ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Feb 17, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
then I guess we can wait for some savior that will do it for free.

I wouldn't hold my breath.
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Feb 16, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 2
there is no "free" in professional world: they have a product that we are paying for so if they want to upgarde it to be more visualy pleasing then someone must get paid
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Feb 02, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 1
I would have to agree: UI is total crap, the rest is superb

room for improvement?
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Jan 11, 2010 in: Toodlethings User Style
Score: 0
I would love for this style to get more bright background. This one is depressing :X
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Dec 17, 2009 in: New Design by VINTOM.com
SUPERB style,

made me come back to Toodledo

thank you for your work
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Nov 08, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
Posted by Garfield:
The box style is what the entire theme strives away from and I more than likely won't be looking to implement them in anytime. What I am looking to do is remove the separators and instead apply a bigger space between the sections.

I personally think that the free floating words work well with the background as it's a free-floating row that's well above anything else in the view.

Thanks for the interest in the style.

thanks for the update
looks great!
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Nov 06, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
how about looking at the calendar? It could use a little attention
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Nov 05, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
I also wish for XP Things..

I would greatly appreciate you looking at that nasty "add subtask" button

This message was edited Nov 05, 2009.
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Nov 04, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
its big, clunky and the green color doesn't fit the "things" theme

I would love to see it match the golden check box that you can see on tasks when "things" theme is up.
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Nov 02, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
Is there anything you could do about that UGLY "add a subtask" button? It is really ruining the whole Things experience, by sticking out, like in your face.

p.s I would gladly donate to your Things project if you added paypal button

This message was edited Nov 03, 2009.
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Oct 21, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
Posted by Garfield:
I just uploaded a new version of Toodlethings to the following link - http://j.mp/J40Od

It includes some fixes, compressed CSS code, and a couple of design changes. If anyone has any findings of bugs or requests, please feel free to post them here.

Hope you enjoy using it!

Sweet! Thank you for your work!
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Oct 15, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
No, I don't use tags

If I have 10 next actions like

print document
call X
draft an agreement
anwser e-mail
call B
check the prices on the internet
e-mail Z

I could have
@internet
@e-mail
@phone calls
@computer

but
I am at @office and don't have to move an inch to get all that tasks done - every tool is at my desk

and even if I had 30 next actions - you can easy fillter out the e-mails with simply looking at the list, but then again - does it really matter if you do

phonecall
phonecall

or
phonecall
phonecall?

I don't even have to move so it doesn't inconvenience me in ANYWAY. But imagine that you have 30 "stuff" in your inbox and you have to @contex every one of them - thats a lot of extra work just to do 5 phonecalls in a row
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Oct 15, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
The micro-contex thing imo is overdoing, atleast in my case

my typical work day is:

1. home
2. go to work
3. shop
4. home

I believe many peoples lifes are similar

I don't wait at the airports for my planes, I am not stuck in traffic jams for several hours in the middle of the day

so my contex are home, office and shop

when I am at home - do I really need @Phone contex to understand "call Jim about the trip"? No, our brain knows exacly what call means
Can I execute that task at home? Sure thing, my phone is next to me. So in that case adding "tool contex" to "place contex" that has all the tools is overdoing.

Remember how diffrent mr. Allen's lifestyle is from other people - he is constantly on the move.

When he is on the plane it is understandable that he has "@computer" contex because:
1. he has his laptop with him,
2. there is no internet on the plane

Is he going to be in his office tomorrow? Perhaps, but he could be waiting in other state for a meeting that is going to be late 2 hours.

now look at my life:
1. I have computer both at work and home
2. I have internet both at work and home

I am not going to browse my ebay auctions at work, and I am sure as hell not going to do my work at home. So where I am going to see my ebay? The answer is at home because I have both computer and the internet there and that internet search falls into my private home life.
Am I going to be on a plane tomorrow? No.

That is exactly why I like what Proximo did: he knows what the stuff is, turned it into a next action task and then he has put it in a contex of "when should I do it" (work related) and "can do it" (tools necessary at office).
Not to mention that Proximo's contex are SOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to filter out. Really, I have no words to describe how he nailed it

This message was edited Oct 15, 2009.
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Oct 14, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 2
Proximo's setup is the greatest implementation of GTD that I have came across

thanks for sharing this with us
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Oct 10, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
I do really like Proximo's setup. He has the GTD contex part NAILED down.

People often (myself guilty as charged) break contex into phone, computer, etc. but David Allen wrote that contex is all about the place and the tools at hand. If you work in an office then guess what: you have phones, computers, printers all around you.
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Apr 29, 2009 in: Returning customer requests
Hi,

I have resubed today after trying countless GTD products on the market (I can honestly say: I have tried EVERY single pice of software and webapp related to task managment).

Since I am cleaning all stuff from my account I am posting this kinda old request list that I have been making:

After reading forums and by my personal experience with Pro Plus toodledo I have prepared a list of IMO much needed improvments:

Contex
* allow for contex reordering, just like in "Folders"

Tasks
* allow for items reordering, very needed for subtasks managemet (they are completly random now)
* add support for task templates - some of us create similiar tasks over and over ex. folder "work" contex "phonecall" time "5m", goal "make the sale"

Contacts
* add a simple contact managment - name, adress, e-mail, phone, note. (you can add task --> call Ann --> add person and you see the Ann's phone number, also needed for team work or meetings)

Notes (main view)
* make e-mail adress work as "mailto:" so they are clickable

Booklet
* support non-english characters (example: Polish letters are printed as "?", same for Chinese aphabet)

Calendar
* add event support - not all items are actionable, some are just event that you are reminded off, but doesn't have to do anything about it. In calendar you could see Tasks due and upcoming events - ex. 3 Task due, 2 events. (right now I sometimes get like 10 tasks to do when in fact I have to do only 2 of them and the rest are events like "not smoking for 6 months" which doesn't need me to take any action)

*allow for task adding while in calendar

*support calendar drag'n'drop so we can take task and manualy drop it on another day

Notebook
*add more html support and basic text tools
*allow for notebook linking (right now I cannot past the link with the draft in the notebook into task's note)
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Mar 10, 2009 in: Rearrange subtask
Can I rearrange my subtasks if I buy pro version?
I used to have pro, but messy subtasks that couldn't be "drag n droped" into correct order drove me off this app.

cheers,
G
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Sep 05, 2008 in: [request] Event support
Please add event support - not all items are actionable, some are just events that you are reminded of, but you just doesn't have to do anything about it. In calendar you could see Tasks due and upcoming events - ex. 3 Task due, 2 events.

Right now I sometimes get like 10 tasks to do when in fact I have to do only 2 of them and the rest are events like "not smoking for 6 months" which doesn't need me to take any action
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Sep 05, 2008 in: Improvement to Subtasks
it was driving me crazy. thank you!

now the second most wanted feat (I hope so..) REORDERING of tasks and subtasks.

cheers to whole Toodledo crew!

This message was edited Sep 05, 2008.
Bartosz Gajek

Posted Sep 04, 2008 in: TEMPLATES/COPYPASTE
what saskia.x was saying is that we don't want to make listing chores another chore becouse of the ammount of clicking we have to put into creating more than 3 tasks
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next