ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsAppigo Todo Metadata

Appigo Todo Metadata
learned

Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I'm just starting to test Appigo Todo against Toodledo, and noticed that Todo seems to use the note field for metadata with regard to projects. For example, every project has the following in the note field.

---- Task Type: Project ----
---- End Task Type ----

If I remove it, it is no longer a project. Does anyone have further information of the rules of this metadata?
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Appigo's checklist does the same thing. It's never been a problem for me as I never put any other notes in a parent task. If I have notes they are in sub-tasks.
kbaturytski

Posted: Feb 09, 2011
It is a problem for me, though. Now as I more rely on subtasking and finally figured out the scheme that works for me, browsing through my items is sometimes painful due to this clutter.

Moreover, in absence of this metadata Appigo Todo doesn't seem to correctly recognize the item as project even though it has subtasks. I mean, when you create a project entirely online, this won't be synced correctly.

And this is a real pain.

I can't drop Appigo todo however, because I'm addicted to their slick iPad interface.

This message was edited Feb 09, 2011.
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 09, 2011
I guess you could contact Appigo to discuss - they're generally quite responsive and have a Google discussion group.

I have a recollection that Toodledo was planning on adding some additional hidden fields to enable third-party apps to store information. In fact he may have already done this, so maybe Appigo could use this to store their metadata.
Andrew A

Posted: Feb 10, 2011
didn't the new api create a mechanism to store meta data just for this sort of thing?
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 10, 2011
I can't remember, but I don't think Appigo are using the new API yet.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.