ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Steve

Posted Dec 02, 2010 in: Priorities vs Statuses
Score: 0
  • Steve
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2010
  • Score: 0
Thanks all. Obviously people use the features differently - it's good to see what works and what doesn't.
Steve

Posted Nov 25, 2010 in: Procrastination help
  • Steve
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2010
I bought a book on procrastination once.

The punchline to this should be that I never got around to reading it, but actually I lost it while travelling.
Steve

Posted Nov 25, 2010 in: Postponed vs Hold
Score: 1
  • Steve
  • Score: 1
Can anyone explain to me how they distinguish between "postponed" and "hold" statuses? Both sound like "don't do this at the moment".

Also, does anyone have a good way of indicating the distinction between tasks that you've started, and those you haven't? I often have something like 5-10 tasks swimming around that I could be working on, but if I have the choice, I'd rather work on something that's started (and get it finished), than start something new. I've been putting all of these in Active, and the one or two that I expect to work on today as Next Action...but maybe there's a better way.
Steve

Posted Nov 25, 2010 in: [Userstyle] Toodledo sleek v1.0
  • Steve
Hello. Why not distribute this as a userstyle on userstyles.org, rather than a Chrome extension? If it's just a CSS file, I'm kind of reluctant to install a whole extension (with all the power that they have). I'd like to try it though.
Steve

Posted Nov 23, 2010 in: Toodledo clear
  • Steve
  • Posted: Nov 23, 2010
I like the basic style, but way too much wasted space on the left and right. The former is easy to fix with a #main.front { left: 0px; }, but any ideas for the latter?
Steve

Posted Nov 23, 2010 in: Priorities vs Statuses
  • Steve
Do most people here use *either* priorities *or* statuses, but not both? I'm curious. Or do you use the priorities to work out which one of a number of possible "active" tasks you make your "next action" task?
Steve

Posted Nov 23, 2010 in: Suggestion: hide the redundant column
  • Steve
>If the context column was hidden when viewing a context, then it wouldn't be possible to move a task to a different context.

Interesting point. But:
1) For me, at least, that use case would never happen. A work task becoming a home task? Impossible.
2) It could still show up in the "multi-line" view.
3) This setting could be changed through a flag, so in the rare event of wanting to change a context, you could switch the flag, move it, then switch it back.

Btw, PeterW, I do sometimes use the multi-line view. Each view has its own benefits.

Steve
Steve

Posted Nov 22, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • Steve
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2010
  • Score: -1
What I don't get is why Toodledo don't simply integrate the many third-party CSS files as skins. Obviously, with permission of the authors. Very easy to implement, instant results, then keep working on long term usability improvements.
Steve

Posted Nov 22, 2010 in: Suggestion: hide the redundant column
  • Steve
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2010
Most of the time, there is one redundant column. If your main view is "Contexts", and you've selected "home" as your context, then there's no point showing the Context column: every single task will have "home". The same goes for folder, and probably lots of other things.

What's particularly weird/annoying is that if you try and hide that column, you actually lose the functionality: if you hide the Context column, then you can't even filter by Context.

Seems like a pretty easy fix.