• Posted: Mar 29, 2020
  • Score: 0
Clare_3

Score: 0
  • Clare_3
Posting link again, in the hope it isn't split this time:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26915/0/filtering-in-web-ui-wrongly-shows-tasks-that-start-tomorro w.html
Clare_3

• Clare_3
The exact issue that I recorded last year has occurred again this year:

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26915/0/filtering-in-web-ui-wrongly-shows-tasks-that-start-tomorro w.html

That thread is closed for comments, hence I'm starting a new one this year.

This year I also removed all the tasks.toodledo.com cookies and reloaded... problem still occurred...

I know that time-zones are famously hard - but still, they are quite important when managing date and time-based data, I feel...
Clare_3

• Clare_3
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2019
Sure. On the iPhone app:

1. Go to the Settings (inside Toodledo app)
2. Tap on "Fields & Defaults"
3. Tap on "Start Date"
4. Tap on "Today"

That should do it.

(On my iPhone, I do this but for "Due Date", and it definitely works)

Clare
Clare_3

Score: 1
  • Clare_3
  • Posted: Jun 18, 2019
  • Score: 1
I've seen this twice now in the Web Interface, and this second time it just cost me half an hour to undo the broken edits.

I haven't found out the pre-conditions to make it happen, unfortunately, and can't risk triggering it again... But it's serious enough that I'm reporting it without a full repro.

Using 'L' to select tasks, I selected about 4 tasks. None were sub-tasks, as far as I could tell.

I changed the start-date to 29 June, and when the screen was refreshed after applying the edit, I found that dozens of other un-selected tasks had had their start-date changed.

(I do understand that 'L' selects all sub-tasks in a task - but lots of unrelated tasks were changed, so I am confident it is not solely due to selection of related sub-tasks)

I'd backed up the tasks earlier today, but changed lots of other things since - so it was a very tedious task to use a programming differencing tool to identify all the incorrectly changed tasks, and manually revert back their start dates.
Clare_3

Posted Jun 18, 2019 in: Dangerous Bug
Score: 2
  • Clare_3
  • Posted: Jun 18, 2019
  • Score: 2
I just noticed this today. It happened to me in the last week.

I have a pair of weekly tasks with almost identical data, and today only one of them showed up.

After some searching, I found that the missing one was marked as complete last week, and still had its "Recurring" property - and no new task had been created.

I use the website, and iOS client (on iPhone and iPad).
Clare_3

• Clare_3
  • Posted: Apr 01, 2019
Just to confirm apois' reply, yes it's fine now, so I didn't check in the legacy UI.

I hope this isn't dismissed by the developers, though, as "works now" - and that it actually is investigated... As a developer, I could understand if it was off-by-one for an hour or two either side of the moment the clocks change - but I'm struggling to see how a 1-hour time-change could make code off-by-one-day for a whole day.
Clare_3

• Clare_3
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2019
Attempt at a smaller screenshot image so that the start-dates are visible:

Clare_3

• Clare_3
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2019
Throughout today, the filtering in Toodledo's web UI has been showing tasks that start tomorrow, even though I have "In the Future" turned off.

Here are some screen-shots to show the problem:

The bug: Tasks that start tomorrow are shown already in "Starts Today":

[screenshot deleted as it was too wide - please see image in reply below]

The Toodledo Filter options - note that "In the Future" is turned off:

The date and time on the PC - note that the clocks changed in the UK - moving forward an hour:

I have verified this happens in both Firefox and Vivaldi.

The iOS app is filtering correctly, i.e. not showing tasks which start tomorrow.

This message was edited Mar 31, 2019.
Clare_3

• Clare_3
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2019
Understood, and thank you for the reply!
Clare_3

• Clare_3
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2019
For the record, this broke my Toodledo backup process, which uses a version-control system to save the latest versions of files downloaded from Toodledo.

Because two of the filenames are now different each day, I had to change the script to remove the now-added date from the files that used to be called toodledo_completed.csv and toodledo_current.csv.

https://twitter.com/ClareMacraeUK/status/1104137042420744193

Bit disappointed not to have had the courtesy of a reply to my Tweet.
Clare_3

Posted Jul 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 6
  • Clare_3
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2018
  • Score: 6
May we know Ramon, Sam and Anan's surnames please? It all feels quite anonymous at the moment. Am curious also as to why no intro to Anan above?
Clare_3

• Clare_3
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2017
I have finally narrowed this down and posted a support ticket for this - https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php?view=67249

I was wrong in my description above - the problem is showing in the new interface...

I believe I've worked out what the problem is:

When today's date 2017-07-30, any task Due on 2017-08-30 or further ahead, i.e. due one month or more ahead, is considered to be a Future Task, and is only shown if "Show ... In the Future" is ON...

This is causing a bunch of my tasks and sub-tasks to not be displayed - and if I turn on "Show ... In the Future", I see a couple of hundred extra tasks that I'm not interested in...
Clare_3

Score: 1
  • Clare_3
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2017
  • Score: 1
In the old web UI, when you did "Add Multiple" for either tasks or sub-tasks, you got a multi-line text box, and if you pasted in multiple lines, each line became a new task/sub-task.

This was really useful in lots of different scenarios, such as generating the text for sub-tasks from an Excel spreadsheet, or from a programmers editor...

In the new web UI, as far as I can see, you have to 'Press "Return" on each line to add it - if you paste in multi-line text, the newlines are removed, and all the text goes into a single new Task/Sub-task.

Is there a way to past in muti-line text into "Add Multiple" in the new UI that I've missed?

If not, please can the feature be re-instated?

Thanks

Clare
Clare_3

• Clare_3
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2017
PS I did do Ctrl+F5 to make sure I had the latest code.

Browser = Firefox 53.0.3
Clare_3

• Clare_3
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2017
I have just used "Add Task"->"Add Multiple Tasks" in the current web interface, i.e.

https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php#main

The tasks I added all have:

Start Date = Today
Due Date = 11 July
Repeat = Bimonthly

They all view fine with "In the Future" set to Hidden:

1. The new UI, i.e. https://tasks.toodledo.com/folders/ .....
2. The iPad app

However, they are hidden with "In the Future" set to Hidden in the current UI, i.e. https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php#folder

They are clearly not in the future - they start on today's date.

This is a serious bug - tasks which need to be done are hidden.
Clare_3

• Clare_3
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2014
Posted by alexandremrj_13881...:
You can always click on the button "Show details", on the right of the sorting buttons (little page button) that collapses or expands all notes.

D'oh. That did the trick - thanks! I had no idea that button existed, but I must have clicked it by accident.

Problem solved.

Clare
Clare_3

• Clare_3
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2014
Has something changed in the Search views, in the web interface, to make task Notes always be expanded?

A bunch of my repeating tasks have 5-20 lines of notes, which means I can only see 4 or 5 tasks per screenful now, making it highly unusable.

This doesn't happen in the other views (Main, Folder etc)

How can I get back the old, compressed view, please?

(I tried clicking on the little icons to collapse the notes, but it's not viable when you've got dozens of tasks displayed.)

Reproducible in:
Browser: Firefox 26.0

Browser: LastPass Browser
Clare_3

Posted Oct 08, 2013 in: iOS app - big slow-down with v. 3.1.1
  • Clare_3
  • Posted: Oct 08, 2013
Jake, thanks for looking at this.

Is there any progress please - or idea when we might get some news on this, please? I'm really struggling with the big slow down on both iPad 3 and iPhone 4...

Or anything any of us users can do to aid in troubleshooting?
Clare_3

Posted Sep 24, 2013 in: iOS app - big slow-down with v. 3.1.1
  • Clare_3
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2013
I am using v3.2.0 (3336) on iPhone 4, upgraded to iOS7, and Toodledo has become pretty unusable now, it's so slow, in these areas:

1. In my All Tasks - where the view says 89/245, the scrolling now feels very unresponsive.

1a) Specifically, when I first load this view, it takes 1 or 2 secs to respond to a drag

1b) And when it does then respond to drag, the scrolling feels much slow than it used to - as though there is much more inertia.

2. When editing task properties, when I click on "CONTEXT", it often takes 4 or 5 seconds to display my 15-or-so contexts. Sometimes it takes so long, I think I missed, so I click a second time - after which the list appears and then disappears again. So I have to click it a 3rd time.

3. The same applies to other properties too...

It doesn't feel quite so bad on an iPad 3rd gen - but this again feels noticeably slower than before iOS 7.

I have 27 saved searches (though I'm unsure how the number of saved searches would affect the editing of tasks)

Clare