ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by KLSiegel320"
KLSiegel320

Posted Feb 20, 2017 in: Task Limit
Score: 0
Well, this is why I'm confused. I have been exporting my history of completed tasks, and then deleting them. When I do a search for CheckedOff = Yes, I get no results.

So how are they still there?
kls
KLSiegel320

Posted Feb 20, 2017 in: Task Limit
I'm asking this as a question, although it may actually be a bug.

I know that there is a 20,000 limit on tasks, and that when one hits it, one has to delete tasks in order to add more.

My confusion is that as near as I can tell, I have 1,282 tasks - but I keep hitting the 20,000 limit and being told I have to delete tasks.

I started some while ago archiving and then deleting completed tasks on a monthly basis; apparently this is no longer sufficient.

I'm not seeing that I have anything filtered out - and it doesn't seem that I'm anywhere near the limit.

Please explain?
kls
KLSiegel320

Posted Dec 14, 2015 in: Android Update 5.8
Love love love the Android app. One thing I would like to see in it - in the web app, I use both start and due dates and start and due times; I sort by due date, and it takes the due time into account, and lays everything out in order, helping me to block time so that I don't think I'm going to be doing the dishes at the same time I'm taking a major meeting.

The Android app only partially mirrors this sorting, and consequently is less than fully useful for knowing not just what's due today, but what time or in what order things are due today. Hopefully this will be incorporated in a future release?
KLSiegel320

This is either a bug, or user error. I downloaded the Toodledo app for Android. I successfully logged into my account, and the app pulled my tasks. So far, so good.

But it isn't syncing what I do on the phone back to the web. When I log into my account through my browser, I'm still seeing tasks uncompleted that I know I completed on the phone app.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
kls
KLSiegel320

Ticket created. I'm sure there's a very reasonable answer.
KLSiegel320

Well, it gets weirder. After I did exactly what was described - this morning I came back to Toodledo after being down with a cold for a couple days (so had lots of overdue tasks).

At first, it appeared that the assorted rollovers had occurred correctly. I picked through the list, moving and rearranging tasks. Of course - the screen stays static - the dates are picked, but until one does a refresh, nothing actually gets shifted to its new date.

I hit F5 to refresh. All the adjusting of dates I had just done disappeared. Tasks I know I edited reverted to their prior state - including a couple priority level changes that reverted. The "optionally on" items reverted, and were showing the question mark but were also showing as past due from yesterday.

Really just not sure how this is happening. It's a very recent development, within the past week or so, and I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong. I do suspect the third-party sync is part of it - but usually that app only syncs when I open it, and I haven't had it open.

Any suggestions?
KLSiegel320

Still optional tasks; reset due dates, reloaded Toodledo - and right now, appears to be working.

It is possible that some of them were edited on my phone in Pocket Informant. I wonder if that might have temporarily affected the "optional" setting? I know there isn't such a setting on the phone.
KLSiegel320

I have several things that I do (or should do) daily, but which can be rolled over if they don't happen every single day. I have these tasks set up with the "optionally on" setting in the due date.

As of about a week ago, this functionality appears not to be working for me - I refresh the list, and the things that ought to roll over are still sitting there, showing overdue, instead of automatically rolling over to today.

Is this something wrong with my computer, or has this function changed?
KLSiegel320

Posted Nov 11, 2011 in: What happens if...
Perfect - it was just in the past couple days I was trying this out, so the things that went missing were all still there. And now I know - it's actually quite handy in a different way than I thought.
KLSiegel320

Posted Nov 11, 2011 in: What happens if...
Thanks! Now for the next question - to which I'm afraid I already know the answer...there's no way to retrieve those removed tasks, is there? There's no archived version anywhere?
KLSiegel320

Posted Nov 10, 2011 in: What happens if...
...you choose "optionally on" the due date, for a task that does not repeat? I know that for a repeater, it's a way to "auto-forward" the task to the next iteration.

It *appears* that for a non-repeating task, it causes the task to be deleted! I had several items on my task list that are intended to sort of float from day to day until I get to them; they're low priority, mostly, or else semi-dependent on circumstances beyond my control. I set them yesterday to be "optionally" due yesterday - and today I cannot find them anywhere.

Just checking if that is intended behavior, or an oops.
KLSiegel320

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 1
Just to add my two cents' worth - I, too, was taken by surprise by the redesign, but once I saw what was done my overall impression was favorable. I didn't dislike the previous design, but I recognize that this one is an improvement in many ways.

That said, I'm also relatively new to the tool, and had become accustomed to certain specifics - like the variable font weight that helped me see priority and status quickly. I am aware that it's easy for users to come up with requirements that are impossible to program - but perhaps there could be a toggle for that type of highlighting. I see from the comments that some people didn't want it, but for those who have relied on it - there's now an adjustment to make.

Really like that you can filter by one or more selected tags; would like to see similar functionality for folders.

Overall - thanks! I love it! This tool has cured my Outlook/Franklin Planner for Outlook addiction once and for all.
KLSiegel320

Posted Jul 18, 2011 in: Short Wishlist
These are just nice-to-haves, but...

...any chance the site could be set up to refresh after completions? I.e., when I finish something, I'd like it filed away somewhere and not lurking in front of me after I've checked it off.

Similarly, it would be nice, in a list that's sorted by due date, and then by importance, for the list to reload itself when the due date and/or importance are changed (the way the page reloads when you switch filters, for example).

Just a thought...