ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
gothick

Posted May 12, 2013 in: iOS App Version 3.0.5
Score: 0
  • gothick
  • Posted: May 12, 2013
  • Score: 0
I did the "kill the app" thing as a workaround for the incorrect password problem yesterday, and Toodledo started working fine, but I started it up this morning and I had to do the workaround again, because it was again complaining that my details weren't right.

Another, vaguely-related bit of feedback: the sync config screen's "On/Off" sliders for the options really look "off" to me when they're in the "on" state. The complete lack of colour and "greyed-out" look to them when "On" really "feels" to me like they're not switched on when they are...
gothick

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 3
  • gothick
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
  • Score: 3
Posted by mununky:
it *looks* nice, but i'm finding it very difficult to use. i can no longer tab over while adding a task to modify the folder, due date, and priority. i have to add the task, then edit it to use those functions.

Did you -- like me, first of all -- miss that "Add Task" is actually a button, not just a heading? Click it and you'll be able to use the full, tab-througable "add task" form instead of adding a quick task and editing it.

If so, maybe this is something for the designers to take on board -- the "Add Task" button doesn't look "buttony" enough; from the looks of it, it could easily just be a heading for the "quick add" textbox.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
gothick

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 1
  • gothick
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
  • Score: 1
My first impression: "Wow! That's just *so* much prettier". IE8 then barfed and had to "recover" the browser tab when I clicked "Notebook", but that's IE8 for you. And it's not done it again...

So far, so good, I'd say; I will be approaching this with an open mind and trying to work with any differences from the old layout for a while before I complain about anything, as there's bound to be a bit of a learning curve at work.

Thanks for all the work that must have gone into this new version.
gothick

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Toodledo Development Slowing Down?
  • gothick
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2011
I'd be happy to beta. I use a variety of browsers from different machines (IE, Chrome and Safari under Windows and OS X, including Lion), plus the iPhone app, and use Toodledo pretty much every day, so I should be able to spot some issues if there are any to spot :)

Matt
gothick

Posted Apr 21, 2011 in: iOS App Version 2.1.3 Released
  • gothick
  • Posted: Apr 21, 2011
Whereas I find that turning the location alert roughly halves my battery life. Odd. I have no other location apps running; when I turn on the location tracking in Toodledo I get the little arrow icon, and my battery drains quickly. When I turn off the location tracking in Toodledo, my battery lasts all day, like normal.

Maybe it depends on where you are and what cell towers you can see, or something. Or is there some setting somewhere that might have a bearing on it?
gothick

Posted Jun 16, 2009 in: Improved Backup/Restore capabilities
  • gothick
  • Posted: Jun 16, 2009
Excellent news. I was already doing my own scheduled backup, so it's nice to know the export will be more complete now. And as someone who imported hundreds of tasks in from a different system (and ran into the task limit), it's nice to know that it'll now cope if I ever have to use it again...
gothick

• gothick
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Well done, Jake. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how you recover from them that shows how good you are. I was glad to be kept so frankly informed by your updates through the day, and I'm glad you got everything back.

Incidentally, I posted a blog entry on the outage before things came back online, which explains why I wasn't desperately worried by the downtime...
gothick

Posted Mar 19, 2009 in: New Task Defaults and the Star
  • gothick
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
The default will be overidden depending on what tab you are on. So, if you have the folder default set to "inbox" but you are looking at folder "projectA", when you add a new task, the new task will be pre-filled with "projectA". This applies to the star as well. If you are looking at starred tasks when you add a new task, it will be pre-set to have a star, regardless of your default settings.

Ahhhh! So, because I'd been playing with stars, I was on the "Starred" tab, and that's what defaulted it! I get you. That makes a certain amount of sense. I was led up the garden path by the "Star" default only showing on the settings page when it was turned on...

Thanks for the speedy explanation (and thank you, very much indeed, for allowing XML imports. Toodledo was clearly a good match for me, as someone with XSLT skills who wanted to move 700+ tasks from another system!)
gothick

• gothick
Thanks for the help!

No, it's definitely not working I described -- I've even checked in a different browser on another machine.

On your Account Settings page, what does it say for "New Task Defaults"? Currently, it says "Folder: Inbox" for me (which is right), but nothing about the star. If I change the preference and save, it says "Star: On/Folder: Inbox". But if I turn the star preference to off it just says "Folder: Inbox".

It's like the preference doesn't save when the star is off, only when it's on...

Ta,

Matt
gothick

• gothick
Hi all, I'm new to Toodledo, so please bear with me if I'm being dumb :)

I've set "Star" to "Off" in my "New Task Defaults", but when I add a new task using the "Add a Task" link in the top right of the main screen, it sets new task to be starred, and I have to turn it off.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Matt