ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Bernd73"
Bernd73

Posted Oct 20, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 2
  • Bernd73
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2018
  • Score: 2
This is in my opinion the beginning of the death of toodledo. Not only the pricing increase but also cutting the sync for free users with third apps is not acceptable. I loved using toodledo but I will leave if this goes live. RIP.
Bernd73

Score: 0
  • Bernd73
  • Posted: Dec 28, 2011
  • Score: 0
Hi,

iam new to GTD. Currently iam just finished with reading Davids book.

When i plan a project which Status has a task which follows the next action task? Is it Waiting? David dont tells anything about it. And which status do you set when you have a task which is only there because of a container and holding subtasks?
Bernd73

Posted Dec 16, 2011 in: Workflow for Archiving things
  • Bernd73
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2011
Since iam new to toodledo I don't know all tricks which toodledo offers. Maybe there is another possibility to archive such things. For example I could imagine that there is an automated way to get tasks with notes in the notebook. I just wanted to ask for your workflow and how you handle things.
Bernd73

Posted Dec 16, 2011 in: Workflow for Archiving things
  • Bernd73
Hi,

i like it to comment my tasks before i check them off. This is to remember to things i have done to complete the task.

Nevertheless, although iam able to archive tasks or better say folders, the checked off task is removed anyway from toodledos server after 2 years. Is there a better way/workflow to archive tasks?
Bernd73

Posted Dec 16, 2011 in: Synching Subtasks with Parents settings
  • Bernd73
Thats a workaround. Thank you for that. Very useful, nevertheless, i hope that Toodledo will implement an adequate multi-editing out of the box.
Bernd73

Posted Dec 15, 2011 in: Synching Subtasks with Parents settings
  • Bernd73
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2011
Ah OK, thanks for this information. Folder is important not the only problem beside from your great workaround but eg when all my subtasks due on the same day it would be very convenient to change just the date of the Parent.

Oh, another workaround pops up in my mind: what about a quick search and perform a multi edit?? I will give it a try...
Bernd73

Posted Dec 15, 2011 in: Synching Subtasks with Parents settings
  • Bernd73
Hi,

when i e.g. do some brain storming and put all tasks in my "To Be Processed" folder, i want to organize in a second step all the tasks. Often i put subtasks to a main task and want to have all subtasks using the same folder as the main task. Therefore I need a kind of sync feature whenever an attribute on the main task is changed that all subtasks also changes autoamtically this attribute.

Is this possible or any workaround? Thanks for helping
Bernd73

Posted Dec 15, 2011 in: Buying Pro Version
  • Bernd73
Oh-oh,

i have did it and upgraded to Pro and i haven't regret it so far.

The more i use toodledo the more i like it. There are some things which iam missing here and then but this is propably since i have to get more familar with the system.

ByeBye RTM.
Bernd73

Posted Dec 14, 2011 in: Buying Pro Version
  • Bernd73
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2011
Hmmm, from that point of view you are totally right.

Propably the subscription is prolonged on a yearly basis when you pay exactly the 14.95$:

This is a copy from the webpage:
Each purchase is good for a 1 year subscription to a Pro Subscription. Multiple purchases will extend your expiration date by 1 year for each additional purchase.

One is able to pay more so one can buy subsciption for the next years if he wants.

Furthermore the website says:
"This is a one time charge. You will not be automatically charged again when your subscription expires."

Iam wondering, what happens to my all my subtasks, when the subscription ends?
Bernd73

Posted Dec 14, 2011 in: Buying Pro Version
  • Bernd73
Hi,

Toodledo looks really pretty impressive. Especially the support here in the Forums is excellent and way better than RTM.

I will try the free versions some more time and propably buy a Pro Account when some improvements to the gapps-gadget is done. Just a question to the price of the Pro version:

You write on the webpage to the free version:
"The basic Toodledo account is totally free (always will be)"

Hows about the price of the Pro version: 15 Bucks are fair but hows about the price in the future? When i subsribe now will it ever be fixed to 15 $ for me? So does the supscription now fixes the price for ever?
Bernd73

Posted Dec 14, 2011 in: Setting Alarm Defaulty
  • Bernd73
PeterW, thanks for the link. I have searched those account settings already yesterday, but have not seen this option. Sometimes its a good idea to have a break and start searching again.

And: That i dont forget searching after the break I can set a toodledo-Task :-)
Bernd73

Posted Dec 13, 2011 in: Setting Alarm Defaulty
  • Bernd73
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2011
Is it possible to set an Default Alarm so that i dont need to check it manually?
Bernd73

• Bernd73
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2011
Thanks for the quick answer. I would really appreciate if you could hold also the gadgets UI fresh. Updates are really a great thing on earth.

I made two screenshots regarding "well-arranged by days". The due-date sorting thing which if offered by toodledo just shows a common "Today, Tomorrow, ..." list and it needs another click to see the task behing this entry.

http://picturepush.com/public/7148538
http://picturepush.com/public/7148547

I found another differences in planning tasks with this gadget: In RTM i can schedule a task by writing "Heute" instead of today, which is the german translation. This is also valid for tomorrow (in german: morgen) and every single weekday.

This is a convenient feature. Both, the english and the german translation is accepted by RTM.

That said, there are some other great gadget implementations i would like to see in toodledos gadget:

1) specifying the time in 24 hours scheme. E.g. i can just write 21 and it assumes 9 pm. If i would write 9 it assumes 9 am.
2) specifying just the time and omitting the date: Very helpful, since a lot of tasks are in the next 24 hours: Lets say current time is 9am oclock and i want to schedule a task for tomorrow at 7am. In RTM gadget i need just to write 7 and it automatically fills out the date with the next possible 7am time which is tomorrow.
3) When i finished scheduling a task in toodledo gadget it dont jumps to my preferred list view i set in settings. Instead it shows the detailed page of the task i just finished scheduling. Since i have just planned it i dont want to see the details of this task (which is indeed no more information as in the list itself (see my first post) but want to see the main list again.

What do you think - is there a chance of a similar toodledo implementation?

This message was edited Dec 13, 2011.
Bernd73

• Bernd73
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2011
Hi,
at the moment iam using Remember the Milk as my primary task management tool. Nevertheless, RTM is rarely supported by Android tools.

Therefore iam looking for an alternative app. What i really like and often use is the igoogle gadget. RTM offers similarly to Toodledo such a gadget but RTM has two gimmicks i want to discuss with you - maybe it is also possible to tweak Toodledos gadget a bit:

RTM shows all tasks well-arranged by days. Each day divides a new group of tasks and this is very handy. Is this also possible with Toodledos gadget? I have not found a setting but maybe i can tweak a XML or something like that.

Furthermore RTM offers (tied to each task) a little drop down menu where one can select one of three entries: 1) completed, 2) Edit and 3) Postpone by 24 hours.
OK, toodledo offers also 1) by marking the checkbox with just one click. RTM needs two (one to pull drop down and one to select completed) and it offers also 2) by selecting the task and press edit.

Here i dont understand why i have to press edit but the gadget dont changes directly to the edit menu. By clicking the task from the task list one gets another display of the task but there is no more information in it. IMO this detailed view which indeed dont shows any more detail is useless. So Toodeldo is not better than RTM by needind two clicks.

Toodledo dont offers 3) - a postpone feature but instead one has to edit the task and need much more clicks than RTM. This is a very handy feature and i want to ask you if you could implement such a feature.

What do you think?
Bernd73

Posted Jun 07, 2011 in: Setting Due Time
  • Bernd73
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2011
Hi,

iam used to use Milk as task management database. Iam used to specify due date and due time. Is this not possible with toodledo?
Bernd73

Posted Oct 25, 2010 in: Deferring a task by one day
Score: 1
  • Bernd73
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2010
  • Score: 1
Hi,

i work with RTM at the moment and consider to change task management.

Most RTM third party tools offer the possibility to defer (delay) a task by one day with a menu selection.

Is this also possible with Toodledo? I have not found it, e.g. in the chrome extension nor in the igoogle extension.