ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by robbiejg"
robbiejg

Score: 0
  • robbiejg
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2015
  • Score: 0
Purveyor,

Thank you for the information, it was very helpful. I can't believe I missed it the first (and second) time. :)

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

-Robbiejg
robbiejg

• robbiejg
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2015
Hello,

Previously, whenever I would log into the Toodledo site, I would see my last view. That view was a search. Now it is going to the Recently Modified view.

I tried changing my settings to have the default view to look at a folder (which is still not what I want) and it seemed to randomly select a folder. Now when I log in, it always goes to that folder, but it is still not the Saved Search view.

Is it possible to reset my default to a Saved Search?

Thank you.
robbiejg

• robbiejg
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2014
Jake,

I appreciate the response. Although I'm a little disappointed, you certainly saved me hours of trying to figure it out.

Thank you.
robbiejg

• robbiejg
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2014
I am looking to backup just one folder (or I could do it by tag) so I can remove it from the site. Of course, there might be a time I want to restore that folder and I didn't want to have to backup the entire site and then go through the backup to find just that folder.

If I save a backup as a CSV I can pretty easily remove everything but the folder, so I can then upload just the folder. The problem there is, it flattens out the file so I lose my subtasks.

I thought I could do it as an XML so I don't lose the subtasks, but it appears that the XML is broken down by items and it looks difficult to be able to remove everything by the folder/tag/section I would want to upload.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thank you.

Rob

p.s. I am a very happy Pro user for a long time. I find the site invaluable.
robbiejg

Posted Jul 15, 2009 in: Non-repeating tasks with Optionally On
  • robbiejg
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2009
Anders,

I like your suggestion. However, I am going to consider it a "work-around" for now :)

Thank you for the reply.
robbiejg

Posted Jul 15, 2009 in: Non-repeating tasks with Optionally On
  • robbiejg
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2009
Hi,

Here's my understanding: if you set Optionally On to a repeating task and do not complete it that day, it automatically moves to the next day. If the task is not a repeating task and Optionally On is set and you do not complete it, it is deleted.

Assuming that is correct, my question is: is there a way to set the Optionally On to a non-repeating task and have it move to the next day? The reason I would like this is that I might have scheduled to get something done that day, but did not get to it in time and I'll do it the next day.

I understand that this may be missing the point of scheduling something for a particular day and that is why it becomes overdue. However, I sometimes have too many tasks and need them to go over to the next day for me. I guess I need to better handle GTD so this doesn't occur ;)

Thank you.
robbiejg

Posted Aug 25, 2008 in: Saving a List of Tasks
  • robbiejg
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2008
Claudio,

Thank you for the information. I do have a Pro account so it will just be a matter of resetting the due dates.

The other bonus you threw in there for me was the multi-edit. I wasn't aware that I could do that. I guess I need to read more about this. :)

Thank you so much for the help.
robbiejg

Posted Aug 25, 2008 in: Saving a List of Tasks
  • robbiejg
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2008
Hello,

I made a list of all the stuff I needed to do for my vacation last week. It is likely that I am going to need to do the same things for my next vacation (whenever that may be).

Is there a way I can save all those Vacation tasks (they are in a Vacation folder) and use them again next vacation? I was thinking about exporting them and then importing them when the time came. I don't know the best approach for something like this.

Thank you for the help.