ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by hawkeyeted"
hawkeyeted

Posted Sep 16, 2008 in: Status
Score: 0
I love the "status" field. But, that absence of it in the "slim" makes it a deal breaker, as I use both Slim and the desktop.

I know the folks at Toodledo are working hard, but it seems to me that Slim could use a little attention too.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

(I just realized that I hijacked the thread. Probably should have posted this in another forum...)

This message was edited Sep 16, 2008.
hawkeyeted

Posted Aug 16, 2008 in: Yet another feature request...
Is it possibly to add a feature to access the calendar from the "slim"? Right now, all it can do is just get me to the due date which doesn't give sufficient "situational awareness" to the surrounding dates.
hawkeyeted

Posted Aug 11, 2008 in: GTD and due dates
@Qrystal

In the spirit of Dave Allen and the GTD method, the reasoning for NOT assigning Due Dates is the prevention of procrastination. You should be executing action on all tasks.

That said, "soft" DD's should be "deferred" until you can continue. "Hard" DD's should be "calendar" until their DD arrives and you can take action.

Again, this is purely the academic form of GTD. I understand your dilemma. There are no rules against using a hybrid form of GTD. Do what works best for you. I frequently find myself up against a "like to be done by....." and assign a date to keep it on my scope.

This message was edited Aug 11, 2008.
hawkeyeted

Posted Aug 10, 2008 in: Why Use ToDo for iPhone?
I have the "To Do" app that you've mentioned. Here is my analysis:

Pros:
-It's an "off-line" app meaning you can access your list without a live connection. (Nice feature if you're in an area w/o service).
-You can add/complete/delete tasks, assign priorities, put tasks in their requisite folders and sync it all up w/Toodledoo.

Cons:
-Doesn't take advantage of Toodledo's advanced functions (Hotlist, goals, contexts, tags, subtasks, etc.).
-It costs $$$.

Hope this helps your decision.

Regards,
Ted

This message was edited Aug 10, 2008.
hawkeyeted

Posted by Toodledo:
How do you edit a due-date in Jott and have it show up in Google Calendar?

That's OUR question! :-)

If I scheduled an event to be due on a given Wednesday, but changed to a Friday, I should be able to change the due date in Toodledo and have the date shift in Gcal from Wednesday to Friday.
hawkeyeted

I'll harass Google then. If the calendar doesn't pickup the date change, it's kind of a deal breaker for me.

What i don't understand why this seems to only effect Toodledo. Jott seems to work fine.

This message was edited Aug 03, 2008.
hawkeyeted

Is there any update to this? I'm still having the same issue with existing task due dates not updating. (Aug 3)

This message was edited Aug 03, 2008.