from xDate to yDate), 1 tag set (tagged with x, y, or z, or not having a tag, or having any tag, or having any tag that begins with xyz* using the * wildcard), action parameters (is call, website, email), people (a 2Do only feature, using people from your contacts as tags), by type (task, project, or checklist), and by text in the title. On top of that, there's a focus toggle on any calendar, which you could set to be due in however many days or with a star.

So, combining all that, I think you could set up a calendar for 'due in x days', and it'd show all the tasks within x days. Then within that calendar, if you wanna hit the focus button, it could further refine that to just stars, or high priority, or whatever.

Looking on it now, one of the default focus filters is actually 'due today, tomorrow, or starred.' With that, if you just selected any normal calendar, you could hit the focus button on them to show things due today, tomorrow, or starred, which sounds like what you're looking for, and would save you alot of setup time. If you wanna run that search real quick on all your tasks, just hit the focus button from the all tasks tab. If you wanna do a Frankenstein version of it with specific tasks from multiple calendars, you could setup a saved search calendar and hit focus on that.
Peter

Posted: Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for the detailed reply, it sounds like it'll do it all.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.