ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
chris

Score: 0
  • chris
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2012
  • Score: 0
The problem with the Ruby gem is that it is limited to standard syntax. Through email or Twitter I can use an entry like:

drink beer #tomorrow *folderx !!

to get a task with a due date of tomorrow, set to the folderx, with a priority of 2

I use to have a script that did this via Twitter, but it stopped working when they changed authentication and I've never been able to get it working again.

So, for now, my quickest route is to open twitter and do a direct message to toodledo with the task. Not super-efficient.
chris

Score: 1
  • chris
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2012
  • Score: 1
Strange. I wonder why ToodleAir hates me... are you running 10.7?

I am using LaunchBar and a script that uses Perl command-line twitter app to route to twitter using DMs to ToodleDo, but it is a fragile chain and definitely not very portable. Maybe I 'll try to see what is going on with ToodleAir on my machine
chris

• chris
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2012
I am looking for a really fast, no-friction way to add tasks with more info than just the title. Email and Twitter, which allow for a fuller syntax, are too slow. Ideally I'd like something that with a keystroke I pop up a window or open Launchbar or Alfred or similar, enter my task, hit return, and I'm done.

I guess this will have to piggyback on twitter or email unless someone has written a script that can use the API in a fuller way than I understand the toodledo Ruby gem can.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this?

Also, TO TOODLE ADMINS: I don't know what you backend system looks like, but I don't understand why we *still* can't use the full syntax for adding tasks in the quick add bar!

Note: ToodleAir, if it can use the full syntax, doesn't run on my machine anyway,though something along those lines would be great. I am on a Mac.
chris

Score: -1
  • chris
  • Posted: May 28, 2012
  • Score: -1
+1 (resurrecting...unless there's a better way to make these feature requests)
chris

• chris
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2011
What is currently the absolute quickest way to get tasks into Toodledo? I find the task entry dialogues quite slow. Twitter or Email are currently what I'm using because they are quicker to access and accept the natural language entry.

But I'm wondering if anyone has setup Toodledo with Launchbar (or a similar application launcher) or anything else I could just pop up quickly as a single entry dialogue box and get submitted to Toodledo with one smack of the Enter key?
chris

• chris
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2010
I use SlickRun instead of Launchy, so I can add a task by clicking WIN-Q and typing something like "td new task #tomorrow *work"

with this config:

in Slickrun I have a keyword setup as:
filename: C:\path\to\slickrun-email.vbs
parameters: "$I$"

contents of slickrun-email.vbs (replace all caps email/password)

Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
Set Flds = iConf.Fields
schema = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
Flds.Item(schema & "sendusing") = 2
Flds.Item(schema & "smtpserver") = "smtp.gmail.com"
Flds.Item(schema & "smtpserverport") = 465
Flds.Item(schema & "smtpauthenticate") = 1
Flds.Item(schema & "sendusername") = "MYEMAILADDRESS"
Flds.Item(schema & "sendpassword") = "MYPASSWORD"
Flds.Item(schema & "smtpusessl") = 1
Flds.Update

With iMsg
.To = "MYTOODLEDOEMAIL"
.From = "Chris Lott <MYEMAILADDRESS>"
.Subject = wscript.arguments.item(0)
.HTMLBody = message
.Sender = " "
.Organization = " "
.ReplyTo = " "
Set .Configuration = iConf
SendEmailGmail = .Send
End With
set iMsg = nothing
set iConf = nothing
set Flds = nothing

This message was edited Sep 15, 2010.
chris

• chris
  • Posted: May 25, 2010
The "many times answered" link provides a strange answer-- that having a way to vote on enhancements must limit developer freedom. why not have a mechanism so users can make their preferences known but not treat it as a requirement for development... in other words, just because people have a voice and hearing that voice can be valuable doesn't mean it has to be considered marching orders for what is or isn't done. But at least we as users could be confident that we are being heard and that there is an accurate picture being given of the weight behind any suggestion.

Such a system could even be limited to (or seen as a feature of) pro accounts...