Posted by Toodledo:
Yes :)

This is a great day!

Thank you
richardpepin.dd

Posted Oct 05, 2011 in: Backup and Restore Options
Score: 1
Hi all,

Does that new backup fix the bug of "recurrence base on completion date" being restored as "recurrence base on due date" that existed in the old xml backups.
richardpepin.dd

Score: 0
Posted by Salgud:
Yes, AFAIK, this is the first backup system in history to have a flaw. ;)

Common guys, get serious. It may not be the first to have flaws, but a defect that makes a backup system to lose data, is well documented and is still unadressed after over 2 years is a first to me. And juging by the importance/interest that these answers suggest, it won't be fixed any time soon.
richardpepin.dd

Posted by Toodledo:
The XML backup can already restore 99% of a task's details. It only loses a few tiny bits of information, such as the "completed from" flag. So its not a terrible problem, but we plan to fix it regardless.

I don't want to look unappreciative of the rest of the system but I have to desagree on that. If you have 100s of tasks for an entire department and you have to restore them by hand one by one, it become a terrible problem.

Any other backup system that would be found restoring 99% of the data and only loses a few tiny bit of information, would be out of business in no time.
richardpepin.dd

Hi,
Any news on the bug of corrupted backups. I'm surprised noone seem interested in having valid backup. I know the topic is not the most popular, but it is nevertheless a crucial one, at least for me. What are the chances of a problem being solved if only one costumer is interested.
richardpepin.dd

Thank you for your prompt response. This kind of support is one of the reasons I use Toodledo.

I must admit I was suprised to find that the data are not restored in the same state in which they where backed up but I guess with something as complex as Toodledo, these things happen.

Looking foreword for the fix.
richardpepin.dd

Hi, I recently restored an xml backup and discovered that all my task that had a repeat from completion date came back as repeat from due date. After looking into the xml file, I don't see where this information can be stored.

I found a similar question in the forum 2 years ago and the answer was that it was not implemented yet. I was hoping that it could have been implemented since.

Thank you in advance.
richardpepin.dd

Posted Apr 20, 2011 in: Pocket informant for Android
I also tried Pocket Informant, but syncing is broken and it has destroyed my toodledo list, contaminating my list to the point I had to start from scrach. After deniyng the problem for 2 month, they finaly updated it, and it's now even worst and force close frequently leaving your data in a very precarious state. I would advise to stay away from that apt for the time being.

I tried Due Today but had some sync problems, not as severe as PI by far, it never contaminated my data, but unpleasant nevertheless.

I now use "Ultimate To Do" and I am very happy. Wiget, add task with 1 clic, custumizable to your hard content or leave as is for a very functionnal to do list manager. I also appreciate the one to one relationship with Toodledo data, including goals, folders, subtasks and notes. Even status, tags and stars are the same, as well as tasks that are recurents. And very important, syncing is reliable and have never failed. The interface which used to be ugly is now quite pleasant with the last update. Support is first class and all my questions have been answered promptly, quite a change from PI's forum. UTD doesn't have a calendar so I use Business Calendar and the combination makes this arrangement the best of breed. I've separated events from tasks, and I can now see both concepts at a glance in it's own wiget side by side and a clic on the wiget brings me in full screen detail/edit mode for each. The picture of what's going on have never been so clear.
richardpepin.dd

Posted Mar 13, 2011 in: Best Android App for Toodledo?
Score: 1
Hi again,

While waiting for a long time in hope that pocket Informant will finaly solve their sync and force close problems, I tried a few other solution and I found a solution that suit my taste quite well.

Ultimate to do list: while not as sexy graphiquely then PI or GTD, they made an update that makes it very pleasant and the options are incredible. I haven't find a field in Toodeldo that they don't support, and you can costumize and save as many views as you see fit. The fact that the developper is so responsive is also a great advantage over PI.

And for the calendar part that UTDL does not implement, I found 'Business Calendar' which is still in beta but look fantastic.

So all my events go into Business Calendar and my tasks into UTDL. The two consepts where very separated in PI anyway.

Is anyone using that kind of arrangement? It seems pretty natural for me.

Richard
richardpepin.dd

Posted Mar 06, 2011 in: Best Android App for Toodledo?
Thanks everyone on this tread, I've been trying to find a good app on Android for some time.

I like Pocket Informant and it probably have the most potential but I can tell you by experience that the sync is unusable with a Nexus S.

Completed task on Android get deleted, not completed on Toodledo, if sync at all. Next thing you know your task are duplicated for no apparent reason on Toodledo. A complete mess.

I'm looking forward to try a couple of your sugestions.
richardpepin.dd

Posted Mar 06, 2011 in: Last day of the month event
Thank you for your answer Toodledo.
I've had this problem with other system also, the most notorious bein Google calendar and I never tougth of 1 day of the month with 1 day leadtime. I like it and that's what I'll do until it's implemented.
richardpepin.dd

Posted Feb 27, 2011 in: Last day of the month event
Hi all,
I'm new to Toodledo and I'm having some difficulties to schedule a task. The task has to be done on the last day of each month. Many ical calendar have difficulty with this but good ones like rainlender process it perfectly. The ical format even has provision for exacly that.

I'm using Pocket Informant on my Androïd phone, which support this format but when it sync with Toodledo, not finding the equivalent, it has to transform it into 'Last wednesday of each month', not quit the same.

Thank you in advance

Richard