ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by AlanW_2"
AlanW_2

Score: 0
  • AlanW_2
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2018
  • Score: 0
Hi All,
I have used Toodledo for many years and highly valued the feature of being able to sort my first parameter by Task/Subtask, then Priority, then Due date. It seems that the ability to sort by Task/Subtask is no longer available. This is sorely missed, as it enabled me to group activities, without having to set up a high number of Contexts.

What happened to the Task/Subtask being removed as a sort parameter?
Also, are there any other ideas to accomplish sorting the subtasks under the Tasks?
AlanW_2

• AlanW_2
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2018
Hello,
I find it helpful to use my first sort as "Sorted by Parent/SubTask", my second sort is Priority, then my 3rd sort is Due Date.
I have a lot of subtasks and once I expand the Parent Task, I expect to see the corresponding sub-task sorted by Priority, then Due date. However, it doesn't do so. I have checked my settings and my Settings/General Settings/Tasks/Subtasks - is set to : sorting the subtasks to Sort nested subtasks automatically by the same criteria as the main list.

I can't figure out what the sort order is that is displaying, but it isn't Priority and then date. I can send a screen shot if that helps.
AlanW_2

• AlanW_2
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2012
Why don't you export and then edit the list and re-import the to do list items? That alone would be well worth the annual subscription!

Posted by Tyler:
Just want to add my vote for an easy-to-access multi-edit that doesn't require using search.

Related Note -- I love how feature-rich TD is, but the UI is consistently limited to editing/moving single tasks at a time, greatly increasing mouse clicks. Would love it if multi-edit feature was as simple as highlighting/checking off/marking a bunch of tasks in a list and being able to do something all at once to those tasks (move them as subtasks, change their folder, tags, etc.) I find myself making notes on paper first and then entering because that way I don't have to get distracted by moving single tasks around.

Posted by Toodledo:
Sorry, thats the way it currently works. The checkbox is for competing the task. If we had two checkboxes (one for checking it off and another for selecting it to perform some sort of bulk-edit), things would get really confusing.

I think it could be done in a way that was not confusing. For example, perhaps being able to highlight tasks rather than check them (for multi-edit), or putting the checkbox for multi-edit at the end of the line instead of the beginning, etc.

I'm a WordPress user, and I've seen this kind of feature in certain WordPress tables (usually plug-ins, although I think in the more recent versions of WP, there are some native tables like this).