ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Curt"
Curt

Posted Jan 09, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
  • Curt
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2019
  • Score: 0
We need to have our own separate Task lists, but have the ability to delegate tasks back and forth. I do like that the 3 of us can see each other's lists from our own accounts and can set specific permissions as to which lists each can see (ie. my wife can see everything I have to do, but my assistant can only see items under our business folder).

I use Toodledo currently about 50% of the time on my Macbook Pro and 50% on my iPhone. I fly internationally a lot and want an app that can work offline so I can update my list while airborne and then sync when it gets internet after we land; If the web/macbook version did this as well, that would be helpful. I'm connected most of the time since I have an unlimited international data plan for my iPhone.

I do not really care about history, habits, and many of the other add on features. However, I do need to have a memo or other section that can provide more detail about the task. Subtasks are useful but not mandatory. I like the ability to have reminders whether they be pop-ups, emails or texts. Something that integrates well with Google calendar and Alexa would be helpful. I want something that is easy to use and does not require much tinkering or work-arounds to get it to sync properly with all devices. And lastly, something where there is good customer service that responds to questions or requests.

Thanks for the help!
Curt

Posted Jan 08, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 4
  • Curt
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2019
  • Score: 4
Has anyone tested out RTM vs Ticktick? Any recommendations between the two for someone who uses all Apple products and needs to collaborate between 3 people? I don't mind paying for the service, but our needs are pretty simple and might be able to use the free versions if they afford collaboration.

We've had 3 Silver subscriptions over the last 10 years, but in order to collaborate now, we would be forced to pay 3 times the amount for the newly designated "Plus" account that has absolutely nothing extra we need other than the collaboration between 3 users. Unless Aaron decides to include 3 collaboration users under the "Standard" Plan (still an increase from $20/yr to $36/yr!), we will be moving on to another platform. Not interested in paying $180/year for 3 Plus accounts and not happy with the empty promises and lack of communication. What should have happened is all current Toodledo users should have been grandfathered in under our current accounts. A modest 20% increase from $20 to $25 year would have been tolerable and would have most likely been accepted by most. A 300% increase is just stupid.
Curt

Posted Dec 16, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Curt
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2018
Posted by DrFrankBuck:
Remember the Milk allows for collaboration in the free version. Take a look. I think you will be pleased at what you see.

Posted by Curt:
Other than the concern about privacy that I posted previously (still not comfortable with the answer from Aaron or the ambiguous policy esp. with no easy Opt Out button anywhere), I have remained silent as I read the various posts. I still question whether our data is being used for tracking/profit.

We've had three Silver collaborator accounts for over 10 years and although what I believed was a little pricey at $20/year for how we use each of them, they serve our purpose of being able to track our own task items and delegate or share other tasks from both laptop or cell phone app that sync. We don't really need all of the bells and whistles like Habits, long history, Notes, Scheduler, etc. I'm sure that is all very helpful to those that use them, but not something that we use or benefits us. So at $20 each and $60/year total for 3 accounts, it has been tolerable. But now that the Payment Subscription Categories are changing, any paying subscriber is forced at a minimum to pay $36/year (or $108 for three accounts in our case) for some of the basic items we already have.....almost double the price with a lot less features...including the only one we really care about...collaboration. So now to get the collaboration for the three of us, we are forced to go up another level up with more of the features we don't need, but already have with our Silver account. That takes us to $60 each or $180 a year total....a 300% increase with less features!

I remember when the announcement was made that there was going to be new ownership not so long ago and we were assured by the new owners that no drastic changes would be made. Well, I haven't noticed any real productivity or feature improvements, but going from $20/year to $36/year with a lot fewer features, in my opinion, is definitely drastic. Tripling the cost with no increase in performance and still less features is ludicrous and business suicide! There is no way I am paying $180 for a To Do program! I think management is critically miscalculating Toodledo users loyalty to the point where I am seriously concerned that there will be an exodus of paying subscribers as their subscriptions expire and that there will be very few new members that will splurge on a To Do list that has much more affordable competition. Then there have been so many other inconsistencies in the communication (and recently lack thereof) that I don't feel like I can trust anything new that is said about future development and pricing or trust whether my privacy is in fact at risk.

Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement program that has collaboration for at least three users and both laptop and app capability?

Thanks Frank, I'll give RTM another look. RTM was a final contender when we chose Toodledo almost 11 years ago. There weren't that many to choose from back then, now there are a plethora of programs.....almost too many.

Anyone else have feedback on RTM? Or have a different suggestion for a To Do program that offers collaboration for 3 users?
Curt

Posted Dec 13, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Curt
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2018
Posted by roaz:
Take a look at ClickUp, it is worth serious consideration. While you may have to adjust your work flow and approach, I found it a worthwhile effort. I use Evernote basic, a free plan to replace Notes.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the suggestion Roaz. Are you using ClickUp now and if so, is it working well for you and how do you use it? I also have been using Evernote basic this year and am happy with the capabilities of how you can easily insert pictures and webpage data right into the note and that I can sync notes between my MacBook Pro and iPhone; if you want to add another device, you then need to upgrade to a paid account.
Curt

• Curt
Posted by Ummagumma:
Curt,

It all depends on what features you need and what platforms you use.

Out of basic free services from major players, MS ToDo has grown into a quite capable and well designed solution. It is still somewhat feature limited compared to Toodledo, but has much better features overall vs iCloud Reminders or Google Tasks. There are three main issues with it:

1. You can’t use it with Outlook or Outlook.com as there’s a sync bug that messes up due dates. Which is not an issue if your laptop runs Windows 10, you can just install ToDo app.
2. AFAIK it still doesn’t have location based reminders.
3. It now finally has a “Master” view of tasks across different lists, but it only works on tasks with Due dates, and can only be sorted by date.

It does have advantages over iCloud or GTasks - a Reminder date separate from Due date (so it can be used as Start time), the ability to “Star” a task, the ability to add a task to “My Day” view, and an elegant tagging system based on plaintext tags.

And of course the big advantage is that it is cross platform and is unlikely to become a paid / subscription service or get bought out.

As I pretty much gave up on trying to use shared task lists with my family members (they prefer texting) and I have to use Outlook at work, this is not what I use. I sync Outlook at home and at work to iCloud Reminders, and use a program called GoodTask for iOS to add features on top of what Reminders offers and maintain feature parity with Outlook. This solution is not cross platform, i.e. it won’t work when you have people with Android and Apple devices in your group.

Thanks for the response guys!!
Sounds like you are well versed in the different Task Mgmt options. We pretty much went from a notepad to a Word doc to Toodledo. So, I'm not really knowledgeable about what is available, but with the 300% price increase, I will quickly learn. We have a small team of three that work together and use it as a simple way to manage our business (and personal for me) tasks and delegate them back and forth on occasion. We already use Podio to collaborate on/setup business system processes and checklists, use BoxSync for sharing/storing documents, Google Calendar to track personal and business appointments and Buildium to manage property and tenants. So for a simple Task Managment software, here is a list of the things we use and want.

1) The ability to use it on two Macbook Pro laptops, one PC, two iPhones, an one android.
2) Have the ability to use it offline on an iPhone and have it sync when we connect to the internet. I travel a lot on airplanes and use the time I'm not connected during taxi out to update my list.
3) The ability to share and delegate tasks between collaborators. I like the feature Toodledo has that allows me to selectively choose which Folder my assistant/office manager can see (ie. They can view my business tasks, but can't see personal tasks).
4) A way to prioritize tasks visually and sort them in a logical manner (I think almost every task management program does this).
5) The ability to search in both laptop and cell phone app.
6) Be able to add notes with more detail about the task
7) Have customizable reminders with the ability to choose format (ie. popup, text, email)

If any of the big dogs (Google, MS, Apple, etc) had a platform that handled those things, I would be more inclined to spend my time moving there and learning their system as in my opinion, they have the resources to keep improving the software and there is a higher probability that will remain in business longer; not to mention the price is either free or cheap. It would be nice if something integrated well with one of the software systems mentioned above (Google Cal, Podio, Box) but I'm not really sure how that would look or what exactly I mean by that question. I guess I just want something that is simple and intuitive and if I can have fewer programs to keep open or review the better.

Any suggestions??
I'd also love to hear from any other small business owners or property managers as to what systems they have designed that work well for them.

Thank you!
Curt

Score: 3
  • Curt
  • Score: 3
Other than the concern about privacy that I posted previously (still not comfortable with the answer from Aaron or the ambiguous policy esp. with no easy Opt Out button anywhere), I have remained silent as I read the various posts. I still question whether our data is being used for tracking/profit.

We've had three Silver collaborator accounts for over 10 years and although what I believed was a little pricey at $20/year for how we use each of them, they serve our purpose of being able to track our own task items and delegate or share other tasks from both laptop or cell phone app that sync. We don't really need all of the bells and whistles like Habits, long history, Notes, Scheduler, etc. I'm sure that is all very helpful to those that use them, but not something that we use or benefits us. So at $20 each and $60/year total for 3 accounts, it has been tolerable. But now that the Payment Subscription Categories are changing, any paying subscriber is forced at a minimum to pay $36/year (or $108 for three accounts in our case) for some of the basic items we already have.....almost double the price with a lot less features...including the only one we really care about...collaboration. So now to get the collaboration for the three of us, we are forced to go up another level up with more of the features we don't need, but already have with our Silver account. That takes us to $60 each or $180 a year total....a 300% increase with less features!

I remember when the announcement was made that there was going to be new ownership not so long ago and we were assured by the new owners that no drastic changes would be made. Well, I haven't noticed any real productivity or feature improvements, but going from $20/year to $36/year with a lot fewer features, in my opinion, is definitely drastic. Tripling the cost with no increase in performance and still less features is ludicrous and business suicide! There is no way I am paying $180 for a To Do program! I think management is critically miscalculating Toodledo users loyalty to the point where I am seriously concerned that there will be an exodus of paying subscribers as their subscriptions expire and that there will be very few new members that will splurge on a To Do list that has much more affordable competition. Then there have been so many other inconsistencies in the communication (and recently lack thereof) that I don't feel like I can trust anything new that is said about future development and pricing or trust whether my privacy is in fact at risk.

Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement program that has collaboration for at least three users and both laptop and app capability?
Curt

Posted Oct 25, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
  • Curt
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2018
  • Score: 1
SECURITY/PRIVACY ALERT!!!

Much more important than the super steep price increase with reduced benefits that has been announced despite the reassurance from Sam three months ago that current user pricing would be essentially grandfathered in, (“Please note that there is no plan to increase the price of current paying users.“) is HUGE tidbit that wasn’t announced, emailed or highlighted, but appears to have been already implemented under the radar….

YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS BEING OR IS GOING TO BE SOLD!!

According to the other thread started in this forum here: (https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26265/0/new-privacy-policy-advertisements.html), it appears Toodledo is now going to be selling our personal data/profile to advertisers! I have been a loyal Silver user for 10 years with two other collaborator accounts, but you breach the trust of my personal privacy and I'm out of here. I don't care if the price is free! It's a non-negotiable! Make sure you read you read the old and new privacy policy linked below. I was not notified of any upcoming privacy policy change! There is no “Opt Out” function to keep my data from being shared. I never did, or would, authorize my data to be analyzed and shared to any third party for marketing or any other purpose where there is an additional risk of another data breach like we’ve seen in recent news!

Aaron, is this really true?? Was sharing our data the real reason for the purchase? Please say it isn’t so. I, like most every user, do not want my personally identifiable information shared with anyone! Opt me out! With the amount of super detailed and personal information that many of us trust to be safe inside this software, I believe you will have you a large falling out of users, like me, that will move to another option where our private data is kept private. Would you consider immediately reinstating and honoring the old privacy policy that was in place and that all of the loyal Toodledo customers over the years counted on to keep our data safe? Please let know asap.

New Privacy Policy: https://www.toodledo.com/info/privacy.php
Old Privacy Policy: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26265/0/new-privacy-policy-advertisements.html
Curt

• Curt
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2009
Signed up for a Pro account over a year ago with Toodledo instead of RTM because of the promise that offline access was "in the works". Getting tired of waiting. Please make this PRIORITY #1!
Curt

Posted Apr 17, 2009 in: Offline access via Google Gears ?
  • Curt
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2009
Signed up for a Pro account over a year ago with Toodledo instead of RTM because of the promise that offline access was "in the works". Getting tired of waiting. Please make this PRIORITY #1!
Curt

• Curt
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2009
What happened to the Toodledo Widget for MAC? It no longer works with the new version of Firefox. It was a great way to use Toodledo offline!
Curt

Posted Jan 11, 2009 in: Offline Access - Google Gears
  • Curt
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2009
I agree that this would be the feature that would make Toodledo hands down the interface to use. I fly internationally quite a bit and hate to have to use time on the ground to update my To Dos when I could be using the long drone time. I have tons of friends and colleagues that would be all over this app if it had offline usage. Please also put me in the beta testers.