ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
aldonc

Score: 0
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2011
  • Score: 0
In Account Settings, do you have subtasks enabled?
aldonc

Posted Nov 22, 2008 in: looking for way to duplicate tasks
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2008
I do this a lot for projects by creating the "template" in excel and saving those tasks as a csv to import into Toodledo.

I generally setup the basics such as folder and action in the excel file and use the calendar in Toodledo to set due dates, etc.

I still need to drag these under the parent (which is part of the import) to make them sub-tasks but they are all together in the Recently Added tab.

This message was edited Nov 22, 2008.
aldonc

Posted Nov 08, 2008 in: ProPlus Subscription Expiry
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Nov 08, 2008
if you look on the web page in the upper left, just under the Toodledo logo, you should see 'Welcome, username' and just below that it should say 'Pro Subscription'. Click on that and you'll see a box on that page that tells you how long your subscription is.

aldon
aldonc

Posted Oct 29, 2008 in: Is this the place to talk iPhone app?
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2008
I'm sure they will... There's also a long post at the top of the News Forum with iPhone ?'s that you could add to.

aldon
aldonc

• aldonc
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2008
Same way as RTM (mostly). Setup a search for Due dates in the Next 3 Days OR no Due Date.

Aldon
aldonc

Posted Oct 28, 2008 in: How to get started?
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2008
There should be an Add A Task link in the upper right corner of the screen. Other wise, press N and that will open an area at the top of the screen to add a task.

aldon
aldonc

Posted Oct 14, 2008 in: iPhone Version Question
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2008
a left to right swipe in any task listing.

aldon
aldonc

Posted Oct 12, 2008 in: Subtasks on iPhone?
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2008
The sub-tasks are displayed on the iPhone and can be edited like any other task. They can't be shown indented and/or grouped with the master task but I don't think that is what you were asking.

aldon
aldonc

Posted Oct 12, 2008 in: Due time?
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2008
Make sure you have it displayed. Go to Account Settings then Edit Fields Used and check Due Time.

aldon
aldonc

Posted Oct 10, 2008 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2008
I guess buried is relative. That's how delete in mail works too.

aldon
aldonc

Posted Oct 10, 2008 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2008
do a left-to-right swipe on a task in any listing and a delete button appears.

aldon
aldonc

Posted Sep 25, 2008 in: Make "Show All Subtasks" Sticky?
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Sep 25, 2008
The icon in the right hand column changes if there is a note on a task. Are you talking about something different?

I would actually like a different (more obvious) icon for this but don't want to hijack the original request of this thread.
aldonc

Posted Sep 23, 2008 in: Daily Email Reminder
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2008
Just to be clear (and there is conflicting info in your messages which makes me point this out):

-there is a daily reminder of your hotlist items which comes out around midnight. This is setup as described above.
-there are reminders for individual tasks that are sent out at some (approximate) predetermined time before the event. These are setup in Connections -> SMS/Email reminders.

Sorry if this is not to the point, I just read some things in your messages that made me believe you may be confusing the two.

aldon
aldonc

Posted Sep 23, 2008 in: Daily Email Reminder
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2008
Hi KK,
Verify that 'Get a daily email reminder' is checked and your email address is correct in Account Settings. The only other thing (other than having items in your hotlist as you mention) is to make sure your Date/Time are correct in your Account Settings. This won't keep it from working but the email will show up at a time other than approximately midnight.

If you have gone through a 24hr cycle without seeing the message, make sure it's not in a spam folder, etc...

aldon
aldonc

Posted Sep 21, 2008 in: Notebook
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2008
Jim,
you need a notes program to keep track of your notes programs!

Wasn't sure which you were asking about specifically so offered an opinion. I agree that tighter integration with tasks would be a useful thing to do.

I was sort of putting in a plug for features I'd like to see in the notebook. :-)

aldon
aldonc

Posted Sep 20, 2008 in: Reminder
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2008
that should be everything you need to do... Maybe it's ending up in spam at the ISP for the email or just getting rejected for some reason?

Do you have another address you can try? I use a gmail address and it works fine.

aldon
aldonc

Posted Sep 19, 2008 in: Can't find completed tasks
  • aldonc
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2008
A couple of thoughts - there may be other ways.

-if you know of a term you can Search by in the task, go to Search and enter that term. Closed tasks are at the bottom of that list.
-Or, go to search and click the 'Task Contains' then select 'Checked Off' and make sure it is 'Yes'. This will find all completed tasks.

aldon
aldonc

Posted Sep 19, 2008 in: Notebook
  • aldonc
I use Evernote and I just use it to capture random bits of info. This isn't specifically Toodledo's notebook but I read your question a little more generically that that (a notebook rather than the notebook). A few things that are in it right now:

-I am doing some research for something that's going to turn into a project a work (I have a Toodledo task that is Planning). I don't want this info in the task because when I check it off, it's more-or-less gone. Plus Evernote does screen captures of web pages and those don't fit in the notes of a task.
-I ran across some investment ideas while reading the paper (the old low-tech version) and I took a picture with my iPhone. Now that's in Evernote with some amount of OCR so I can search for it.
-Travel reminders
-Commons specs for things on my motorcycles that don't stick in my head - tire sizes, pressures, etc.
-I've c&p'd some info from these forums as I was trying to figure out how to use folders, contexts, and sub-tasks in a way that made sense to me for tasks & projects.

I really like the fact that a picture can become a note in Evernote and OCR can make is searchable. I also like the integration with firefox and Outlook so it's easy to clip what I want without a bunch of typing.

I would like it all to be in Toodledo and I continue to watch the improvements in Notebook. I really like Evernote but will move to Toodledo notebook when it fits my needs.

Aldon
aldonc

• aldonc
Figured out what the problem is and it's not really a bug.

Most of my tasks with sub-tasks are projects. Because I use the main task as sort of a "container", it doesn't have a due date since I haven't figured out how to make that work for me. The main tasks don't show up on my hotlist because they don't meet the criteria so there is nothing to show a sub-task for even though the sub-tasks are on the hotlist.

thanks,
Aldon
aldonc

• aldonc
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2008
It works in all other views, just not in Hotlist. The text toggles between Hide and Show, just nothing happens.

aldon
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next