Legend

Forum

Unread topics or posts

Topic

Unread posts

Locked

Announcement

Search

Search results for "Posted by OmniSwift"



AuthorMessage
OmniSwift

Posted: Jan 09, 2013
From Topic: Sharing Improvements



To make best use of sharing, maybe a "Family" discount plan can be offered to your annual "PRO" subscription. A family of 5 would cost $75/yr. To be honest, the sharing functionality is still somewhat cumbersome (can just use several free accounts and opt out on sharing); therefore, I don't consider it worth that "recurring" price. My suggestion would be MOM/DAD pay ($30/yr), kids are free. If false business "families" started to abuse the system, a tiered pricing system would help out (ie 1-5 kids free, 6-10 +$15/yr, etc...). Or if you don't want to even call it family, do a "group" discount (1:$15, 2-5:$30, 6-10:$45, etc....).

This message was edited Jan 09, 2013.
OmniSwift

Posted: Dec 05, 2010
From Topic: API 2.0



2.0 is only Too Cool! Kudos!
OmniSwift

Posted: Sep 23, 2010
From Topic: Rate limiting



I understand the need for rate limiting.
However, 120 updates/hour is a bit tight of a pinch to get around.
When I get to work, I script the workload of a 7X24 manufacturing plant to parse potentially hundreds of differnt products I might have to work on that night. Each "potential" item is updated with what occurs during the other shifts.
I then use this "to-do" list to prioritize and accomplish my shift's assignments.
I've optomized my parser to dropping things down to sub-200 items, and am trying for the 120 target, but it is cumbersome.
In a "shared-resource" manufacturing environment, I don't have the luxury to background task/que the updates throughout the day. My resources are only available to me once my shift starts, and I need the "results" in the first 10 minutes of my shift.

If your servers can take it, bumping up to 200/hour would really help out.

Also, I thought the rate limiting was only to the API usage. I found that when I exceeded the rate limit, even the Toodledo website locked me out from adding tasks manually. (I know, I could be a bot trying to mass slam your website with add requests, but I'm not...really).

Most of my needs are with "adding" new tasks instead of syncronization. Maybe an API call for multiple item adds similar to your "batch" add already available in the website. (by the way, my solution may be to "bot" the batch add if I can't find a way to do it via an API or automatically reducing my "to-do"s)
OmniSwift

Posted: Aug 30, 2010



Got it figured out. At some point I cut and pasted a value from a "watch" list and didn't notice the watch list "upper cased" the parameter. I caught it when I bounced the MD5 hash return against a "web" MD5 conversion utility.

Anyway, sorry about the headspace. Thanks for the reply.
OmniSwift

Posted: Aug 30, 2010



Posted by Toodledo:
Can you please post your code?


I'm using Macroscheduler script.

LibFunc>Hashlib,StringMD5,r,%password%,buf
Midstr>r_2,1,r,hpw
LibFunc>Hashlib,StringMD5,r,%hpw%%token%%UID%,buf
Midstr>r_2,1,r,key
MessageModal>Hash: %key%


password is variable for my password.
If I set my password to "test" (in my code to test it), the Hashlib returns "098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6" for variable hpw. This is correct per the Authintication Help page. Therefore, it appears my hasher is working correctly for my password.

I then hash the concatinate of the hashed 32 password | the returned token | my unique id. I tried entering this info directly (no variables) into my hasher, but it still comes up with something different than the "calculate key" test button.

I didn't want to devulge my unique ID or password in the forum. So I ommited the saving of this info into variables within my code.
OmniSwift

Posted: Aug 29, 2010



I'm having problems authenticating. My "Final" key is never the same as the key calculated with the "calculate key" using the provided token.

I tested my MD5 parser. I got the correct 32 character hash for the "test" input.

I then parsed my password into the MD5 32 character hash.

I then requested a token and got one.

I entered the token into the "calculate key" token area to get a test key response.

Then, into my MD5 hasher, I requested a has for:

HASHED 32 CHAR PASSWORD, immediatly (ie no spaces or characters) followed by the RECEIVED TOKEN, immediatly followed by my UNIQUEUSERID

I get a 32 character MD5 hash sequence, but it is not the same as the tested "calculate key" key provided by the toodledo website.