ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
kentyl

Score: 0
  • kentyl
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2011
  • Score: 0
Thank you! After posting I actually investigated a bit further. And I have contexts for Phome, Home, Internet etc now and use tags to divide things into Work and Private. Like you advised!

I use the iCal subscribtion. But I would benefit from having an option to publish a saved search as an iCal subscribtion. By allowing that I could organize my tasks into any number of Google Calendars I see fit.
kentyl

• kentyl
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2011
Hi,

I want view the stuff in my Hotlist, but only for a certain tag. Is it possible? How?
kentyl

• kentyl
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2011
Hi,

I like to have my tasks in my Google Calendar (GC), as it's a nice calendar with a possibility to sync with my Symbian phone using GooSync. I currently use the Event feed to have all my tasks as one calendar in GC.

I am new to Toodledo and the context and tag concepts. But maybe I could have these:

Tag: Work, Private
Context: Phone, Internet, Office, PenAndPaper

I would most of all like to be forced to choose a tag and a context, so that I do not forget it.

Then I would like to setup custom searches which I could import as calendars in Google Calendar. That way I could have two calendars, one for Work and one for my Private tasks. I prefer to have them as two separate calendars as I could easily choose to show only private stuff, or work stuff in Google Calendar.

Is this possible already? What do you think about it? If I can have both my work and private tasks, synced with Google Calendar into two separate calendars. Then I would surely upgrade to pro! (It may even be a benefit of a Pro account.)
kentyl

Posted Jan 17, 2011 in: Apps you use on a daily basis
Score: 2
  • kentyl
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2011
  • Score: 2
• Google Calendar

• Toodledo

http://www.dropbox.com ( Or use http://db.tt/w94Dskn to join and we'll both get 250 MB extra storage. ) to synchronize files between my computers and Android phone.

• KeepassX and KeepassDroid to view/edit my passwords on the desktop and on my Android phone. I have the encrypted password database on DropBox so that I always have it with me. ( Beware of Keepass which has a safer encryption (but I think you can set it to the legacy version somehow, which I think is safe enough), which KeepassX (available on Windows/Mac/Linux) and KeePassDroid can not handle yet. )

https://www.goosync.com to synchronize my Google Calendar with my Nokia N82 phone which runs Symbian. I subscribe to the Event feed from Toodledo to get my tasks into my calendar on the phone. If only Toodledo had a native Symbian applications, sigh.

• Google Docs for documentation.

This message was edited Jan 17, 2011.
kentyl

• kentyl
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2011
Hi,

I just started using Toodledo. It seems quite nice, so far anyway!

At the moment I am only using it for my work tasks. But I would like to have "it all" under one service if it's possible in a convenient way.

Currently I use Folders to group related tasks together. For instance I have one for "Things to read regarding taxes" and another for "Actions to perform during the company start phase". Those are work tasks.

I can see myself having other groups for private things. Like "Apartment Renovation" and "Finish school".

During my work time I'd like to focus on work stuff. Which makes a mix between work and private tasks a bit of a hassle.

How would you suggest I organize my tasks to encompass both private and work related things I need to get done? How do you do it?

Best regards, Kent