ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by cliftonr"
cliftonr

Score: 0
  • cliftonr
  • Posted: Aug 06, 2011
  • Score: 0
I've posted a new style which I designed specifically to work with the new layout at: http://userstyles.org/styles/51883/toodledo-minimalist-style-for-new-layout

It's somewhat inspired by earnjam's MAC OS X style, mainly in trying to keep the focus on the relevant information of the relevant tasks. To me, having it look Mac-like wasn't important - in fact it keeps the overall look of the new site design - but hiding all the unused options and fields was critical.

I can't find what's relevant in a sea of "None" "No context" "No date" etc. Also, I found the default color-coding unhelpful.

In the version I've just posted, it also downsizes the top banner and left menu bar to leave more screen space for your tasks and to-dos, and converts the latter into a menu box which pops out when you mouse-over it.

With these changes, I find the tasks page much more usable. Try it if you like, and I hope you enjoy it.
cliftonr

Posted Aug 01, 2011 in: Locations: How do You use Them?
  • cliftonr
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2011
Posted by ScottMNC:
I was using RTM and it would give me an alert when near a location for a task. Toodle has location available on the web app, but I can't find a way to use it on my Android. Anyone know of any Android apps that support the location feature?

I'm afraid I can't help with Android apps, but the ToodleDo locations integrate perfectly with the 2Do app on the iPhone.

For myself, I use "Locations" to associate things to do with physical locations, e.g. show the "Pick up cat food" task when I'm near the vet, or "Gas the car" when near Costco. I use contexts for hiding home activities so they aren't distracting me when I'm at work, and vice versa; somewhat like folders, but not exactly.
cliftonr

Posted Jul 31, 2011 in: syncronice iphone 4
  • cliftonr
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2011
I like the 2Do app for iPhone.

I actually started with that, and then it led me to ToodleDo, so to speak, when I learned it could sync with ToodleDo. Now I use the web interface when I'm at my computer, the iPhone when I'm away from it, and sync them a couple times a day.
cliftonr

Posted Jul 31, 2011 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • cliftonr
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2011
I've been using the Mac OSX style with ToodleDo since I signed up. To me, having it look Mac-like wasn't important, but hiding all the unused options and fields was critical - I can't find what's relevant in the sea of "None" "No context" "No date" etc. Also, I found the default color-coding horrible.

For anyone else who felt the same way, here is a quickie user style that works with the new site while you wait for the MacOSX style to be finished again. (I hope it will show up properly here; I'll post it to userstyles.org later when I've created a login.)

Choose "Write new style" from the Firefox Stylish icon, or "Add" from the Chrome options page; set title as "New ToodleDo minimalist" and add the following content:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document url-prefix('http://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php'), url-prefix('https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php') {

.row:hover, .row .dett:hover{background-color:#EDF7FF !important;}
.subtasks .row:hover,.subtasks .row .dett:hover{background-color:#DBF0FF !important;}

.subtasks:hover {background-color:#EDF7FF !important;}

.pri3, .pri3 span, .status1, .status1 span { color:#C00000 !important; }

.pri2, .pri2 span { color:#00179B !important; }

.date3 { color: #C00000 !important; }

.date2 { color: #217000 !important; }

.dim { color:transparent !important; background-color:transparent !important; }
.dim:hover { color: #999 !important; background-color:#fff!important; }

.dimish { color: #999 !important; }

}

That should partly de-emphasize the highlighting when hovering on a task, and hide all the "dim" entries for "None"/etc. until you point the mouse to the field. Also changes the "Top"/"High" colors a bit. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the left margin menu section shrink/expand as needed.