ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
louise_1297540325

Posted Nov 16, 2020 in: anyone have trouble cancelling account?
Score: 0
I just cancelled my account as of the end of this year's subscription. I feel a bit queasy about the fact that I got no confirmation email, no notice at all, especially since I've heard of other software where they keep charging you, even after cancelling.

The only proof I have is a tiny little line in my subscription details after I cancelled "Your subscription will be cancelled on Feb 20, 2021, 2:00 AM".

However, when I opened up the software in another tab, clicking "my subscription" just takes me to a page listing the different price levels. There's no information at all about my subscription when I log in now.

Thank goodness I saved a screenshot of that cancellation notification just in case I need proof.

So, is that it? Can I depend on them to be honest about this? Or should I track whether they charge me when the subscription runs out, just in case I need to stop the payment? <sigh...>
louise_1297540325

Posted Jul 18, 2020 in: Toodledo export file corrupted
My point is that they are NOT showing up correctly. The uncompleted tasks are showing up all mixed up with the completed tasks.

What's more --and what's much worse-- instead of 149 misfiled tasks to be manually copied and pasted into the correct folder, I'm getting a couple of THOUSAND tasks to sort, all mixed up with those 149 tasks. I'd have to keep checking in Toodledo, to make sure I'm saving the correct ones.

It does appear that the only way to solve this is to manually move all my tasks, one at a time, from Toodledo to RTM. Doing that for 149 tasks would take less time than I've already spent trying to solve this problem. Certainly much less time than manually editing a couple of thousand tasks.
louise_1297540325

Posted Jul 17, 2020 in: Toodledo export file corrupted
Does this mean i need to manually enter all my valid, uncompleted tasks into RTM?
If so, what's the point of their import option?

It clearly isn't working, and it does look like this is NOT a problem with RTM. Toodledo is having me backup and export tasks that I have wiped completely out of their database.
louise_1297540325

Posted Jul 17, 2020 in: Toodledo export file corrupted
I've been trying to export my Toodledo tasks into Remember the Milk, but the data that shows up in RTM is seriously messed up.

This is clearly a Toodledo problem.

I started out with about a couple of thousand tasks in Toodledo. Spent a couple of weeks painstakingly copying and pasting almost every one of them into Evernote, to protect that data in case Toodledo went south before I managed to switch.

I reduced all those tasks down to 139.

Backed up Toodledo, imported the file into RTM. But what showed up in RTM was those thousands of tasks, mostly in their "completed" section. I would just delete all, of them, except that I'm seeing legitimate *uncompleted* tasks in there --all mixed up with completed tasks. There's no way I'm going to take a fine-tooth comb through all of them to make sure I've saved all the uncompleted ones. Even more annoying since there's no way to change a tasks from completed to uncompleted in RTM. I would have to copy and paste every one of them into new tasks, including their notes.

Okay..........

So I started over. Wiped everything from RTM. Carefully deleted every *completed* task from Toodledo. When I look at "all tasks" in Toodledo, including completed tasks, there's NOTHING there with a checkbox indicating it's been completed.

Now according to Toodledo, I only have 139 tasks, none of them completed.

Did the backup again, imported to RTM. But RTM still shows those thousands of tasks, with uncompleted and completed tasks all mixed together, marked as completed.

I've tried signing out of Toodledo and starting over several times. But no matter what I do, that backup file, still includes tons of tasks that I thought were GONE. What the heck is going on here? (arrghh...)

This message was edited Jul 18, 2020.
louise_1297540325

Posted Jul 17, 2020 in: how to batch delete completed tasks
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
louise_1297540325

Posted Jul 16, 2020 in: how to batch delete completed tasks
I'm in the process of moving out of Toodledo into Remember the Milk. I imported all my data this morning and I've come across a really big problem in migrating to it. Part of it involves an issue with Toodledo.

Before subscribing to RTM, I spent a couple of weeks of full time days, massively reducing my Toodledo tasks before moving to RTM. I manually moved thousands of tasks / projects / ideas into Evernote, then checked off those tasks in Toodledo, thinking they were gone forever (haha..). I did that in order to simplify my entry into RTM, also to reduce the possible loss I might have if my data Toodledo went south before I managed to move it into RTM.

Unfortunately......

When I clicked those tasks as completed in Toodledo, they weren't really gone. Apparently Toodledo still saved them. So when I imported my tasks into RTM, those thousands of supposedly-deleted tasks went into "completed" tasks in RTM

That would be just fine, I would simply delete them all in RTM, except....

Those legitimately to-be-deleted tasks somehow got mixed up in the export with a big bunch of *not-yet completed* tasks. The latter are scheduled for future dates in Toodledo. But for some reason in the export/import, they got moved into "completed" tasks, along with the ones that I did mean to delete. Along with every single iteration of daily / weekly recurring and completed tasks I've checked off in Toodledo for who knows how long.

Yup, it's a mess. One huge bucket of bolts, containing....

1- tasks I thought I had completely deleted in Toodledo
2- uncompleted tasks scheduled for the future, for some reason moved into "completed" tasks when I exported to RTM
2- completed recurring tasks, listed over and over and over again.

I've already contacted tech support at RTM. I'm guessing they're going to tell me to completely delete the tasks I don't want to move into RTM, wipe out what I currently have in RTM, start with a clean slate, then import into RTM just the tasks I want to keep. I've asked tech support at RTM how so many as-yet-uncompleted tasks got into their completed folder. But that's not something for this forum to help me with.

This is what I'd like help with from you folks:
How the heck do I do a batch delete those thousands of tasks in Toodledo, so I can create that clean slate? I've seen that you can do that via a search with specific criteria. But the only thing they all have in common is that they've all been checked as completed. Thousands of recurring and supposedly-deleted tasks, each with its own little trashcan icon. I suppose I could click those little trashcans thousands of times, but...

I'm hoping I don't have to.

(help).
louise_1297540325

I have always sorted my tasks for the day by priority, then "due date AND time". We still have a column labeled "due date and time". Clicking that used to sort all my tasks for the same day according to time (within the same priority category). That is very important to me.

But now if I add due time to a task --it is utterly meaningless. I look at my tasks for the day, and my top priority tasks are due at 6am, then 10am, then 7am then 4pm, then 6am. What a mess. The sorting options in settings now includes due date, but time is no longer mentioned.

I occasionally use stars but that is a grouping category, not a way to list things in order. It doesn't let me put each tasks in a sequence, based on when they need to be done in a given day.

When did we lose that functionality? Seriously... what is the point of even offering time due as a setting --when it makes no difference whatsoever in how it's displayed?

Is there any way to get that feature back? I use it A LOT!
louise_1297540325

Posted May 05, 2017 in: syncing with iOS
Did a search about this topic, but it looks like the most recent posts about it are from several years ago.

I've been having some problems syncing between my iPhone and the web version. Once in a while, when I edit the notes in a task on phone or website, I can't get the edits to appear on the other. I've tried everything I can think of, refreshing the browser again and again, clicking to another task and going back again, navigating to another day in my display and coming back, etc etc etc. But the task remains unsync'd. On a couple of occasions, I've had to manually type in updated edits, which essentially negates the purpose of syncing.

Yes, Sync on Edit is already turned on.

So this is my question: what action "saves" the edits, either on the phone or the website? What specific action can I perform to get the software to immediately sync, in either direction, between phone and website?
louise_1297540325

Posted Dec 08, 2016 in: Toodledo not syncing on iPhone
It just successfully sync'd.
I have no idea what made the problem go away, or why this happened in the first place. When I first posted this, I had tried everything I could to get it to work.

This message was edited Dec 08, 2016.
louise_1297540325

Posted Dec 08, 2016 in: Toodledo not syncing on iPhone
I just tried to sync Toodledo on my phone, but all I get is a wheel that spins... and spins... and does nothing. According to the app I have over 60 tasks overdue, and nothing due today. I've tried restarting several times but that doesn't help. My internet connection is fine and so is the online version. I just can't get the app to display what's actually going on, even at home.

Thanks for any help you can offer on this!

This message was edited Dec 08, 2016.
louise_1297540325

Posted Oct 25, 2015 in: billing
Apparently Toodledo doesn't auto-renew, they send a reminder email when subscription is about to expire. But y'know..with all the various things people are typically subscribed to, that's easy to forget.

Suggestion to Toodledo developers: Could you put something about this on the profile page, so people don't spend a bunch of time hunting all over the website to get an answer about this? That'd be great! :-)
louise_1297540325

Just found an answer to my question by searching the forum topics. Thanks anyway :-)
louise_1297540325

Trying to change the billing details for my subscription. I only see FAQ re: how to change the level of my subscription or extending it. But there doesn't seem to be any page for how my subscription is paid. How do I do that?
louise_1297540325

Posted Aug 25, 2014 in: skype format for phone numbers
Please tell me there's some way to disable the "feature" that automatically turns all phone numbers to the blue skype format. It's *awful*!!
Anytime I want to edit that phone number, I get a huge long string of gobblygook. Hunting through that gobblygook to find the phone number is so annoying, I've started adding extra spaces or alternate characters in between the numbers --just to keep them from turning BLUE.
Arrgh! What a ridiculous waste of time. Not only is this new feature not helpful, it is *really* irritating!!
louise_1297540325

Hear, hear!
louise_1297540325

Posted Dec 13, 2013 in: strange spontaneous change in display
Ahhhh. Bless you! I thought I had already poked at every possible button, hunting for a solution, but I evidently missed that one. Apparently I created the problem by poking that button by mistake. Thanks again!

I guess this is the place to go for dumb questions as well as complicated ones, huh? :-P
louise_1297540325

Every time I change something in my tasks, for example check a task that is completed, I usually redisplay the page in my browser to reduce the list to what remains. But if I refresh the page, then all those notes that I just meticulously closed open up again. Very annoying :-(
louise_1297540325

This is happening in Firefox 27.
louise_1297540325

I've been happily using Toodledo for a while now, but it's suddenly changed its typical way to display tasks in an annoying way. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything to make that change, and I can't get it to change back.
I often add embedded notes with my tasks, clicking on that little text icon to open up read those notes. Usually those are not displayed, so I just see the list of my tasks for the day. But for some reason, as of yesterday, all tasks are displayed with all embedded notes. This makes my list of tasks MUCH longer and harder to read.
I have tried closing and restarting my browser, and logging into Toodledo again. But it always starts up with all those notes wide open.
How can I fix this? I couldn't find anything in Settings to specify whether those should be displayed.

Please help!
louise_1297540325

Posted Apr 25, 2012 in: sorting by due time on smartphones
Is there a screenshot anywhere, so I can see that?
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next