ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by ttorimoto"
ttorimoto

Posted Dec 26, 2010 in: How to get App Token
Score: 0
OK - so my original App was registered while it was still API version 1.
I just registered a temporary (fake) app and it listed an App Token for it - and also gave me the ability to Delete it from my list of registered apps.
So I guess what I need is one of the following:
1. Have the system give me an App Token when I Edit an already existing registered app - if it did not already have an App Token.
2. Ability to delete an old registered app that was registered during the API v1 days - I want to reuse the original AppID.
3. Ability to change the AppID of a registered app (as long as it checks to see if the new AppID is taken already, this should be fine).

Please help! Thanks!
ttorimoto

Posted Dec 26, 2010 in: How to get App Token
This may sound like a silly question, but...

I DO Have an app registered here:

http://api.toodledo.com/2/account/doc_register.php

BUT the "App Token" field in the table is blank...?
Even if I click EDIT to re-enter the info, that cell is blank.

So how do I get an App Token so I can generate a signature to do the initial Session Token request as per this page:

http://api.toodledo.com/2/account/index.php

?? Thanks!
ttorimoto

Posted Oct 29, 2010 in: API 2.0
Honestly, seriously - the private meta-data is awesome.
ttorimoto

I wanted to also suggest that the ToodleDo developers look at GQueues and the way they handle Collaboration. It's quite amazing - actually, perfect - in my opinion.
Once GQueues opens up their API - I think they will have a huge one-up on Toodledo.
ttorimoto

Posted Dec 26, 2009 in: Toodledo Android App (in development)
please add me to your list of potential beta testers. I've currently got 700+ items on my todo list in ToodleDo... just moved over from my Palm Treo 680.. and have been struggling to find a decently implemented, QUICK GTD app client on Android that also syncs with ToodleDo. Thanks!
ttorimoto

Hi Andy - I've tried to register - so that i could request the beta at that link - but it never sent me a confirmation email.
I was about to start on my own ToodleDo syncing GTD Android app - since every GTD app I've tried (5 or 6) had something that just wasn't right - but I prefer not to write my own (time!). So I wanted to take a look at yours. I've got 700+ tasks in ToodleDo. I just moved over from my Palm Treo 680 to a Samsung Moment and used CSV export/import to bring my todo list over. My wife also is trying to find the best app, and being able to share/assign tasks was important - hence I'm trying to get us to use ToodleDo... except we need a good Android app that syncs with it.
Let me know if you can see what's wrong with the site. It won't let me log-in either without getting the activation email...
ttorimoto

Posted Dec 13, 2009 in: How to see Hotlist within a Context?
Is there a way to show the Hotlist, but within a Context?
i.e. It makes no sense to see any other actions in another Context (i.e. If I'm at Home, I should only see the "Hot" Action items in the Home Context - no point in seeing the "Work" Hot Action items).
I don't see a way to see the Hotlist while I am only looking at a specific Context (i.e. the list should only have the "highest" items from that Context).
ttorimoto

Posted Dec 13, 2009 in: Automatic Next Actions
Score: 1
@gregmay82

Wow - I'm in the EXACT same boat. As far as I know, this is one way Actions in Projects (i.e. Subtasks) should be handled - they should automatically be "promoted" to Next Action as the one previous to it is completed. And as you said - there are truly not many applications that I can find that support this - even as an option.

One thing I was thinking about though - if you have Contexts assigned to each Subtask, and those Contexts differ, you'd need a way to know which Context you have to be in quickly to move on with the Project. In addition, some projects MAY have SOME actions that can be completed in NOT in sequence - I'm not sure how a system would handle that... but I DO agree, that what you are requesting originally above is a huge huge HUGE time saver as well as a GREAT way to avoid "forgetting" about a project... and I would think in MOST projects, a person does have a specific sequence of actions that they want to do it in (worst case, they can shuffle the subtasks around, which would change the Next Action based on which is on "top").

yes yes YES - I dont know why I cannot find this feature on the majority of GTD apps - both on the Web and on my Android phone (I think there are 1 or 2 GTD Android apps that do this - but their other features or ease of use is terrible)...

-taka (wishing for a native Toodledo Android app)
ttorimoto

Posted Dec 10, 2009 in: Status field
er.. maybe this is a silly question, but - When I create a new Task - I cannot find the "Status" field that I've read about in many places... it's supposed to have pre-set fields like "Next Action" and "Waiting On" and "Deferred" and such for GTD-like usage... Why can't I see it?