ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
JonG

Posted Mar 28, 2012 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
  • JonG
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2012
  • Score: -1
I stopped using TD over a year ago and missed the re-design. Frankly, the old layout and design were part of why I stopped using it (I found it hard to use).

WOW! This redesign is amazingly better. I'm guess I'm glad I took a break and let you work out any kinks, and glad I decided to take another look. So far its great.

Thanks for keeping it advancing!
JonG

Posted May 22, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
Score: 0
  • JonG
  • Posted: May 22, 2010
  • Score: 0
<--- Blissfully unaware.

Congrats. That is quite an accomplishment, and definately worth trumpeting, since we clearly didn't notice.
JonG

Posted May 28, 2009 in: Slim version - Add Task missing
  • JonG
  • Posted: May 28, 2009
I'm using the Firefox plug-in and also noticed today that Add Task is missing. fyi
JonG

Posted Jul 28, 2008 in: Firefox Add-on Updated
  • JonG
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2008
Suggestion for the Firefox Add-on (perhaps other slim versions also):

I think we need a navigation control for navigating up one level from the current view. Perhaps more implementation of the breadcrums available on some views.

E.g. I view a task in a folder and want to look at other tasks in the same folder. How do I get back to the folder list (i.e. up one level)? Also, if I add a sub-task to an existing task, how do I get back to the parent task so I can add another sub-task?

When navigating Contexts or Folders you give breadcrums at the top to go back, but not in the examples I cited. If I click the Toodledo icon I go to the start, if I click refresh I get to my default view.

ThanX for considering.
(p.s. looking forward to a better date picker too.)

This message was edited Jul 28, 2008.
JonG

Score: -1
  • JonG
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2008
  • Score: -1
I may be talking about things I don't understand, but if you synced with Mac OS/X Sync Services, wouldn't that open up a lot of other possibilities for devices and applications that also support Sync Services? Just a thought off the top of mind.

Oh, and I second (or third, or fourth) the native Blackberry option. Much as I love the idea of an iPhone, there are a lot more of us Blackberry users out here (for now).

I'll post some interface suggestions elsewhere. ThanX for the good work as you keep advancing.

This message was edited Jul 28, 2008.
JonG

Posted Jul 02, 2008 in: How are you using Folders?
Score: 1
  • JonG
  • Posted: Jul 02, 2008
  • Score: 1
Great ideas everyone, thanks for sharing. Everyone finds the methods that work for them.

GTD "Projects" are outcomes you want to achieve, with more than one action, completed within a year. I already have 16 folders--ok a couple should probably be goals--and more I need to add. I've struggled with Toodledo folders because I find them hard to work with in this volume. I need to add folders/projects quickly and on the fly (almost at the same time as tasks). I need to be able to list folders/projects for review and to print them to take with me.

Still, Toodledo gives me access from home or work which helps solve my Mac at home, Windows at work challenge, and seems more complete in other ways than other tools I've looked at. Hoping for more development and flexibility added to folders over time.

Appreciate suggestions and thoughts.

This message was edited Jul 02, 2008.