ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Jim"
Jim

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
Score: 1
  • Jim
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2011
  • Score: 1
I'd like to share my perspective on the issues Jeffrey raised.

1. None of the changes caused me to be unable to use the service so there is no issue there for me. I spent about 30 seconds looking around and said "Oh, it's over here now" - no biggie. It's not like the changes were workflow killers or you changed the entire paradigm by calling contexts "bubbles" or something weird.

2. If someone mistrusts a service for making an improvement without notice everywhere then they probably won't be happy with anything better than paper and pencil locked up in a safe... just make sure to get a stack of notepads because one day they may change the coloring or line spacing a bit. Another thing is that had you informed me a week or more ahead of time I don't know anything that I could have done with that knowledge that didn't occur when I signed in and saw the new format.

3. I assume that since it is a web-site-hosted tool that things can and will change with little or no notice. If I need or want things to stay the same I'll buy an app that installs on my computer and never upgrade it.

4. I was delighted to see the changes. There are others out there that promise for months (years sometimes) that "We are making the following changes" and then months later it's still the same. I much prefer the surprise to the empty promises.

I guess my Pastor's right when he says people like "chosen change" but not "imposed change". Personally I love the new look and appreciate the time and efforts - sure you're being paid for it but you could have left that old look in place forever and had the attitude "Well, you knew what you were paying for when you bought into it!" which is prevalent but not good.

Thanks for working to be even better Toodledo!
Jim

Score: 0
  • Jim
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2008
  • Score: 0
Great tip, thanks!
Jim

Posted Sep 17, 2008 in: managing projects with sequential tasks
Score: 0
  • Jim
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2008
  • Score: 0
Posted by InfoJeff:
These workarounds are all very innovative (and I actually really do love innovating), but the core issue is that ToodleDo does not have a straightforward way to do this. We need ToodleDo to be able to put tasks in a sequence and/or implement task dependency.

Hi Jeff, since this is in Tips and Tricks and not feedback it seems you want innovation. Yes it would be nice to have it built in, but until then what I do is name the sub tasks 1.Call Joe, 2.Send letter, etc and then set them all to hold or waiting except the active and next-action tasks. This lets me set tags, priority, etc for each individual subtask and still have a sorted list of tasks in sequence.
Hope it helps