Search results for "Posted by Ann M"
Ann M

Posted May 05, 2017 in: Adding Multiple Items
Score: 0
  • Ann M
  • Posted: May 05, 2017
  • Score: 0
Hi Jake,

While I know what you say is true I have to agree with chuck for the same reasons he cites. I have been using the new layout for months now and still miss how it used to work. Just for the record.

Ann
Ann M

Posted Apr 06, 2017 in: Response times on the new layout
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Apr 06, 2017
I too have had the same issue and I just assumed it was the case because this was a beta version. I have ~ 2300 completed tasks and 450 non completed tasks. The existing version is notability faster.
Ann M

Posted Mar 17, 2017 in: Display styling options
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Mar 17, 2017
I second the request to change the background color. The blue has never worked for me and for a while I tried skins, but they are no longer current. I would be happy with nothing. The option to keep it clean with no color would be my request.
Ann M

• Ann M
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2017
Jake: this workaround should be publicized when you go live. I just found it on the forum and it basically mitigates the delay issue. But if users don't know about it then using the new calendar is incredibly frustrating (as I have lived with it for the past several months). Thanks. Ann
Ann M

Posted Mar 15, 2017 in: How to handle GTD Projects
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2017
Hello!

I have been a GTD enthusiast for more than 10 years and have been a subscriber of Toodledo for more than half that time. I am on a windows platform which is why I use TD. Otherwise I probably would be using OF because it has a nicer interface. However, I have tried many other GTD tools in that time and I end up staying with TD because it's the most versatile system I know of. I have changed my workflow and system process many times to accommodate new jobs and responsibilities and over the course of the last years and I have been able to modify TD every time I need to tweak my system to meet my needs.

So to answer you question I use folders for Areas of Focus and I use Contexts for my lists as follows:

Projects
Next Action
Postponed (Future)
Someday

I also use the start date as that is relevant for my work. Otherwise that's it. TD can be as complicated or as simple as you want it to be and I have tried to keep my system as simple and flat as possible following GTD's advise.
Ann M

Posted Jan 27, 2017 in: Task folders vs. Notes folders
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2017
"I don't want my Tasks to be polluted with my Notes folders, and vice-versa. I would like to request that the folder structures for Tasks and Notes be made independent from each other."

I agree totally which is why my notes are in a competing app.
Ann M

Posted Jan 27, 2017 in: Like Streaks
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2017
This can be found under the Habits function.
Ann M

Posted Nov 30, 2016 in: Focus on a project
Score: 1
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2016
  • Score: 1
I have one question that someone might have an answer too. I also use the "parent" task (as a project) and "child" subtasks as the next steps for that project. This works fine when I am initially creating them together, but I have found no easy way of how to make an existing task (next step) a sub task to a task (project) without having to do multiple searches. Just wondering if anyone did something differently. Thanks.
Ann M

Posted Oct 26, 2016 in: Turn Off Collaboration
Score: 1
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2016
  • Score: 1
It's always been there and I don't believe there is a way to remove the icon.
Ann M

Posted Oct 06, 2016 in: Tasks - Note window
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2016
I want to know if the note window will ever be made larger so that you can see more of whats inside instead of only four lines. I don't know if this is something on your list of things to do or not.

Thank you.
Ann M

Posted Jun 16, 2016 in: Advanced Search
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Jun 16, 2016
Is there keyboard shortcut for the advanced find? The "F" seems to do a simple find and will sometimes do an advance find depending upon what I have on my screen. The magnifying glass icon goes the simple search as the default. I am looking for a one click solution for advance find.
Ann M

Posted Jun 05, 2016 in: Weekly Review
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2016
I have been a GTD practitioner for over a decade and have been a reader on this forum for a while and up until now I haven't felt the need to ask for help. I don't believe there is an easy solution to my question, but I thought I would enlist the readers for their thoughts.

How do you determine your weekly "capacity?" By that I mean how much you can put on your plate until you have to say no or renegotiate your commitments? All of my next actions are captured accordingly in my system and my commitments are in my calendar.

Every week I write out all my commitments and all of the things I need to get done that week, I do this because I like to see at a glance what I have going on and to make sure I keep focused. However, when look at the my weekly list I am left with not knowing if I have overcommitted myself or not.

I am not one to assign time blocks to each task or commitment. I have tried that in the past and I find it sets a false sense as I might miscalculate and it ends up adding a level of complexity that I find burdensome. Has anyone found a way of assessing this other than just a gut sense? Thanks in advance for your insight.
Ann M

Posted May 18, 2016 in: Toodledo Roadmap Update
Score: 2
  • Ann M
  • Posted: May 18, 2016
  • Score: 2
Just a huge thanks for the update as I have indeed noticed things have been quiet. Being able to work from the web browser "offline" is a game changer for me so THANK YOU.

Best,
Ann
Ann M

Posted Mar 25, 2016 in: Interface
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2016
I read the thread that talked about the people who used Todoist and swtiched back to Toodledo. It occurred to me that the issue with visual clutter is the amount of text on the screen. I had a thought which I am sure you discussed internatlly, but thought I would ask anyway. It's the issue between the grid and multi-line view. The grid view looks very busy, but when you switch to the mutl-line view the folder still shows making the view still cluttered. Is there not a way to put that into the hidden piece? I will send an attachment so that you can see what I am asking.
Ann M

Posted Mar 24, 2016 in: Interface
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2016
Thanks Jake. Appreciate the quick reply.
Ann M

Posted Mar 24, 2016 in: Interface
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2016
Has there been thought or plans to streamline the interface even more than you already have. The simplicity of omnifocus or todoist is very appealing and was wondering if you might consider going in that direction?

Thanks,
Ann
Ann M

Posted Mar 17, 2016 in: List is too long
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Mar 17, 2016
The issue is not with TD, but in how to create/use your system. TD is flexible enough to take what you did on paper and transfer it electronically. But in all honesty I would suggest you read GTD Getting Things Done as that will help you create/define your structure/system and then the technology becomes agnostic. ~ Ann
Ann M

Posted Mar 07, 2016 in: Today's Tip: Toodledo and Emojis!
Score: 4
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2016
  • Score: 4
Another vote for tasks too!
Ann M

Posted Dec 14, 2015 in: Printing is now enlarged
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2015
I found the issue. I was using a different format, the Multi-line versus the grid. I wouldn't have expected that. Thanks
Ann M

Posted Dec 11, 2015 in: Printing is now enlarged
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2015
Did you do something recently (this week)? I printed out some of my things and all of sudden the font size is big. There was no change on my end so I thought I would ask first before I provided all the details you usually need to research.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next