ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by M"
M

Posted Oct 10, 2023 in: Upgrading my subscription
Score: 0
  • M
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2023
  • Score: 0
And - again - I've received an email asking me, because I'm a long-time user (and one-time long-time subscriber) to "upgrade" to a paid subscription.

But my concerns about the stability/viability of Toodledo haven't REALLY been addressed. Everything I've seen points toward mobile app development.

My fears when Toodledo's development went neglected made me move to an "open" platform method of tracking my tasks. I hesitate to leave that behind if Toodledo is not going to survive.

And, yes, I get the irony of my holding pack on a paid subscription while I worry about the app's survival. But I paid in for a LONG time, and just want some assurance that the team is in this for the long-haul.
M

Posted Oct 05, 2023 in: Any other 2Do users, out there?
  • M
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2023
Today, after literally years of using the 2Do app as my mobile front-end task list and synching to Toodledo so that I could also edit on the web, I noticed a warning message in 2Do about a synch failure, or something. Ignored it, manually synched as I always do. Figured out that maybe my data wasn't being updated, reviewed my synch settings in 2Do - Toodledo folders got out of synch with 2Do lists, and now I can't synch data to Toodledo AT ALL.

I have deleted all data out of Toodledo, reset my synch settings, and tried to manually synch a number of times and, out of over 140 tasks, I end up with only THREE of them, in Toodledo.

I am not expecting help from Toodledo on this. Just wondering if any other 2Do users are having issues. I have contacted the 2Do support team, but they can be slow to respond.

This is a big reason I keep a backup of my task list in Excel! (Unfortunately, I only update it from my mobile data on a weekly basis...)
M

Posted Sep 28, 2023 in: Hide future tasks - by list?
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2023
Posted by martingchapman:
Its in "Account Settings" - "General Settings" - "Tasks"

Hope this helps

Thanks. Not quite what I was looking for, as the minimum timeframe there is one month, and I think that setting is for across-the-board.

I want the setting that is control on the task list > eyeball menu > Show/Hide > In the Future to be list-specific, and I don't think it currently is.
M

Posted Sep 12, 2023 in: Hide future tasks - by list?
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2023
I know that there's a preference, in settings, to save sorting BY LIST.

Wasn't there once an option to do the same for hiding future tasks?

If not - CAN there be?
M

Posted Jul 29, 2023 in: Upgrading my subscription
  • M
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2023
Thank you for responding. I *do* get the newsletters. The most recent efforts seem focused on the mobile apps. I am hopeful for a mobile app that will do nearly everything that the website can do. My greatest concern is the stability of the foundation of Toodledo, and the viability of this product continuing long-term, at the same affordable cost to end users. I'm hanging around to see what happens - just not putting all my eggs in the basket ... yet.
M

Posted Jun 30, 2023 in: Upgrading my subscription
  • M
  • Posted: Jun 30, 2023
'I have been using Toodledo for ... well, I guess I don't know how long, but a very, VERY long time.

When Jake (founder) announced he was selling, I first hoped that the new buyers (Pink Java) would be able to attack some of the roadmap/feature requests that Jake hadn't been able to get to. Eventually, I just hoped that they wouldn't kill the app.

When I heard that Pink Java had moved on and "the new team" (in 2021) had moved in, I was again optimistic - but, "once bitten, twice shy," I was extremely cautious about being too dependent on the app, now. I had already developed my own tasks database in Excel and a method for getting the tasks to my preferred front-end app that did NOT rely on Toodledo, due to the experience with Pink Java.

Eventually, seeing that "the new team" was going to communicate with users and was doing work to further development, I started using Toodledo again - but still not relying on it. I use Toodledo as a "backup backend" to my tasks database and as a web frontend, occasionally. I have stuck, due to my trepidation about its future, to a free subscription while I see how "the new team" handles requests from users.

I am not nearly as active on the forums, so it may be that I'm missing some communications. But I have, in the back of my mind, comments that Jake made ages ago about the core technology of Toodledo maybe being outdated and needing a rewrite (to be fair, those comments may have been in response to specific feature requests, but they've stuck with me).

I've gotten a request from "the new team" to consider upgrading my subscription. My loyalty to this platform makes me want to do that - IF I think that Toodledo is here for the long run and IF it continues to be the easy-to-use-and-insanely-flexible product that it has been for a long time.
M

• M
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2023
@SnowLeopard - are you seeing that this is now resolved, or is it a fluke in my data? My list appears to no longer contain future tasks.
M

Score: 1
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2023
  • Score: 1
Thanks for posting. Thought I was losing my mind. Definitely an issue!
M

• M
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2022
Click the profile icon (upper right), then "Profile & Settings."

Find "Fields/Functions Used." Is Star listed? If not, click Edit, and add it.

If it is listed - is it scrolled off to the right of the screen?
M

• M
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2022
When Toodledo started to "flake out," before you folks took over, I decided I couldn't rely on any external product anymore for my tasks tracking - and that any product I used would likely just be a "front end" for data I was now going to keep locally, in (for now) Excel.

So being able to "design my own" CSV import to Toodledo, using the fields I keep in my Excel table, would be great.
M

Posted Sep 04, 2022 in: Eyeball filter not working?
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 04, 2022
Should I report this as a bug? Just bumping one more time here, before I do...
M

Posted Aug 31, 2022 in: Eyeball filter not working?
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2022
Using TD on the web via browser, and viewing via https://tasks.toodledo.com/folders/, I have the "eyeball" filter for hiding future tasks turned ON - and it's hiding tasks with a start date of TODAY at midnight. (I don't use due dates at all.)

Shouldn't it be showing something that has a start date/time that has passed?
M

Posted Jul 05, 2022 in: Unable to use the Roadmap
  • M
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2022
Yep, that was it. I'm using Brave, but switching to Edge got me in.

thanks
M

Posted Jul 03, 2022 in: Unable to use the Roadmap
  • M
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2022
I am logged into my Toodledo account on the web, and I go to the Feature Request / Roadmap page - but, when I click the Log In link, the screen flashes, I get a "Redirecting..." message, and nothing else happens. I'm unable to log in, there, and unable to upvote a request that I really want to see implemented.

I'm guessing that maybe this is because of a tracker that I'm blocking, that canny.io requires? Any idea how to get to this site without weakening my browser security?
M

Posted Sep 20, 2021 in: A Message From Jake
Score: 3
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2021
  • Score: 3
Jake, I’m happy you’re still interested in this really amazing system that you created and, if you’ve been here since you sold to the previous owners and I badmouthed you on these forums for “bailing“ on us … I apologize (but the last group REALLY screwed up!).

I hope the new group is as dedicated as you always were to the product and its users.
M

Score: 2
  • M
  • Posted: Sep 03, 2021
  • Score: 2
I hope the new team realizes how badly burned some of the long-time users feel. That even a couple of days of quiet from them is disconcerting.

I got my hopes up briefly. I check back occasionally. I'm not feeling encouraged.
M

• M
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2021
@PamelaH,

I decided I couldn’t trust Toodledo, under the previous owners, to be around much longer so I switched my method of task tracking to 2Do. I greatly missed the ability to use Toodledo as its back and, for ease of access, but I just didn’t trust it anymore.

However, since the announcement that you folks have taken over and are developing the app again, I contacted the developer of 2Do, and asked them to be in touch with you to make sure that the two applications work well together as they have in the past.

They would like private and direct contact information for your team, other than the generalized info and support emails, if possible. (They have attempted contact many times over the last couple of years.). Is that something you would be willing to provide?
M

Posted Feb 27, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
  • M
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2021
Posted by bandit:
Posted by strativourakis:
The same app deveoper (Yoctoville, I think?) created a new app called "Errands"

I just looked at “Errands” and read the description. It seems very basic, but appears to have some good features and looks easy to use.

Just chiming in to say I've been a LONG time user of both Alarmed and Errands and LOVE them both. They do *not* replace Toodledo, in my opinion, and neither has been updated in many years. It's been a long time since I've communicated with him so I forget his name, but the developer is very nice and quite skilled, but seems to have fallen off the map as relates to future development.

So go ahead and try them both as supplements to a task manager, but don't expect much in the way of updates or feature additions.
M

Posted Jan 28, 2021 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2021
Posted by SquidgyFishy:
I love that the second biggest category was "sticking and hoping for a miracle"

Didn't get to answer the poll, but I'm in that category, too.

I kept taking regular backups thinking toodles would fail on me at any point, and in the end I just opened the xml backup in excel, did about 3 hours of formatting and saved it to my onedrive. Voila. I have an app.

I'm with you on this, as well. I've worked with Excel since it came to life (1987? Before that, Lotus 1-2-3), so I know there's longevity in the product. I can get my data in a text file, if I need it. I have my entire "database" of tasks in Excel and some VBA macros (that I cannot, unfortunately, use on my phone) to help me manage the tasks.

I have a process utilizing exports and URLs (as formulas, in my excel file) to move things into and out of the 2Do app, which has a great front end.

It's all a bit kludgy, but at least I know I (probably) will not lose my data.

I'm *so* disappointed in Toodledo. I often wonder if Jake ever looks upon what's happened to it with the same sadness. It was such a great product. Still works, even without active support.
M

Posted Jan 28, 2021 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2021
Posted by Ummagumma:
There's two major problems with using spreadsheets to track tasks:

1) They are not optimized for phone screen data entry and review. Sure, it can be done, but it grows really old really fast.

Excel for ios now has a "card view," but it needs a lot of work and your data has to "fit."
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next