ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskUnifier: Multiplatform

TaskUnifier: Multiplatform
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Dec 04, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
Hello,

I have developed a new java-based software called TaskUnifier.
TaskUnifier synchronizes with Toodledo and helps you manage your tasks, contexts, folders & goals.

Java based means portable, so it can be installed on most any operating system.
There are special builds for Windows, Mac and Linux.

It is still a beta version, I have of course tested it but there might be some remaining bugs.

If you want to try it out, go to TaskUnifier.net

Bye,
TaskUnifier

Posted: Dec 06, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
Hi again,

I still havn't received any feedback, but I just want to tell that I have fixed a bug during the connection with Toodledo (the password was sometimes incorrectly crypted).
piyush_soni

Score: 2 Reference
Would it work on Java based mobile phones?
TaskUnifier

Score: 1 Reference
Unfortunately not, because java on these phones is not the same version as the one installed on real computers.
art_spencer

Looks good. A couple of things. I'm getting jumbled text in the General and Folders frames. Not sure why. Looks like two words superimposed on each other.

Second is more of a question - can it be used offline, then changes sent to TD on request instead of continuously synching?

Thanks!
PeterW 

Score: 0 Reference
I had a quick look. Here are my comments:

1. Changing themes causes the text in the left-hand navigation pane to become scrambled. If I exit the application and log back it appears correctly.

2. I need more explanation of the Toodledo sync/completed task settings as they are not clear. The way I set it up, the application is displaying all of my completed tasks which is a lot of data I don't want to see. However I am worried about changing the options without fully understanding them because I don't know if it will wipe out my live Toodledo data. Can you please let me know what each setting does?

Lastly... the UI. I like it but I've been using multi-line mode in Toodledo for quite some time so I am used to and prefer a minimalist interface. Your app's UI is similar to Toodledo's grid mode which I find to be too much information. Obviously this is just a personal preference, so is there a way to remove fields?
TaskUnifier

Posted: Dec 07, 2010
Hi, thanks for the comments.

@art_spencer
I have never seen this bug, I don't really see how it could happen, is it possible to send me a screenshot ?

TaskUnifier isn't synching continously, it only syncs when you click on the synchronize button. So you can use it offline. When you quit the applications everything will be saved on your computer.

@PeterW
1. Yes, I know, changing the theme on the fly sometimes do that.
But there is no real solution, maybe I should put a comment stating that it is only a preview and that you need to restart the app when you have found a nice theme.

2. Of which settings are you speaking about ?
By "the way I set it up" you mean you have configured a high amount of days for the "Keep completed tasks for x days" ?

3. Yes, you can add/remove fields by right clicking on the column. You can of course also reorder the columns
I plan to add a list mode also when I have some time.

This message was edited Dec 07, 2010.
PeterW 

Thanks for your response.

Yes, the settings I would like to know more about are:
1. Keep application task/Keep Toodledo task/Keep last updated task
2. Keep completed tasks for (in days):

I had it set to keep Toodledo tasks for 720 days and of course I have all of my history which I don't want to see. I've tried the other settings and reduced to 2 days but the history remains and won't go away.

What should I set it to?
PeterW 

And after a few syncs, I received an error stating something like "Excessive API Token Requests - user blocked for an hour."
TaskUnifier

Well,

1. Is only to know what to do if you have modified a task in Toodledo and in TaskUnifier.
So, TaskUnifier will keep the application version, keep the toodledo version or keep the last updated one.

2. When you synchronize with Toodledo, TaskUnifier will remove (from your computer only) the tasks that are completed for more than x days.

So if you click synchronize now (with 2 days), only the task completed for less than 2 days will be kept (they won't be removed from Toodledo of course).

For the "Excessive API Token Requests - user blocked for an hour." error, Toodledo limits the number of API requests, 60 requests per minute I think. I will try to see if a can improve that or if there is a bug in my application. (You can still use the web interface, it only blocks the thrid-party application for one hour, sorry).

piyush_soni

With their API 2.0, I remember that they had a way of syncing some 25 tasks by just one operation, which will reduce the need of multiple requests a lot.

Edit: Just found the link for that : http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/8159/0/api-20.html .

PeterW 

OK, thanks for the info.

I reset the days to 2 and synced again but the old tasks remain. It seems once they have been downloaded, they are never removed.

I tried using the button to remove tasks and replace with Toodledo but it doesn't seem to do anything.
TaskUnifier

Posted: Dec 08, 2010
@piyush_soni: Thanks for the info, I'm updating TaskUnifier to use API 2.0

@PeterW: ok, thanks, I will test that again, did you tried the last button in the Toodledo configuration screen, the one which is supposed to remove everything from TaskUnifier and fetch the data from TD again ? (because last time I tested it, it was working well)
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 08, 2010
Yes, I tried that button and it doesn't do anything, at least for me. I am running TU on Win Vista.
jick.nan

Posted: Dec 09, 2010
@TaskUnifier How to compile TU from source code?

I compiled TaskUnifierApi and TaskUnifierExe w/ 'ant' successfully, but TaskUnifierGui failed.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04.
TaskUnifier

Posted: Dec 09, 2010
@jick.nan

1/ API : clean, build, create-jar
2/ GUI : clean, build, create-jar

You should have a jar in TaskUnifierGui/dist/TaskUnifierGui.jar.
Then you simply have to put the lib + resources folder in the same folder as the above jar file.

But if you only want to run it, you can simply download the binaries : TaskUnifier_0.5.2_other.zip
TaskUnifier

Posted: Dec 16, 2010
Hi,

A new version is available :

Version 0.6
- Toodledo API 2.0
- GUI for personal searcher edition
- Added JTattoo themes
- Remove Substance themes (due to some issues)
- Added updates check
- Added help files

You can download it at taskunifier.net
Feedbacks are always welcome
arys

Posted: Dec 25, 2010
Nice desktop client. One bug, though, I encountered right at the beginning:
When you try to sync without having entered E-Mail/Password in the settings, it will launch an error message but still tries to sync - although it should stop syncing. Had to stop it with the Taskmanager.
I used the 0.6.1 version on Windows 7
marhfer

Posted: Dec 26, 2010
Nice app, I spent 2 month find an app like this.
A little bug, I guess, when you try to put a personal search, I had problem with the condition status "freeze" the program. I solved changing the searchers.xml.
Why is not published in tools and sevices?
What about scheduled sync?
Thanks a lot

Ubuntu 10.04
marhfer

Posted: Dec 26, 2010
When try to sync appear a msg: "Error while parsing response" appear after several modifications of task.
Thks
Marcos
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.