ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskUnifier: Multiplatform

TaskUnifier: Multiplatform
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Mar 09, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,

TaskUnifier 2.3.0 has been removed because it contains an quite annoying bug.
Version 2.3.1 is currently being tested and will be released soon.

I prefer via "Log a..." in TU/SourceForge.

Regards,

Ben
SES21

Posted: Mar 20, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Other than the exe file, are the files identical between windows.zip & other.zip? It's quicker to ask you than compare them myself...thanks!
ksinger

Posted: Mar 20, 2012
Downloaded 2.3.1 yesterday - my first use of TaskUnifier. No problems, working great, love it. Obviously syncing with Toodledo since I'm posting here. I am just so excited to have these two programs on my Mac and iPad. I especially love the color on TaskUnifier. That's what makes the program a true standout.

This message was edited Mar 20, 2012.
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Mar 21, 2012
@SES21: yes
@ksinger: Thank you
ejmichel

Posted: Apr 04, 2012
I love task unifier - but am finding a problem with the outlook plugin.

i have 2.3.2 tu and the outlook 2007 plugin.
when i send a task from outlook (an email) to TU
it appears in TU but the program is frozen and the date is 40501 something weird.

help ?

thanks!
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 05, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for the bug report.

Concerning the freeze, it was a stupid bug, it's already fixed and will be release in the next version.

Concerning the date problem, it's an old bug I still havn't found, might be due to the country settings in Outlook, for the moment, you will have to change the year manually.
ben

Posted: Apr 06, 2012
Hi Benjamin,

Been using Task Unifier along with the purchased ToodleDo Sync, works great, thanks for a great application!

In my setup I use a variant of the methodology/layout originally created by Proximo, it best fits how I need to segment my world. With that in mind...

A couple of suggestions / requests:

1) The ability to apply filters to the view. Thus, if I am looking at a paraticular folder, I would like to be able to filter, for example, on context.

2) In the spirit of Android, I would love to see the equivalent of desktop widgets where one could create a "view(s)" of tasks of interest based on a preset filter. A much smaller footprint than the full application. A view filter per desktop object defined would be ideal

3) A quick entry capability from a desktop object and / or command line (for scripting and avoiding the mouse as much as possible efficiency I use Active Words on Windows) ala the Android application ToodleTask. ToodleTask has some basic pre-settings that you define up front: Priority, Due Day (Today, Tomorrow, None) Tags, Folder, and Context. This allows for super efficient task entry and in my case, I have it going to a folder called Inbox for later processing. (truly in the spirit of GTD, no encumbered thinking up front, capture the task, get it off my mind and move on!)

Keep up the great work and thanks for listening!

-Ben

This message was edited Apr 06, 2012.
ben

Posted: Apr 06, 2012
Okay, I discovered "Task Searcher" which accomplishes filtration functionality and addresses item 1.

1 down... :-)

This message was edited Apr 06, 2012.
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 07, 2012
Hi,

3) https://sourceforge.net/projects/taskunifier/files/addons/commandline/

Download tucl.jar
Run it with :
java -jar tucl.jar "quick task"

It works as the quick task field in TaskUnifier window, check the help to know what you can put in the quick task field.

Example
java -jar tucl.jar "My task for tomorrow < tt @MyFolder"

This message was edited Apr 07, 2012.
ben

Posted: Apr 07, 2012
Hi Benjamin,

You rock, thanks for such a fast response, this is perfect!

For those who might try to run this, java.exe was not in my environment path, if the command line does not run as in the example above you will either have to add the path to java.exe to the environment variable path or explicitly reference the path where Java.exe is located.

Was not aware of the quick task entry capability in the application. Really going to have to sit down and read the help file all the way through... :-)

Thanks much!!!
-Ben

This message was edited Apr 07, 2012.
ben

Posted: Apr 11, 2012
Posted by Benjamin Leclerc:
Example
java -jar tucl.jar "My task for tomorrow < tt @Inbox"

Hi Benjamin,

I found what appears to be a bug. In the example above the task ends up in my "Projects" folder and not in the Inbox folder. However, if I remove the < tt then it ends up in the correct folder, Inbox.

Thanks,
-Ben

This message was edited Apr 11, 2012.
robmutsaars

Hi Benjamin, just came across Task Unifier, installed it on my laptop, and it's working great.
This is a great tool !! just what i was looking for !!

Many thanks,

Rob
robmutsaars

Hi Benjamin, allow me to ask a how-to question. Probably a silly question, but let me try anyway.
In the 'next actions' view I would like to have my tasks sorted by 'context' - I know i can click on the 'context' column, but apparently the sort order is not saved.

Is there a way how i can make that a fixed setting ?
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 12, 2012
@ben: Are you sure ? I created a folder Inbox, I copy paste "My task for tomorrow < tt @Inbox" and it works.
Btw, TaskUnifier 2.3.2 will probaby freeze with the command line. It is the same bug as with the Outlook addon reported by ejmichel. I suggest to wait for the new version in 2 days.

@robmutsaars: Double click on a searcher "Next Actions" for example, and edit the settings.
Btw, you can also create you own searchers by clicking on the "+" at the button left of the screen.
robmutsaars

Posted: Apr 13, 2012
Benjamin,
i've got an additional question that i hope you will answer :
* Show count task - i notice two numbers listed there (and i have 'count notes switched off' - i understand that one is for the total number of tasks within that "view" - but what does the other number mean ? (and can i turn it off ?)
Benjamin Leclerc

Number of overdue tasks.
No, for the task either you show both numbers or none.
robmutsaars

Ah ok, overdue tasks i understand...
I noticed something on 2 tasks (both due today). One was listed as overdue and the other was not. It appeared to be that 'due date' also takes the 'due time' into account. For some reason one task had a due time of 09:00am and the other on 14:00pm. So (at 12:00am) one was listed as overdue and the other was not.
Is it intended behavior that the 'due time' is taking into account as well (technically it's correct as the task is due), as I have no clue how i did set the due-time in Toodledo the first place. So if Task Unifier really takes the time into account as well, then i need to be more specific in the 'due time'
Benjamin Leclerc

Settings -> General -> Use start/due time.
If you do not need time, uncheck these options.
If you need time, then you probably have to set it correctly in the task.

If you do not use time, then overdue will only be based on day, not day + time.

By default, when you select a due/start date, the current time is taken.

You can change this with templates (Tasks -> Manage task templates) and assign it as the default template.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2012.
ben

Posted by Benjamin Leclerc:
@ben: Are you sure ? I created a folder Inbox, I copy paste "My task for tomorrow < tt @Inbox" and it works.
Btw, TaskUnifier 2.3.2 will probaby freeze with the command line. It is the same bug as with the Outlook addon reported by ejmichel. I suggest to wait for the new version in 2 days.

Okay, it's working now. I'll chalk this up to user error on my part although I did have a database corruption that required a complete re-sync from ToodleDo, perhaps there was something lurking at the point I tried this. For now command line seems to be working with 2.3.2.

Thanks again for your excellent responsiveness!

-Ben
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 14, 2012
Version 2.4.0 has been released !

- Major:
- Bug fixed: Freeze with Outlook Addon
- BF 3516376: Model update date not always set
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.