Thank you!
MikeKDidIt

Posted Aug 13, 2009 in: Cutting back on free support tickets
Score: 0
Perfectly reasonable
MikeKDidIt

Posted Aug 13, 2009 in: Folder Task count based on @Context
For what it's worth . . . I agree with this request.
MikeKDidIt

Though my comments are not really needed since my sentiments agree with nearly every comment I've read, I wanted to join the lovefest. Let me just say thanks for your candor (it is one of the reasons I am here), thanks for you hard work during the outage (been there done that; definitely not fun), and thanks for being concerned enough about your service to (foolishly, I hope) think that you will be issuing lots of refunds, etc. Let me just say that anyone that asked for a refund or credit due to this should be ashamed. Toodledo is a bargain and I am so sorry for taking you guys for granted. I, too, discovered just how much I rely on Toodledo. I remain a proud fan and a very satisfied Pro Subscriber. Toodledo rules!
MikeKDidIt

Hi!

I have a number of projects that have gone dormant. I want to keep them nicely tucked out of sight until they become active again. The way I would do this in the physical world is to put the folders in a box and put the box into storage. Thus, I don't see the folder(s) until I go get them from the storage area (i.e. the archive).

To do this in Toodledo, I go into Manage Folders, select Archived for the folder I want to archive, then click Save Changes. Sweet - the folder is hidden.

Then, I go to my To Do list, and the folder is still visible. Not sweet. To me, I shouldn't see archived folder anywhere (except Search) unless I reaactivate the folder using Manage Folders. Yes my archived folder still has un-completed tasks. So? I archived the folder because the underlying project is on hold for the forseeable future. When it becomes active, I want to pick back up where I was with my "active" tasks. Just like in the real world, I shouldn't have to complete my work to "archive it". I just want to put it in the archive and get it out of my line of thought. Like the wise GTD master says ... "Mind like water" :)

I can't for the life of me figure out why one would only want the folder name hidden in the Manage Folders view while keeping the name of the archived folder(s) visible in the the Folder view and in the folder picklist, but I suppose it is possible. Nevertheless, would you please be so kind as to add an option for the rest of us that want archived folders to be hidden out if sight?

Thank you!

This message was edited Jun 25, 2009.
MikeKDidIt

Posted Jun 25, 2009 in: Two big updates and 6 little ones
Posted by Toodledo:
Today, we are happy to announce the implementation of two of our most frequently requested suggestions.

Thank you!
MikeKDidIt

Thank you for the recovery and the updates. Much appreciated!
MikeKDidIt

Posted Apr 21, 2009 in: Sort by Star
Thanks! Much appreciated.
MikeKDidIt

In the mean time, I add an extra @@ to the context or context I want first. Example: @@Home, @Computer.

Just passing on the idea.
MikeKDidIt

Posted Mar 08, 2009 in: Slightly faster searching
Thank you!
MikeKDidIt

Thanks guys!
MikeKDidIt

Posted Mar 03, 2009 in: add multiple tasks via email
I would like to second this request. I never seem to think of just one task at once :)
MikeKDidIt

Posted Feb 17, 2009 in: managing projects with sequential tasks
Posted by alexborne:
very interesting discussions here...
Anybody has a progress to share on this subject?

My thought is :
what about putting the sequence number in the task name, then the alphabetic order will show the tasks automatically in sequence ?

I do that a lot. I tend to only number the first 3 so I don't end up with a maintenance issue if I insert a task or shuffle priorities.
MikeKDidIt

Posted Feb 17, 2009 in: Sub Tasks
Jamie,
I think you should contact Toodledo directly on this. Here is the fast way: http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Here is some background information for general reference: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2/0/read-me-first.html)
Mike
MikeKDidIt

I agree that this would be very useful
MikeKDidIt

Posted Feb 14, 2009 in: Link Folder to Context
+1 more for that suggestion.
MikeKDidIt

Score: 3
Posted by amswitzer:
Hi:

New Pro user here. There has just got to be a way to edit multiple tasks at once without having to do a search. The reason I'm asking is at this point, most of the tasks that I would like to edit don't have something in common that I can use to search for to establish the list.

You mean I can't just check a number of tasks and edit one or two fields for all of them at once without the search? Yikes.

Old Pro User Here: For what it's worth, I agree with this suggestion. I understand that it works like it works, but the current user interface wastes my time forcing me to keep refining the search. Often I find that I end up doing manual changes because the best search I can get yields a list where I want to change 90% of the items but not the other 10%. Not fatal; just annoying :)

Mike
p.s. Many applications handle this by using the check mark to say, "please do things to just the tasks I've selected". When I click Complete or Delete or Multi-Edit, just the selected items are altered. Let's be honest, we don't Complete or Delete that many items. I seem to want to use Multi-Edit a lot. Thus, I think this would be a good user interface change.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2009.
MikeKDidIt

Posted Feb 14, 2009 in: Context vs Tags
Score: 4
Hi ge.apple,

There are two big differences to be aware of here in Toodledo:
1) You can filter by Context but not by Tag.
2) Contexts are managed by Toodledo, and Tags are managed by you. By this I mean that Toodledoo has a list of Contexts you can set and rename, but Tags are 100% freeform (no picklist and no way to globally rename a tag).

Context is a GTD concept while Tag is the defacto standard on the web for user-defined categories.

You can assign a tag to a to-do, and Toodledo allows you to view by tag. There isn't a lot more to say about Tags.

There is a lot more to say about Context. I'll give a sneak peek and then you can read a lot more about Contexts in the various GTD books/literature.

The major purpose of Context is to allow you to mark a to do with the name of the context in which you will be when you work the task. If you are at home, why have to look at the to-dos for the office? When you are working in a given context, Toodledo (and other GTD tools) allows you to restrict (filter) viewing to that context.

Some people get creative and use Context for Role or area of interest. It is important to note that Toodledo also allows you to assign a Folder name to each to-do. Think of a folder the way you would a paper filing folder. Example: At work, you might have a folder for projects and for customers.

Toodledo lets you decide what to call your Contexts and Folders. By using contexts and folders wisely, you are able to focus on the things of interest at a given time, and week out the noise of the things that are not in scope. It really doesn't matter as long as you are effective.

Here are a couple of examples of contexts. You could turn some of these into folders if that works best for you. Note that the name of a Context is often prefixed with an "at" sign. For example: @Home, @Office, @Library.

Example #1 - Contexts: @Home, @Office, @Phone, @Computer
Example #2 - Contexts: @Husband, @Dad, @Son, @Brother, @Writer, @Garage, @Basement, @GroceryStore, @Internet, @Printer, @IRSAuditor, @Policeman

Like I said, it all depends on you. The good news is that Toodledo accommodates you regardless of the way you use contexts, tags, and folders.

I hope this helps.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2009.
MikeKDidIt

Posted Feb 09, 2009 in: New "Next Step" Field for Tasks
I just submitted this feature request. Would anyone else find this useful?

I would like to have a new task level field called Next Step. I'd like it to appear right next to the task name in the UI. Next Step allows me to capture what I know are next steps at the Task level. To me this is very GTD compatible ... mind like water ... as it will allow me to summarize the next step at a task level.

Today I use Notes for this. I think Notes are still valuable but having the option (Account Setting) to have a quick note (I don't care what you call it) at the task level would be very useful.
MikeKDidIt

Posted Feb 08, 2009 in: Keep search box available after search!
I second this suggestion.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next