ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by J-Mac"
J-Mac

Posted Jul 03, 2010 in: How to Delete Old Account?
Score: 0
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2010
  • Score: 0
Two years ago I posted to ask about changing my login email address here:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/299/0/change-my-login-email.html

Found out I had an older free account that was still active at that time, but I was using a valid Pro account. I was told I could go ahead and delete or cancel the old account. So I did - or at least I tried and thought I had been successful.

However I just received an email telling me I hadn't used my Toodledo account in over a year and it was to be canceled in 14 days. Yikes! Then I noticed it was that old previously "canceled" account. So apparently the delete/cancel didn't stick last time. Personally I don’t care as long as my current paid Pro Plus account stays intact. Anything special need to be done to get rid of the old one for good?

Thank you.

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jun 08, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
Score: 1
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2010
  • Score: 1
Posted by Krista:
Posted by gpzbc:
Toodledo's connection to Jott will do this.
http://www.toodledo.com/connect_jott.php

Uh, the majority of Reqall features are 100% free, however Jott has sold out and now charges a monthly fee. Sorry, but I don't want to pay $5-13/mo for what Reqall does for free.

Krista,

Personally I don’t consider a software developer deciding to charge for their products to be "selling out". After all, could you or I afford to spend full-time plus the cost of web space, bandwidth, phone lines, etc. just to give away the program freely to everyone and anyone who wants to use it? Maybe you; not me!

That said, I did indeed drop Jott when they announced their pricing structure as it seemed on the high side and they also greatly shortened the max time you could record a message to the point where you had to speak too fast for the speech recognition to work well at all. Jott's pricing seems geared more to corporations than individuals IMO.

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jun 08, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2010
I am not a software developer and my code writing skills were pretty much left behind with my one-time hobby of writing Palm, Pocket PC, and Symbian apps about a million or so years ago. But I definitely appreciate a developer taking the time to review and clean-up the code for his/her successful active application(s). It takes character and a quality-first mindset to let the feature-creep go for a while and polish up the core stuff.

Jake, thank you for taking the time to do the right things right, every time. :)

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Aug 31, 2009 in: Nested subtasks and other updates.
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2009
Sweet! Subtasks always indented - I like that!

Thank you, Jake!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 30, 2009 in: Recently Completed Tasks time frame
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2009
Posted by Anders:
Completed tasks will be shown in your general lists for a week if the Recently Completed filter is off. There are other ways you can view your older completed tasks. See this help topic: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=86
I don't know why toggling subtasks would change your filter settings, but if the completed tasks are more than a week old, they should not be showing at all.

Not true, according to the Help pages and Jake's comment above.

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 30, 2009 in: Recently Completed Tasks time frame
  • J-Mac
Posted by Anders:
Filters are all per view. Your filter settings will be saved though, so you only have to set them once per view.

This is not working correctly. Back when we discussed this almost two weeks ago it did seem to work OK. However today I am working in the same folder as then but every time I refresh the view - by leaving and coming back to it, or adding a task; whatever action forces the page refresh - all completed tasks do show but of course none of my subtasks are nested. as soon as I click on "Toggle Subtasks" the completed subtasks are missing and that note appears saying, "There are also 3 old completed subtasks that are not displayed. Show?" So I have to click that every time or they are missing.

Why are they hidden? They were completed JUST over one week ago, but I am a Pro & Plus subscriber and I am supposed to have the infinite display of completed tasks if I filter them as such. BTW the filter is set to show completed tasks. Also, in my Account Settings I have "Delete Completed Tasks" set to "Never".

Is this a bug? Or some other "feature" that I haven't figured out yet?

Jim
J-Mac

• J-Mac
OK, this is weird. I read this and quickly checked my calendar but only my events are showing - no strange "Tasks for..." on my calendar.

BTW, I don't normally see my tasks like the screenshot posted above; each of my individual tasks shows as a separate event on my G-Cal. Is that how others are seeing their Toodledo tasks?

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 30, 2009 in: Wrong time zones in Google Calendar
  • J-Mac
This has been a problem with Google Calendar since its start. Unfortunately Google has not done much development with its calendar other than trying to make each calendar easy to share. I wish they would spend a little more time on developing G-Cal; it could be so much better!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 30, 2009 in: Short-cut key to Toggle Subtasks?
  • J-Mac
Anders,

I would certainly do it but since I can't seem to get it working as it is, I don't want to create it as a script at the GM site and then have it not working for anyone who installs it there!

Jim
J-Mac

• J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2009
Not working at all here. Tried with and without SSL; nothing. I still have to click the Toggle thing.

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 24, 2009 in: Short-cut key to Toggle Subtasks?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2009
Andy,

Yes, I saw that post and I tried to use that script but I don't have it working right. If it were an installable GM script I could use it but I'm not going to play with it anymore as is.

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 22, 2009 in: Short-cut key to Toggle Subtasks?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 22, 2009
The way Subtasks are handled in Toodledo is the main reason I don't use Toodledo as much as I would like.

Requests to make Subtasks user-configurable to always show them nested for more than a year now have gone unheeded. Anything you do at all in Toodledo causes the subtasks to become "un-nested", requiring another click on the toggle link. Can't tell you how many times I hit the Print button just before realizing that the subtasks are not where I need to see them. And that is after clicking the Toggle button at least a couple dozen times while working on my task list for maybe ten minutes.

I think it is safe to assume that this behavior will never be fixed. Oh well.

Jim
J-Mac

• J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2009
I believe that your Sort parameters must have "Show Completed Tasks" selected.

Click on the Sort button toward the top right of the page, then on the sort line that appears click on the link that says "Hide Completed Tasks". That should solve this for you.

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 19, 2009 in: Notebook features
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2009
Posted by Anders:
Maybe this is incorrect, but I thought Google was phasing out their Notebook. Maybe Docs would be better?
Anyway, good suggestions.

Depends... If you already have a Google Notebook account it is still operable and supposedly will continue to be supported. However they are not offering any new accounts.

I do have an account but don't use it anymore except when I need to write a note from my cell phone. (Plain old non-smart phone).

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 19, 2009 in: Recently Completed Tasks time frame
  • J-Mac
Thanks Anders. Works better for me now that I am using it. A global setting would actually have been a problem after all.

Thanks again for your help!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 19, 2009 in: Column Order and Dates
  • J-Mac
Wow - that seems to have done it, Jake. Kind of a roundabout way to get there but it's there now!

Thanks for the help!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 18, 2009 in: Column Order and Dates
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2009
I have both Due Date and Start Date as selected fields in most views. However the Due Date shows before the Start Date in column order. IOW, reading left to right I see Due Date and then Start Date. I have tried resetting the order using the Column Edit icon but as soon as I click the icon again to complete the order change it reverts back to Due Date then Start Date. Maybe it's just me, but I usually like to see that order reversed: Start, then Due/Finish. Or does "Due Date" mean "Start Date" in Toodledo?

Is there some other setting I have missed that is preventing me from changing that order? Most other changes are working.

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 18, 2009 in: Recently Completed Tasks time frame
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2009
Jake,

Currently I am trying to configure my views so that I can see completed tasks for longer than 1 week. I have a Pro-Plus account. However I can't seem to get them showing unless I click on the "Show completed tasks" at each folder change. Is there a way to have them show normally for a longer period? The Help pages seem to indicate that I can but I can't find the setting.

Thanks!

Jim

EDIT: OK, I think I finally have it: Individual filter settings within each view? That works, though is there a global setting for all views? If not I can certainly live with the individual filters. It would just be dimwitted of me to do that if there does happen to be a setting for all views! Thanks!

This message was edited Jul 18, 2009.
J-Mac

• J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2009
I agree with the suggestion that tags could be the answer. However it would be much more helpful if tags were hierarchical; IOW, Tag>Sub-tag so to speak.

This CAN be accomplished with advanced searching but it is not always easy to get the search terms just right. A working knowledge of RegEx helps a lot but there are not many users who are more than a little familiar with RegEx searches.

Evernote's previous versions had hierarchical categories - which were simply tags. However they abandoned them with their latest version and instead counsel users to use their "power search" features, which results in the same problem I mention above: Users are continually writing for help with their "power searches"!

Personally tags + saved searches are working well for me. If properly explained most users could probably get by with them. Many, though, are partial to more of a hand-holding WYSWYG method. (Not meaning to offend with that comment, BTW!)

OT: Mr. Pope - I do remember you from my PI days also. Same username here also. I hope all is well with you and yours!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jun 28, 2009 in: Print Header on Multiple Pages?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 28, 2009
I posted a question/request about this over a year ago but unfortunately never received any replies.

Link is here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/132/-534/print-with-header-on-all-pages.html

The issue is that any time you print a list of To-Do's that is longer than one page, all pages after the first have no header. If you have only very obvious columns showing it isn't much of a problem. But there are times when I create a special printed report that has different columns than I normally show, plus I occasionally have the order of the columns set differently than usual. This can make the report confusing to read on pages other than the first.

Since there was no response last year the issue still exists. There doesn't appear to be anything I can do about this on my end.

Jake, is there any way that you can address this on the server side? I'm not sure that you can do anything but it would really be nice if you could.

Thanks!

Jim
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next