ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
raj_1312170655

Posted Jul 15, 2017 in: Barcode scanner interface?
Score: 0
I was thinking that if Toodledo, on android or iphone, had a barcode interface, then when an item which is checked off on my shopping list is out and needs to be replaced (such as a grocery item), then I could just quickly scan the barcode before tossing the container, Toodledo would find the item which is checked off and uncheck it, or add it, if needed. Quick and easy! I'm amazed that this isn't there already.

I'm thinking of purchasing my own USB scanner, connecting it to a Raspberry Pi sitting beside my fridge, and using the Toodledo public API to do this, however I don't want to spend a lot of time on something that someone may have already done.

Any pointers?
raj_1312170655

Posted Nov 07, 2013 in: Sync reminders into a Toodledo folder?
I really like Toodledo and my wife and I use it all of the time! I have some of my own reminders which I put into my own personal "raj" folder. I would like to have my reminders from the Reminders program on my iPhone also sync directly into this "raj" folder. Currently, they are synced into the main folder and then I lose track of them! Couldn't we just have a setting allowing the user to specify the folder into which Reminders should be synced?
raj_1312170655

Posted Jan 22, 2012 in: Location distance
Yep, that describes my situation. I definitely have bad coverage where I am. I figured it was something like that. Too bad. I really liked the feature and had hopes to use it, but basically I can't currently.
raj_1312170655

Posted Jan 22, 2012 in: Need "Context Groups"
I guess what I described would be more like "Location Groups" and not "Context Groups", but you get the idea. Thanks! Looking forward to it!
raj_1312170655

Posted Jan 18, 2012 in: Location distance
I have around 8 locations defined and have some tasks assigned to each location. My iPhone is constantly giving me an alert for one particular task with an associated location which is always 4 miles or more away, even though I have the location distance set to 1 mile! At the same time, it doesn't give me alerts for other locations which have assigned tasks and which are actually closer, such as 2 miles away! Whenever I get the false alert, it's always for the same task, which is always more than 4 miles away! Very strange. I don't know what's going on. I work from home and at random times it'll suddenly alert about this one task (about once a day), even though the phone itself hasn't moved an inch!
raj_1312170655

Posted Jan 18, 2012 in: iOS 5
Other iphone programs such as "TaskAware" will turn off monitoring of location if running in the background and if there are no current tasks requiring it.
raj_1312170655

Posted Jan 18, 2012 in: Need "Context Groups"
Toodledo needs the concept of a "Context Group". Let's say you're using Toodledo as your grocery list. There are some things on your grocery list which you really want to pick up from a particular store and other things which you can buy from ANY grocery store. If you have a set of stores which you frequent, you could create a "Context Group" called "Grocery stores". Then, you could assign the "Grocery stores" context to all of your generic grocery items (which can be picked up anywhere). Now, whenever you're close to ANY of the grocery stores in your "Grocery stores" context group, you would get a notification!

This ends up being basically the same type of idea as being able to assign "multiple contexts". Many, many, people have said they want this and currently it appears as though only OmniFocus addresses this. (Although, they address it via a context specified as a search and you can't assign a notification radius to it, but only display it on a map.) The idea of a "Context Group" retains the clean and simple "context" idea, allows you to cleanly specify exactly the stores you want, and allows the Toodledo programmers to very cleanly and easily implement the function as simply additional locations to check for notifications (instead of a more complex search mechanism).