ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by boydston01"
boydston01

Posted Aug 14, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 0
Yeah, I've found RTM to be stellar. For me, the custom lists are even better than Toodledo.

Anyway, Toodledo served me so well for soooo many years, I'll keep an eye on it for a few years. If it ever recovers from this fatal wound AND if I have a reason to switch back, Toodledo will have my interest!
boydston01

Posted Dec 05, 2019 in: Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
For me, this is too little, too late. I am bailing on Toodledo but I hope them the absolute best!
boydston01

Posted Dec 05, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 2
Well, after many years with Toodledo, I am moving to Remember the Milk.

A bit of an over-simplistic comparison:
RTM is extremely similar to Toodledo (with most differences in the UI, not functionality) with the giant pro of RTM providing drag and drop sorting.

For me, drag and drop was the only feature really missing from Toodledo (ignoring broader level integration features like gcal 2-way sync).

Definitely check out RTM for very similar functionality to Toodledo.

Farewell, Toodledo. I’ll miss you.
boydston01

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Anant, can you give us an update?
Score: 1
My confidence in Toodledo just keeps dropping slowly...

This message was edited Aug 23, 2019.
boydston01

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
Posted by kkmoud:
I can only synch one way given that I followed all their steps.

I create a task in my Toodledo app on Iphone and that shows up on my google calendar.

I create a task in my google calendar( I choose Toodleo calendar in gcal) and even after waiting for more than an hour, the new tasks do not show up in my Toodledo app on my iphone.

what am I not doing right?
I submitted a ticket a month ago about changes from gcal not syncing back to toodledo—this sounds like the same issue. They verified the problem and said they are working on it. I have pretty much given up on the feature because, even if it works, it is supposed to be really slow.
boydston01

And if you only have a handful, the numbering makes it easier to know which number key to press for that list!
boydston01

Posted Aug 05, 2019 in: What has changed in the last year?
The completed section of the feature request roadmap gives some info: https://roadmap.toodledo.com

Though, the completion of some items is dubious. Like "Google calendar 2-way sync" is very far from immediate syncing (which renders it useless for me)... AND the syncing is buggy (which render it useless for everyone).
boydston01

Can you imagine going into a store and only getting to see the prices after you've signed up for their membership program?! This is a little detail that is very worrisome to me.
boydston01

Posted Jul 19, 2019 in: Google Calendar Sync is 1 day incorrect
Actually, I am seeing serious syncing problems: events from calendar do not sync to toodledo, completions from toodledo do not sync to calendar, and who knows what else...

This is not a completed feature.
boydston01

Posted by Duo:
Posted by Larry2:

To see the subscription prices when logged out it now looks like you have to:

1) Click on one of the links at the bottom of the page
CONTACT
BLOG
CAREERS
PRESS
PRIVACY
TERMS
HELP
FORUMS

(not DEVELOPERS)

2) Then select a link from the top of the page
Products
Features
Platforms

3) Then scroll down to the bottom of the page where you can select the Subscriptions link and go to that page

LOL! That is hilarious! And impressive!
boydston01

Posted Jul 18, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Posted by Ummagumma:
Which to me, means that the only task attributes I use are Subject, Due Date, Alert, and Notes. These exist in pretty much every task management software.

The rest is all handled via plain text labels, filters, and sorting.

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
boydston01

Posted Jul 18, 2019 in: Google Calendar Sync is 1 day incorrect
Well, mine are the same dates, so at least we know it does work.

For you, when you add an event to the toodledo calendar in gcal, does it sync back to toodledo? That's not happening for me.
boydston01

Posted Jul 18, 2019 in: Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
@Anant G.
Is the sync still supposed to be 15 minutes?
boydston01

Thanks, Larry2.

Well, at least the price is no longer TRIPLE! The early iterations had the gold equivalent subscription at $90/year. That was beyond absurd. Now, it's just absurd.

For me, one of the big new features is two-way sync with Google calendar. EXCEPT, it is unusable because it does not sync instantly (or anywhere close to instantly). For me, the point of calendar sync is to check todo dates in relation to events, make adjustments, then go back to toodledo and start working off those adjustments. Oh well...
boydston01

Related: as far as I can tell, prices and features are not even accessible from the webpage.
boydston01

Posted Apr 26, 2019 in: Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
Purveyor, yes, all dated tasks sync with no other filtering. I am unsure how start and due might be handled differently, though.

Also, support told me that they are looking to bring the interval down to 1 minute or even 30 seconds. If that happens, that should work for me.
boydston01

Posted Apr 26, 2019 in: Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
Yeah, as Anant posted, they finished it. At first, it was not working for me—there was a technical glitch. They got it working.

I am very happy about the progress, but at 15-minute sync intervals, it is not useful to me.
boydston01

Posted Apr 24, 2019 in: Toodledo Feature Requests Update
Posted by M:
I visit the Feature Requests page, after a long absence from my Toodledo account, and try to log in to comment on a feature -- and cannot. The page says "Redirecting to Toodledo Roadmap" when I click the sign in button, but it never signs me in (I'm already logged into TD) and it gives me no place where I can enter my sign in info.

I need to ask for an anticipated delivery date on a new IOS app, before I close my TD account and switch to TickTick.

same
boydston01

Posted Apr 24, 2019 in: Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
Nobody is using 2-way sync?!
boydston01

I accomplish a similar result by using start dates and a saved search that grabs all dated tasks. I only use due date when a task has a real due date. One of the biggest benefits for me is scheduling tasks in the future that show up at the top of my list on their start date. For real due dates in the future, the start date will be maybe 1 week prior.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next