ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
geraldooka

Posted Nov 21, 2016 in: Pocket Informant vs 2do
Score: 0
For a different perspective. I recently stopped using PI (I used in on OSX and IOS) because it seemed buggy on my MacBook Pro, causing crashes and hangups. I ended up using the default Toodledo app for a while (web on the desktop and the IOS apps). Besides the technical issues I was having I found PI simply overkill. I didn't need:

calendar; iCal is great
notes; Apple Notes is great

The problem with the default Toodledo apps I suspect is obvious I simply found them not fun to use so I resisted using them they got the job done but the experience was cumbersome and slow.

I had previously owned 2Do and thought I would give it another go to my very pleasant surprise it GREAT! Does everything I need as a task manager. It seems to offer much more power (buried under a pleasant and simple interface) but as a GTD follower I really only need it to manage lists and it does that really well. The other feature I use is the Smartlists which allow me to create views that group related tasks based on a key word I insert into the title line. One can use the built in functions for Project and sublists and they will sync to Toodledo properly but keeping the system as simple as possible allows one to move their data to any system very easily and not be "held hostage" by any one system (useful when a company goes out of business.)
geraldooka

Posted Jul 16, 2015 in: Waiting for date info not longer kept
Sabina I appreciate the link to the syntax but I have already reviewed that. It doe not answer my question. Adding something like 07/16 to the beginning of the subject line in an email to task message used to work just fine and now doesn't do you know why? What has changed in the system that now prevents this from working? Finally can this be changed back?

Thanks,

Michael
geraldooka

Posted Jul 15, 2015 in: Waiting for date info not longer kept
Hi folks, I used to be able to send a "waiting for" email to TD with the following date format at the beginning of the subject line for example today would be 07/15 TD now seems to delete this has something changed in the email syntax that disallows this? A complete waiting for subject line would like something like this:

07/15 J Doe re Review meeting notes @@Waiting for

Thanks,

Mike
geraldooka

Posted May 14, 2014 in: New Section: Lists
Thanks! That works.
geraldooka

Posted May 14, 2014 in: New Section: Lists
Is it possible to delete an item from a drop down field?
geraldooka

Posted Mar 05, 2013 in: Thank you!
Score: 1
Years ago I signed up with Toodledo and tried it out. Went back to Outlook for my GTD I'm comfier off net... Recent new employment forced me to rely on Activesync with Android, boy has it gotten lame (compared to the old WM days)! No native tasks or notes sync. Toodledo you and Utimate To Do List filled this need so perfectly I am just smitten. Bravo!

Michael