ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by sarahinparis"
sarahinparis

Posted May 07, 2010 in: Overwhelmed
Score: 0
Hi Toolbox,

There is one thing I added last year to my system, which is a daily repeating task of identifying the top 3 priority items for the next day. I sometimes do it first thing in the morning, but I'm less stressed if I do it the night before.

This is what I use the Stars for - that way I just toggle on the stars for the Most Important Tasks I need to do, and work on getting those done first thing - I'd read somewhere that tackling a few big rocks early each day sets you up for good success, and it helps me see what MUST be done.

Like someone above said, one of the keys for ongoing work is to consistently scan your list -- I often check mine 6 or 8 or 10 times in a day.

I don't know if the "most important tasks" approach will work for you - and I know it's not Official GTD, but I find it helps me.
sarahinparis

Posted May 07, 2010 in: Scott's GTD Setup
Score: 0
Hi, I'm glad to have found this forum!

I have been using Toodledo as a GTD platform for over a year - I think I've set it up so that it has most everything I need (except the discipline to always do a weekly review!)

For Someday-Maybe I created a Folder called "Someday-Maybe" - I can look at just the items in this folder when I need to.

I have a few other things I've done w Toodledo that have helped :

My folders have a structure :
"*" before the topic is a personal folder that is active
" <nothing>" before the topic is a work folder that is active
"z" before the topic is an inactive folder (they show at the bottom of the list of folders). I organize the folders alphabetically, and with this system it's easy to find the folders I need.

Someday-Maybe is thus "Z Someday-Maybe"

I have my weekly review checklist as a text note under "weekly review" which is a repeating task every Tuesday (the note itself contains my modifications of the GTD wkly review checklist)

I've also set up a series of bookmarks that help me, and they include some Toodledo Folder views already bookmarked

So the higher folder level on my toolbar is "Daily" and there are some direct bookmarks there to Toodledo, to my email, to a few other sites I use daily & multiple times a day

Underneath, sub-folders for each day of the week (Mon-Friday plus one for weekend)

A day's folder will have the bookmarks I need - I have Inbox Zero days for certain accounts for different days of the week (and none on Monday because Monday is usually a hectic day for me). So bookmarks to each account under the appropriate day.

Tuesday is Weekly Review day (if all goes well). I have my main work inbox set for Inbox Zero on Tuesdays & Fridays, so bookmark to my webmail client for that account. And another subfolder for bookmarks under "Weekly Review" under "Tuesday" which includes a link to the Cleansweep assessment (which I do monthly) and a bookmark which directs me to the "Someday-Maybe" folder of Toodledo.

Now when I do my Weekly Review I just click through the various bookmarks & see the things I need (they are ordered to correspond to my Checklist).

I've found this system really helpful - only wish I could get Toodledo offline on my computer when I am traveling, although the iPhone & iPad apps help somewhat.

I love learning how others use the system. I will try to explore using tags - so far I haven't done that.

This message was edited May 07, 2010.