ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by earnjam"
earnjam

Posted Jan 04, 2012 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2012
  • Score: 0
This has been rehashed many times. It really wouldn't take much for them to hire a quality web designer/css whiz to take exactly what is already here and make it look nice without changing anything from a programming standpoint. Just look at what some of us have been able to do with only CSS overrides.

However, for whatever reason, Toodledo has clearly chosen not to go that route and instead want to focus entirely on the back-end. I question that logic a bit. While the focus on the back end has put them as one of the best services available, a high quality web interface would push them over the top and make this far and away the best ToDo list software/service out there. IMO, a more attractive, user-friendly UI would put most other companies offering similar services out of business. I think a small investment there would lead to a surge in new users.

All that said...if you want a prettier UI than what they're offering, your best bet is to just take advantage of one of the different userstyles that can be applied with the Stylish browser plugin or chose a different service.

There were numerous styles available for the old UI, but they don't work anymore since the update. I have updated my most popular one (the MacOSX style) to work with the new UI. It's available here: http://userstyles.org/styles/41218/toodledo-macosx-version-2

I hope to add a few more high quality options when I get some free time to work on them.
earnjam

Posted Dec 27, 2011 in: [UserStyle] MacOSX v2.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2011
I've just posted an update with initial support for Firefox now.

I haven't done much testing yet, but it looks like it works pretty well so far.
earnjam

Posted Dec 19, 2011 in: [UserStyle] MacOSX v2.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 19, 2011
I just pushed out an update to fix some bugs, add some new toolbar design enhancements, and remove the borders/adjust spacing on multi-line mode as suggested by PeterW above.
earnjam

Posted Dec 18, 2011 in: [UserStyle] MacOSX v2.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2011
Thanks! Those tabs seemed useless because it's pretty evident whether you are viewing tasks or notes. I didn't see the need for them to be so large.

Fortunately with their redesign, I haven't felt the need to make quite as many UI improvements as I had to before. I left a lot the same, just with small tweaks. With the previous Toodledo design, I did a lot of drastic changes in repositioning toolbars and such.

I don't typically use Multi-line mode, so I hadn't noticed those outlines before, but I'll add your snippet to the style. It's definitely an improvement. Those outlines and the extra spacing seem rather pointless.
earnjam

Posted Dec 17, 2011 in: [UserStyle] MacOSX v2.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2011
Thanks Peter. I've already found a few bugs and I hadn't done the styling on the Search view, so I'll probably have an update for it later this weekend.
earnjam

Posted Dec 16, 2011 in: [UserStyle] MacOSX v2.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2011
Wow, I just realized that I posted the new version exactly 1 year to the day after I released the original version of this UserStyle. Total coincidence, but pretty cool.
earnjam

Posted Dec 16, 2011 in: [UserStyle] MacOSX v2.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2011
I finally got around to working on the updated version of the Mac OSX Userstyle I created. I've just posted the updated version on UserStyles.org.

It's available here:
http://userstyles.org/styles/41218/toodledo-macosx-version-2

It's still a work in progress, but I figured it was ready enough for people to start playing with it and help me with finding the bugs. As of now, I've only tested in Chrome, but I plan on making it compatible with both Chrome and Firefox.

Let me know if you have suggestions and/or bugs to report.

Enjoy!
earnjam

Score: 1
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2011
  • Score: 1
Good work @cliftonr!

I'm getting close to done with the latest iteration of the MacOSX userstyle. It's fully functional now, just need to tweak a few more padding issues and it will be ready for the first release.

I've also got a few ideas for other userstyles with the new layout. The folks at Toodledo made a lot of improvements with this new layout and it's a lot easier to work with this time around. I'm also considering building some userscripts that would improve the functionality even more (adding a toggle switch for left sidebar open/closed, etc.).

This message was edited Aug 12, 2011.
earnjam

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 2
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
  • Score: 2
Hey everyone, I developed the MacOSX Userstyle theme for Toodledo (http://userstyles.org/styles/41218/toodledo-macosx)

Just wanted to post for those interested, I plan on updating it to work with the new redesign. I will warn you, however, that it might take a bit because they don't appear to be using any of the same ids and classes, so I basically have to start from scratch.

That is good and bad.
- Bad because it will require a lot of work (the old style modified ~250 ids or classes with anywhere from 1-15 css adjustments each).
- Good because I hopefully can address some of the issues with the old design that were impossible to change with just CSS, and I can use this as an opportunity to update the design some and bring it into the era of Snow Leopard/Lion.

I'll post a thread in the Tips and Tricks forum once I get it done and I'll also update the Userstyle linked above, so you won't have to install a new one, just do the update through Stylish.

Cheers!
earnjam
earnjam

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Since the recent redesign, this style has been completely broken. While Toodledo looks much better by default than it used to, I still think it's somewhat of an eyesore. I know this userstyle had a large following, so I'd like to work on an update for it, but it will require a complete rewrite because they did not use any of the same IDs or classes. It will take some time.

Please check back in the future for updates. I'll post a new thread with version 2.0 once it is ready. Should have some nice improvements to better reflect OSX Lion and just improve the look in general.

- earnjam

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
earnjam

Posted May 20, 2011 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: May 20, 2011
Posted by piyush_soni:
Hi earnjam, your style is so intuitive that I almost feel I'm going to open 'that menu' when I move my mouse over on the tabs. But when it doesn't happen, I feel bad momentarily. :)

So I started to write a script for this, called it MacOSX Theme Helper. It's in initial stages, but I need styling help from you to complete it. How can I reach you? :) .. I don't want to mess up this public forum.

Nice! I've thought about that myself, but never gotten around to working on it. You can email me at [email protected]

Also regarding the sort filter, AJS...that's a good point. I thought it was fine where it was because it didn't take up much space, but I could probably work it into a window (similar to the other toggle options) that opens and closes with clicks. I'll play with it and see what I can come up with.

This message was edited May 20, 2011.
earnjam

Posted May 09, 2011 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: May 09, 2011
I know this comes a few months late, but I've made a few updates to the style.

It now supports HTTPS. If you have encryption checked on your Toodledo settings, the style will work. (thanks to jlaker for pointing this out)

I also added the Importance level 11 to the styling. (thanks jshands for noticing this)

AJS, as far as colors on priorities, I tweaked them to be bold/red for Top, bold/blue for High, normal/black for Medium, slightly smaller/grey for Low. I think that fits the levels a little better and may work better for you.

Hope all that helps!
earnjam

Posted Jan 08, 2011 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
Score: -1
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2011
  • Score: -1
Thanks for pointing that out. I've fixed the bug and updated the style.
earnjam

Posted Dec 30, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2010
This isnt Toodledo related, but I'm working on a Gmail version of this style if anyone is interested.

http://userstyles.org/styles/42048
earnjam

• earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 28, 2010
I updated it to fix the problem with the AddTask form.

What are you talking about with the TOC stepping into the task area? I haven't seen that. Can you post a screenshot?

As far as tools for changing coloring and positioning, the only thing I use is Firebug (or the built-in Chrome inspector) and a text editor. CSS really isn't too tough to learn.

W3 Schools has a solid tutorial for you to get the basics with samples and test areas (http://www.w3schools.com/css/). I often used that website as a reference when I was first learning CSS, and still do for other languages.

Once you learn some CSS, you can get the basics for building a UserStyle from here: http://userstyles.org/help/coding
earnjam

Posted Dec 28, 2010 in: Update problem
  • earnjam
Did you sync within the Toodledo app on your iPhone before trying to view them on the web?
earnjam

• earnjam
earnjam

• earnjam
I'm working on one for you.

I'll upload to UserStyles.org when it's ready and I'll post a link here.
earnjam

Posted Dec 28, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
My bad. I just copied and pasted from Peter's post above mine. Should have done from the username on the left side.
earnjam

Posted Dec 28, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
Ah, great call @pyushi_soni!

I never added a position:fixed value to the tags and contexts elements. They still were retaining the position:absolute value from before.

@PeterW, I've added that now and pushed out an update. Check it out and see if that fixes it for you.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next