ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Brianus"
Brianus

Posted Dec 22, 2020 in: Can't unsubscribe
Score: 0
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Dec 22, 2020
  • Score: 0
My account auto-renews in 2 days and the subscription portal no longer works (it's supposed to send a one-time use password to my email address but it never arrives -- yes, I've checked junk, re-sent it, etc).

What am I supposed to do about this? I do not want to be billed for a dead product.
Brianus

Posted Mar 14, 2019 in: Page reload when task completed
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2019
Yes, yikes! SO ANNOYING!

Did somebody on the team= when they meant to == ?
Brianus

Posted Sep 16, 2015 in: Toodledo for Apple Watch
Score: 1
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2015
  • Score: 1
Posted by michelbjorn:

I must echo ken.michaud's request. I myself am a dedicated Pebble Time owner but you can not put resources on such a small implementation when there is a lot more work to be done with your core services.

(Added functionality and increase social interaction is one, faster task enrichment with keyboard shortcuts is another)

I could not possibly disagree more strongly - I continue using Toodledo despite its ever-expanding plethora of competition because the core services are so strong already, and do things that other task managers can't (how ANYONE uses a todo list that lacks Toodledo's ability to filter out future tasks is beyond me, but as far as I can see, that describes EVERY OTHER app out there). But what I give up in order to get Toodledo's functionality is strong platform support. I weep to see, for instance, Wunderlist's comprehensive support for various platforms, including a very slick Apple Watch app and Mac app (both of which run circles around Toodledo's frankly half-hearted attempts). As far as I'm concerned, Toodledo is feature-complete; it just needs to bring those features to every device.

This message was edited Sep 16, 2015.
Brianus

Posted Jul 29, 2015 in: Toodledo for Apple Watch
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2015
Posted by Jake:
Currently, the phone app is in charge of updating the watch. This is how Apple has designed it to work. For this reason, the app must be launched for the hotlist to be updated and the new numbers to be sent to the watch. I know this isn't perfect, and Apple is planning to change this in the next update to the Apple Watch.

I know the watch has to communicate with its host iPhone app and vice-versa to do anything useful. However, other apps have managed to get it work in such a way that doesn't require the user to *manually* open the iPhone app in order to push and pull updates to and from the server. Just some examples that I use:

- RunKeeper: saves completed runs to the server as soon as you hit the button on the watch. No direct interaction with phone app required
- Deliveries: automatically refreshes info from the server when opened; also has a button on the watch which manually requests updated info from the server. Items can be archived or deleted from the watch UI
- BBC News, USA Today, NY Times, any number of news apps refresh their watch UIs with new articles without having to open up their iPhone app manually

The trouble is, Toodledo's watch app doesn't do this. It pulls info from the iPhone app, but only whatever was last synced to it (so it can be out of date if the iPhone app hasn't synced in awhile); and the watch app can make changes to the synced list in the iPhone app automatically, but these changes are not actually *applied* (pushed to Toodledo's servers) until the user manually opens the iPhone app. Based on the examples of other apps above, I don't know why this should require an update from Apple in order to improve it.
Brianus

Posted Apr 27, 2015 in: Apple Watch
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2015
So I got my Apple Watch on Friday and of course the first third-party app I installed was Toodledo. Here are my impressions after using it for a few days:

Loading:
The app sometimes loads slowly, though I think this is mainly a problem with Apple's setup for third-party apps. Almost all of them have this problem so I don't think I can fault Toodledo for it. I will say that load times seem to get better over time, and generally once the app is loaded (you can see your list) updates happen quickly. A great many of the third-party apps I've tried are so slow as to be unusable, or have issues with communicating with their host app (ie, signed in on the phone but watch doesn't recognize it). I would say Toodledo doesn't seem to have any serious bugs in this area. It is actually usable.

List Interface:
There are no section headings! This is a big omission. I organize my tasks by Context and occasionally like to do it by Start Date. Unfortunately, while all the tasks do appear to be sorted the same way they are in the iPhone app, there are no section headings so I just have to guess/rememeber what the context is. But this is crucial info to me... I don't even know what the background colors or those little triangles on the side of each task represent; I just want my Contexts! Also, while having one line per task I guess helps in scrolling through long lists, it means all but the shortest task names are truncated - sometimes uselessly so, so I'm not even sure what the task is. I really think multi-line tasks would be better. Or you could have the task names automatically scroll horizontally if they're too long.

Drill-down task interface:
Something's missing here - almost all of my tasks show only the title when I drill down. Where are all the fields? Sometimes a due date will be displayed, or the start of a Note, but that's it. I'd really like to see all my fields, at least all the ones I have selected by default in the iPhone app. There's just a lot of wasted empty space here. Also: just like in the list interface, task titles are truncated! So there's nowhere in the watch interface I can see the full task name. One thing that works well, though, is when you drill down into a Note; you can see the entire text and scroll through it if it's a big one. That was very useful.

Editing:
I'm sure you guys are working on adding tasks via Dictation (right???? :p). I was pleased to see you did actually add task completion (despite our exchange above), but there are a couple of issues with it: 1 - you need to drill down on a task and then force-touch to complete. Now, a force touch menu with complete/delete and maybe some other options makes sense on the drill-down screen, but what if we want to quickly mark tasks completed, one after the other? That's a lot of presses. I think a checkbox in the List view, in addition to multi-line tasks, would make a lot of sense here. Issue 2 - task changes made on the Watch don't actually "take" on Toodledo's servers until you manually open the iPhone app. There's got to be a better way to do it - other apps can do stuff like that without manual interaction with the phone, which kinda defeats the purpose of doing it on your wrist.

Anyway - I want to thank the developers for working on the app and getting it released in time for the Apple Watch debut. I don't think I even would have gotten the watch if I didn't think it'd have Toodledo on it! Though I think there's plenty of room for improvement, the app is usable and stable and I'm pretty certain it's going to be a regular part of my daily routine from now on. I look forward to seeing what else you add to it.
Brianus

Posted Apr 10, 2015 in: Apple Watch
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2015
Posted by Jake:
The initial version of the Watch app will have the ability to get alarms and view your task list.

So the initial version is read-only? No way to mark a task as completed?
Brianus

• Brianus
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2015
Yep, same here. I'm on Eastern Standard Time so it's been kicking in for me at 6PM, only on my iPhone and iPad (Mac menubar app and website are unaffected). This is a pretty serious usability issue as it basically renders Toodledo useless in the evening.

This seems like it would be a simple enough bug to fix though - it looks like they're using GMT for everybody instead of taking time zones into account. The reviews on iTunes are all filled with complaints about this bug now. What gives, Toodledo?
Brianus

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: Toodledo Mac App (Fluid): iOS style
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2011
OK I've uploaded a new version that takes into account the redesign. It's not perfect but it works.
Brianus

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Toodledo Mac App (Fluid): iOS style
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Unfortunately Toodledo's redesign has trashed my Userscript.. now it looks like crap. Ugh. The site even warns that it's "incompatible" with the site redesign, but how does it know that? Are all userscripts incompatible now? Grr.
Brianus

Posted Jul 12, 2011 in: iPhone App Not Displaying Some Tasks
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Jul 12, 2011
In the last four or five days ive noticed a serious new bug I hadn't seen before: the iPhone app is not displaying every task that I can see in the webapp. This is with all filters disabled. I haven't been able to figure out what makes the missing tasks different from the others, but it's definitely not syncing everything anymore. Has anyone else noticed this? This is a BIG problem, I hope it gets fixed soon.
Brianus

Posted Jan 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Mac App (Fluid): iOS style
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2011
Some of you may have seen this third-party Mac app for Toodledo posted awhile ago:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/190/0/toodledo-desktop-client-for-mac-kinda.html

I use it, but have developed a new skin for it, based on Toodledo's official iPhone/iPad app and inspired by the iOS-OS X hybrid interface of the new iPhoto. I've also included a new icon. See links below.

App + Stylesheet: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15756266/Downloads/Toodledo.zip
To install the stylesheet:
1. Open the app and click the script icon in the menu bar.
2. Select "Open Userscripts Folder", and place the "toodledoioslike.js" file into that folder.
3. Go back to the script menu and select "Reload All Userscript."
4. Open the script menu again and select "Toodledo iOS Style."
5. Reload the page by pressing Command-R.
Brianus

Posted Apr 05, 2009 in: IMAP/RSS watch folder feature
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Apr 05, 2009
I was just thinking of something similar, though it is application-specific. Apple's Mail.app stores To-Do's in an IMAP mailbox called "Apple Mail To Do", with each message being a to-do with custom headers describing the properties of the to do item. Would be great if Toodledo could read these mailboxes; I'm sure a lot of Mac users with IMAP accounts have them.
Brianus

Score: 3
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Apr 04, 2009
  • Score: 3
CalDav please! While it's nice to be able to see my ToDo list in iCal, it's kind of useless right now since the ToDo's aren't editable there. CalDav would solve that problem..

Also, in all connections, the ability to filter the to-do's would be nice, as can already be done with the API. For instance, I'd like to get a .ics file of just my hotlist.
Brianus

Posted Mar 31, 2009 in: When startdate = undefined
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2009
Hi, in the search API ("getTasks"), is there any way to search for tasks that have NO start date (or no due, completion, or modified date for that matter)? Currently we get to choose between 'startbefore' and 'startafter' but that's not much help for null dates.

I'm trying to essentially replicate my hotlist, which includes both start-less tasks and tasks starting today and earlier. I can't seem to find a way to narrow it down without simply grabbing everything and then filtering the results myself, which is less than ideal...
Brianus

Posted Feb 10, 2009 in: Use of '>' in Dates on iPhone
  • Brianus
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2009
Hi, I am all ready to purchase the iPhone Toodledo app. This is a wonderful service you guys provide and I'm really excited to see it's finally available in a native format for the iPhone. One feature toodledo has that none of the other online task managers have (that I've seen so far) is the ability to prefix due dates with a '>' to indicate you don't want that task to show up in your list until that date. I use this feature quite extensively with the web version, and I want to know if tasks can be entered that way in the iPhone version too. If not, I'll have to stick to the web. Please let me know. Thanks,

Brian