ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
TheFronz

Score: 0
  • TheFronz
  • Posted: May 12, 2011
  • Score: 0
Let me start with expressing my appreciation for all the work the Toodledo teams puts into continually improving their product and getting updates out consistently. I know there are lots of potential features/fixes you're working on and you can't commit to specific dates.

I just wanted to add my voice to those asking for improved subtask display and navigation.

I have a Pro account and rely on subtasks HEAVILY. The feature is a major differentiator between your product and many competitors. Many people have already talked about the need for a better way to view subtasks. So I'll just focus on navigation.

The heart of the GTD system is the ability to create tasks quickly and put them inside an "InBox" for deeper categorization and consideration later during weekly planning. Until your iOS apps allow you to take a task from the inbox and MOVE it into a subtask position, I can't use it for weekly planning at all. Your Website handles this well with drag and drop capabilities. With reluctance, I would have switched to using AppiGo until you put this feature in except that AppiGo (which allows this functionality through a batch move feature) doesn't support start dates.

For what its worth, I believe improved subtask display (true indentation) and navigation (move tasks into a subtask position) are the most important next things your team can work on. Thanks for listening!

This message was edited May 12, 2011.
TheFronz

Posted Sep 07, 2008 in: Date Search Expressions
Score: 0
  • TheFronz
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2008
  • Score: 0
I'm trying to create a search that covers the following:

Any task with Start Date = NULL (i.e.empty)
AND
Any task with Start Date <= 30 days from now.

So what I'm trying to capture is:
1) Tasks I defined no start date for (which is most of my stuff)
2) Tasks I'm supposed to start in the next 30 days
3) Tasks already started (<= Today).

I've tried setting the search to include anything with a Start Date in the next 30 days OR the last 300. But that filters out everything with an undefined Start Date.

And I also wonder if TODAY is covered in the "next X days" or "last Y days" logic. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!

This message was edited Sep 07, 2008.