ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by stephenmford"
stephenmford

Posted Feb 15, 2014 in: Folder functionality
Score: 0
First, you guys/gals are great and have ruined me over the years with being the best task manager out there but the issue with folders keeps having me try (spend money) on other products which in turn fail me and I eventually come back.

Could we have tags on folders? This way I can have searches for folders related to work, or active projects, or have several folders related to a REALLY big, multi step project.

Or to be able to search in a folder name, I can have WORK or PERSONAL in the name so I can search that.

Thanks,
Stephen
stephenmford

Posted Feb 04, 2010 in: Let me know which tags you are using
Dave,

I have an android phone and the slim webpage has had me go crazy with my tags (in a good way).

If I have something I need to talk with someone about, I put their name as a tag.

When I need something at Publix (it is a grocery store), I put that item as a task and Publix is a tag. Homedepot, target, office, computer, phone, Fry's, Costco, etc, etc....

And until the firefox plugin or slim site handles stars, I put a star in my tag also.

Stephen
stephenmford

Posted Jan 06, 2010 in: Manual Sorting of Subtasks.
Nope. You aren't missing anything. Can't be done yet (I hope I am correct when I say yet).

Since I use subtasks I haven't done it but I've thought about making my folders one giant subtask so I would be able to sort.

Stephen
stephenmford

Posted Nov 14, 2009 in: Manual Sorting of Subtasks.
This is wonderful! I've been a pro member for 2+ years and this has always been a big pain for me to work around.

Stephen
stephenmford

Posted Nov 01, 2009 in: PawnMower's GTD Setup
Thanks for setup and the reminder about energy levels. I really need to add a brain dead level for the end of long days/weeks.

I'm pretty sure just getting something accomplished during those times would bring my energy level up enough to either do another brain dead action or something that requires a little more focus.

Stephen
stephenmford

Posted Sep 13, 2009 in: Initial Capturing
Score: 1
Yes and since I didn't keep up with it, I've had to do it twice and am about to do it a third time again this weekend.

For myself, I manage to have to have 400+ actions/projects but really less then half are actionable (lots of some day maybe's) and seventy five percent of the actionable items could be knocked out in a few put my nose to the grindstone months.

So then I think "I have plenty of time to get all this done" and sit back and let it all fall apart.

But the fourth, the fourth castle stayed up!

Stephen
stephenmford

Posted Aug 29, 2009 in: Nested subtasks and other updates.
Thank you very much.

Now that the server migration is over, it looks like development is back in full swing and I no longer feel the web app is being ignored :-)

Stephen
stephenmford

Posted Aug 25, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
Linden/Proximo,

Thanks very much. The light bulb is starting to glow orange :-)

Stephen
stephenmford

Posted Aug 25, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
Proximo,

Love the videos and system. It isn't so much what you are doing that is insightful, but what you are NOT doing that has helped.

I'm missing one thing. If items under projects are just projects, and the subtasks are really subprojects, and items under actions are just actions, I don't see a way to do a search that will show me actions on one project. It looks like ALL your actions are dumped and mixed into one folder.

I'm thinking tags would be needed to "link" the two together or am I making this too complicated?

Thanks again.
stephenmford

Posted Jun 24, 2009 in: Fixed a bug with searching and subtasks
I'm able to repeat what m.genzel is saying, completed tasks show up after the toggle.

Also, the toggle to drop the tasks under their subtask works great but if I try and return to a "flat" listing by hitting toggle again, the tasks simply disappear. I'll open a ticket and add screen shots.

Stephen
stephenmford

Posted Jun 18, 2009 in: serach and subtasks
Well my ticket says they see the cause of the bug and will work on a fix but I went ahead and uploaded some screen shots.

Stephen
stephenmford

Posted Jun 18, 2009 in: serach and subtasks
Cool, I think, I just reported this bug less than an hour ago.

I'll add screenshots to my ticket.

Stephen
stephenmford

Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone in IT who has designed a major project has gotten bitten by something like this at sometime or another. All the data is back, minus 1 second, so no harm, no foul.

One suggestion would be a colocation. It is all great to have a backup server as a hot standby but if something happens to the datacenter, both servers are down (ask me how I know).

Stephen
stephenmford

Posted Mar 12, 2009 in: Improvement to Subtasks
Any clues or hints on updates to subfolders, like being able to nest them?

Because of toodledo, I've been able to get much more work done, which results in more being tasked to me :-/ Anyway, not being able to nest was a minor issue before, but now that I'm using it for everything.....

Thanks for a great app.
Stephen